Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Advent and Christmas seasons bring a multitude of mail solicitations from all kinds of charities and non-profit organizations. And while it can be annoying collecting all the mail solicitations on a daily basis, I understand the worthy purposes for most. It makes sense to use the “gifting” mentality of the Christmas season for fundraising.

Some of the solicitations we receive are from foundations that we support on a regular basis. They are from a wide variety of worthy faith-based, environmental, youth, pro-life, and educational causes. But this year, for the first time, we received solicitations from Planned Parenthood and Compassion and Choices, an assisted suicide advocate group.

It seemed kind of strange that their solicitations arrived right after we finished up our local 40 Days for Life campaign and after the recent elections. But there they were.

I have no idea how we got on their mailing lists but rather than just chucking their mail in the trash, I read what they had to say. The messaging they used may help to explain why the pro-life position lost in recent state elections.

Planned Parenthood solicitation message

Continued below.