Sarkozy - "The Islamic faith has nothing to do with the motivations of this man"

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
My question:

Can you produce the words of Jesus Christ advocating division, hate and violence by Christians to non Christians to match the verses I list above delivered by Muhammad's God for the instruction of Muslims?

The thing I have never understood is how some Christians are eager to separate the New Testament from the Hebrew Bible when questionable verses are brought up in the Hebrew Bible but eager to embrace it when those passages are good or show prophecies they attribute to Jesus.

Upvote 0

steve_bakr

Christian
Aug 3, 2011
✟22,533.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Whoa. I believe that this thread started off on the wrong track and is continuing that way. My hope is that it won't stay open for long. I believe it is not in comformance with the spirit of CWR, which is to learn about other religions, engage in constructive and respectful dialogue, and to offer Christians the opportunity to share the love and good news of Jesus Christ to non-Christians.

Upvote 0

All Englands Skies

Christian-Syndicalist
Nov 4, 2008
Midlands
✟221,157.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Why is it that every time a Christian blows up an abortion clinic, or bombs a gay bar, or shoots a doctor that performs abortions in the head, clergy comes out with same line. Why is it so difficult for our politicians (and some of you) to accept that these people are taking their instructions to kill from their God, the God of their Bible?

There's an elephant in the room and everybody is pretending it's not there!

Its not ignored though, it it.

Whenever it happens one of the first things people make an issue of it if the person is a "fundelmentalist Christian", its then followed by the comments like "This isnt real Christianity"

Suppose its the same.

However if I am honest, wether its a warped view, to deny they had any inspiration is silly, on anyside, wether Islamic or a Christian who bombs an abortion centre, they had to get some Inspiration from it, even if its a warped version.

Upvote 0

Booko

Poultry in Motion
Aug 14, 2006
Georgia
✟19,470.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
You saw that too, eh? Santorum also was on Bryan Fisher's show for an interview. You know Bryan Fisher; the spokesman for the American Family Association (designated as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center) who regularly rages against Muslims, liberals, women, and homosexuals.

Oh yes, I wouldn't have been able to miss that introduction if I tried.

Ah yes, Bryan Fisher. I see him interviewed from time to time. I usually change the channel or leave the room. Few people make the hair on my arms stand on end, but he would be one of them. And I've learned not to ignore visceral reactions on the rare occasions I have them.

I do keep track more or less what Southern Poverty Law Center has to say about hate groups, mostly as a habit I built many years ago. They have useful fact-based information on all sorts of groups, whether their "inspiration" is from a twisted view of some religion or racial or just totally crazy political.

When someone is a serious candidate for office of the president of the United States, you can't dismiss these people as crazy, peripheral Christians anymore.

Well, I certainly can't get worked up about the supposed threat of "sharia law" here in the U.S., given the current state of affairs here.

But we've been living under some limited Christian laws for years now.

I grew up with blue laws. They were justified by Christian beliefs and nothing else. ^_^ Oh, I made a serious mistake asking after church years ago why all the stores had to be closed on Sunday, because when were Jews supposed to be able to shop for things if they worked M-F during store hours? (That was when the sidewalks rolled up at 5pm so much so I think it was Ezra Pound wrote a scathing poem about the place.)

It was only last year that the Georgia State House allowed people to vote on whether to allow Sunday alcohol sales. There is zero reason to ban alcohol sales on Sunday except those directly related to the ideas of a subset of Christians about what everyone should and should not be doing on a Sunday.

And of course there's the recent discussion of law settled from back when I was a child. The stuff coming to be called the "war on women." Sorry, but those views come from a certain religious quarter and it isn't Muslims. It's nice to know those good imposers of their holy religious law might be able to ensure my daughter is not able to function well enough to ever support herself. Very kindly of them to do that.

The real worry is not about Christians or about Muslims, or anyone else...except those who preach violence and hatred.

And spread lies about others to encourage others to join them in their world of darkness.

Upvote 0

Booko

Poultry in Motion
Aug 14, 2006
Georgia
✟19,470.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Whoa. I believe that this thread started off on the wrong track and is continuing that way. My hope is that it won't stay open for long. I believe it is not in comformance with the spirit of CWR, which is to learn about other religions, engage in constructive and respectful dialogue, and to offer Christians the opportunity to share the love and good news of Jesus Christ to non-Christians.

Well, it got closed and reopened, though I would not assume the staff is finished looking necessarily.

Still, your point is well taken, and maybe we could find something better to talk about and leave this thread to die it's well deserved death.

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why is it that every time a Muslim flies a plane into an office block, or blows up a bus or shoots a few random pedestrians, a politician comes out with same line. Why is it so difficult for our politicians (and some of you) to accept that these people are taking their instructions to kill from their God, the God of their Quran?

I'm with you brother on this. Thanks for the extra verses that support the reality of Islam.
Politicians want to appease the majority and present a tolerant position. They (like Obama) want to play neutral and actually bow down and kiss up to the Muslims. In his book, he said that he wanted to fulfill his fathers dream (which was to advance Islam) ... and he calls himself of Christian?
This is the era of tolerance. We are supposed to accept homosexuality, abortion rights, animal rights, insect rights, adultery and rights of terrorists as well. Liberalism screams for any which way you want without restraints. After terrorists murder people and are captured, we must be nice and treat them with the utmost civility. It is politically correct to not blame Islam for the acts of Islamic terrorists. It is not like they are distorting the Quran, they are just the ones who are bravely obeying it literally. An expose is surely needed. Your opponents here will not bother to look up those verses, they just want to attack Christianity, so I will display some:

“But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.” Sura 9:5 YUSUFALI

That sounds like a direct order to be obedient to. Of course, those with a moral conscience resist this command. Or maybe they would rather leave it to the warriors at heart and sit back and praise Allah for this cause. We seen video footage of them cheering in the streets during the 9/11 attack.

“The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter; Sura 5:33 YUSUFALI

Do we see this today? Well, not in our country but in other countries we see rape, enslavement, torture, etc. Does this sound like the word from a loving god? Do Christians and Jews spread religion this way?

“O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the Hypocrites, and be firm against them. Their abode is Hell,- an evil refuge indeed.” Sura 9:73 YUSUFALI

Apparently, Jihad is a direct command to Mohammed from Allah!

“O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people. ”Sura 5:51 SHAKIR

Does this sound like Allah wants them to be friends to us? Does this sound like love thy neighbor …?

For those of you who are Christians, let’s see what the Koran says about Jesus:
“He to whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth: no son has He begotten, nor has He a partner in His dominion: it is He who created all things, and ordered them in due proportions.”Sura 25:2 YUSUFALI

So, they claim that there is no Son of God.

“They do blaspheme who say: "Allah is Christ the son of Mary." But said Christ: "O Children of Israel! worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Whoever joins other gods with Allah,- Allah will forbid him the garden, and the Fire will be his abode. There will for the wrong-doers be no one to help. They do blaspheme who say: Allah is one of three in a Trinity: for there is no god except One Allah. If they desist not from their word (of blasphemy), verily a grievous penalty will befall the blasphemers among them.”Sura 5:72, 73 YUSUFALI

Christians believe that Jesus is God, however, they don’t ever call him “Allah” so they are wrong by saying we do … but you get the idea.

“The Messiah, son of Mary, was no other than a messenger, messengers (the like of whom) had passed away before him. And his mother was a saintly woman. And they both used to eat (earthly) food. See how We make the revelations clear for them, and see how they are turned away! “ Sura 5:75 PICKTHALL

Jesus was more than a messenger or prophet.

*All the above scriptures were taken from the Qur’an, English translation, copyright 2007-2009 CMJE and the University of Southern California.

Why is it that every time a Christian exposes reality (truth), the Devil and his agents try to discredit, mock, attack or dismantle our beliefs? Because it is their nature. It baffles me how atheists flock to Christian forums to do just those things. I could see if they were sincerely open to the gospel and curious, but most are antagonists, out to defeat and destroy. The Devil seeks to devour and destroy. Like father, like son!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

newbeliever02072005

Have Courage to Trust God
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2005
WV
✟52,180.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
MOD HAT ON:

Please accept my apology for not closing the thread on the previous mod hat I posted. Thought I did, but apparently I didn't. The thread here has been reported and we are currently reviewing.

Again, sorry for the confusion.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.