Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Wolseley said:
I didn't know you were a fellow connoisseur!!! :thumbsup:

I, personally, am not into the splatter and gore genre; my tastes run more towards the atmospheric and creepy. I like many of the older Christopher Lee / Peter Cushing concoctions, and I thought that "The Others", "The Sixth Sense", and "Dream House" were great.

I agree. Can't stand slashers and torture movies like saw. But I grew up on the old Halloween movies. Michael Meyers. That was a scary dude.

Upvote 0

Brooklyn Knight

On a narrow road but not narrow minded
Nov 21, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
✟13,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
I didn't know you were a fellow connoisseur!!! :thumbsup:

Grew up on the stuff.

I, personally, am not into the splatter and gore genre; my tastes run more towards the atmospheric and creepy. I like many of the older Christopher Lee / Peter Cushing concoctions, and I thought that "The Others", "The Sixth Sense", and "Dream House" were great.

I don't mind the gore/splatter because I grew up watching those kind of movies, so horror icons like Jason Voorhees, Michael Myers, Freddy Krueger, Leatherface, etc. are kind of etched in me.

I will say that the gore level in today's films use way too much of the stuff that it becomes more comical than anything. Take a movie like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre: that movie had very little blood but it's remembered as being one of the goriest movies ever made.

The atmosphere, the props, the sound effects and the way the kills were shown played mind games with you.

Still, those aren't the only types of horror movies I enjoyed/enjoy. I'm seeing you're a Hammer fan. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Grew up on the stuff.

I don't mind the gore/splatter because I grew up watching those kind of movies, so horror icons like Jason Voorhees, Michael Myers, Freddy Krueger, Leatherface, etc. are kind of etched in me.

I will say that the gore level in today's films use way too much of the stuff that it becomes more comical than anything. Take a movie like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre: that movie had very little blood but it's remembered as being one of the goriest movies ever made.

The atmosphere, the props, the sound effects and the way the kills were shown played mind games with you.

Still, those aren't the only types of horror movies I enjoyed/enjoy. I'm seeing you're a Hammer fan. :thumbsup:

Oh, yeah---love the old Hammer films. :)

I like a lot of Roger Corman's early stuff, too.

Upvote 0

rayodeluz

Inadaptado
May 25, 2010
✟15,583.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
Reactions: Rhamiel