United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Interesting article;

The county reported that it had reviewed each COVID-19 fatality and was only counting those whose cause of death was from the virus and not those who tested positive for COVID-19 at the time of death but did not necessarily die from the virus.
Santa Clara County Revises Official COVID-19 Death Toll Down by 22 Percent

It's nice to see more places acknowledging that there is a big difference between dying WITH COVID as opposed to FROM COVID.

• Informative
Reactions: Danthemailman

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I’m quite sure they were the only county to misreport the numbers.

/sarcasm.

Sarcasm noted, but the article actually mentions that this has been confirmed in at least *TWO* counties, also resulting in a drop of about 25%;

Last month, Alameda County health leaders refined their approach to reporting COVID-19 deaths as well and also registered a drop in that county’s death toll by about a quarter.​

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I like how they say they "refined their approach to reporting COVID-19 deaths" instead of just coming out and stating that they went back and realized that as many as 25% of these deaths weren't from COVID at all.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,735.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
In high school I had a job with NYC Dept. Of Records during the summer.

I have seen thousands of death certificates. There are primary and secondary factors. All contribute.

A patient may die from COPD but the COPD was fatal when combined with COVID. To think otherwise is delusional.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In high school I had a job with NYC Dept. Of Records during the summer.

I have seen thousands of death certificates. There are primary and secondary factors. All contribute.

A patient may die from COPD but the COPD was fatal when combined with COVID. To think otherwise is delusional.

Your remarkably impressive high school summer internship with the Department of Records notwithstanding, the DoH in these 2 counties disagree with your assessment.

There is quite obviously a difference between dying with COVID and dying from COVID, and to borrow your pejorative, to think otherwise is delusional.

• Agree
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0