Miami
✟39,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The intensity with which I try to be saved has remained high, recently. I repeatedly think I'm finally saved, but then figure I'm not. I read the Word. Just this morning, I got an impression that I still don't know Jesus, so I started praying/saying "Jesus, help me to come to know You and want to do your will." But it's like the real reason I do anything and everything is selfish. My selfish grip on myself cannot be released.

Another problem is layers of fantasy and imagination blocking the way between me and the real Jesus. I apparently want a Jesus that I can generate in my mind and manipulate, rather than letting the real Jesus control me. I try to "submit" to a fantasy Jesus in my mind. These layers of imagination and fantasy cannot be stripped away.

So, even when I pray to try to get saved, in my heart of hearts, I am clinging to self at all costs. It's like, the bottom line for me is: everything for self.

One can accomplish things and solve some problems, all with self on the throne. One can acquire knowledge and use it for one's own selfish purposes. ("Knowledge is power.") Apparently, I try to use knowledge of God and the gospel for my own selfish purposes. The problem of the separation between man and God is the one problem that cannot be solved with self still on the throne.

If all my "turnings to Christ" are fake because in my heart of hearts, I still do everything for self, then salvation remains out of reach.

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The intensity with which I try to be saved has remained high, recently. I repeatedly think I'm finally saved, but then figure I'm not. I read the Word. Just this morning, I got an impression that I still don't know Jesus, so I started praying/saying "Jesus, help me to come to know You and want to do your will." But it's like the real reason I do anything and everything is selfish. My selfish grip on myself cannot be released.

Another problem is layers of fantasy and imagination blocking the way between me and the real Jesus. I apparently want a Jesus that I can generate in my mind and manipulate, rather than letting the real Jesus control me. I try to "submit" to a fantasy Jesus in my mind. These layers of imagination and fantasy cannot be stripped away.

So, even when I pray to try to get saved, in my heart of hearts, I am clinging to self at all costs. It's like, the bottom line for me is: everything for self.

One can accomplish things and solve some problems, all with self on the throne. One can acquire knowledge and use it for one's own selfish purposes. ("Knowledge is power.") Apparently, I try to use knowledge of God and the gospel for my own selfish purposes. The problem of the separation between man and God is the one problem that cannot be solved with self still on the throne.

If all my "turnings to Christ" are fake because in my heart of hearts, I still do everything for self, then salvation remains out of reach.

Salvation is a gift ... you can't earn it so stop trying to.

When one receives Jesus as their Lord and savior .... the Holy Sprit begins working in their life .... commonly called sanctification. The working of the Holy Spirt is continuous through-out one's lifetime on earth.

We DO and will mess up here and there ... however we are not condemned ... we are saved and thereby are sensitive to the Holy Spirt working in us.

Is your thinking being changed? Even if it is being done slowly? Little by little.

Philippians 3:14

King James Version
I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Pray continuously and ask Him to help you overcome .... and He will ... but keep in mind that could also very well be (His completion in you) of the entire course of your life-time with some things.

Philippians 1:6

New Living Translation
And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.

If you are feeling condemned that's the evil one placing doubt in you.

Ephesians 1:13
In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,

Believe it!!!!! and be open to change.

Upvote 0

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,365.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's good that you are seeing this truth and learning. It's work of the word of God and His Spirit. It's a teaching that there is nothing to boast about us and reveals our need to abide in Jesus, continuously. Never cease to thank and praise God. Doing so will bring a lot of change to your faith and relationship with God.

Upvote 0

TzephanYahu

Sep 9, 2018
Dorset
✟96,000.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Shalom @Bob8102

Perhaps the barriers you perceive between you and the Lord are the very things you need to deal with first.

If you feel everything you do is selfish as if you think the reason you're coming to Messiah is selfish, then stop in your tracks and try to figure this out first.

You ought to first have the fear of Yahweh and the utmost genuine respect for His Word. Then you will naturally find the right way, using this as a basis for all things.

Until that time, careful not to treat Him or His Son too lightly and like a genie, if you know what I mean. He is THE Creator and He watches your ways intently. He knows you more than you know yourself.

Have faith in His Word in absoluteness and eith the highest respect and pay less attention to man made teachings.

Love & Shalom

Upvote 0