✟29,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
THE LOST DOCTRINE OF HELL

Never thought I’d see the day when the western church would abandon the doctrine of hell. But it appears the ecumenical spirit of this world is gaining a strong foothold when it comes to preaching the consequences of choosing one’s sin over the free gift of life in Christ Jesus. How subtle is “the great falling away” when it masquerades itself as a false righteousness?

This is a false spirit that will often portray bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter: “We need to be positive not negative'', “It’s God’s to judge”, '' tolerance”, '' “unity”, “diversity”, “love not hate”, etc.. Statements like these are often used to masquerade the subtle removal of the doctrine of hell. And for those blinded by this spirit they will never question these teachers for fear they might be branded as “judgmental”, but for those who have been forgiven much, the truth of what Christ died for is worth far more than the persecution that accompanies standing up for that truth. A truth that Jesus must have thought was rather important since He describes this “negative” place throughout the gospels with several direct references, parables, and analogies.

Yes, Jesus mentions hell quite often. So does this mean Jesus preached “negativity”? YES, and for good reason! Hell is negative! The most negative outcome of a single choice throughout eternity! When God offered His Son as a sacrifice for the sins of the world He did so according to His love, a love that also includes our free will. A single consequential choice by every human being that reverberates throughout eternity. A choice between two options with no strings attached.

God has placed on the table a free gift for every human being. A free gift of life that requires no effort whatsoever by the individual, only a choice. Will they choose life or death? One would think this would be a no-brainer, but because of man’s love for sin most will reject putting their faith in Christ (God’s salvation) because their sin is more precious to them than the truth. What do I mean by this? God will not be mocked, there is no sin IN CHRIST, and there is no way to pack it up in a suitcase and take it with you. When a person puts their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ they do so forsaking the very thing that Christ died for… OUR SINS. They come to Him with open arms knowing that He is the only way unto life! If their sin is more precious to them than eternal life they will not choose Christ. The very reason there will be no innocence in hell, because they knowingly made that choice.

When the Holy Spirit was poured out on all flesh at Pentecost He came with a relentless tenacity to convict every individual of this choice. He convicts the world of sin because of their unbelief in Christ, so THEY ARE WITHOUT EXCUSE! And believe me I’ve heard a plethora of excuses as to why people reject Christ, but inside they are not fooling anyone because God’s Spirit continually knocks on the door of their heart; and the more they reject Him, the harder their heart becomes!

John 16:8-9
And when He has come, HE WILL CONVICT THE WORLD OF SIN, and of righteousness, and of judgment: OF SIN, BECAUSE THEY DO NOT BELIEVE IN ME;

Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.

So yes, there is a consequence for rejecting the free gift of life in Christ Jesus, and that CHOICE is called HELL. This is not a "peaceful place of slumber", or a "fictional place" as some have reported, but an extreme negative place where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, and the worm never dies! A destination by no means that could ever touch those who CHOOSE LIFE, but only those who CHOOSE THE PENALTY OF SIN OVER THE ONE WHO TOOK THAT PENALTY! So let us not be deceived! We are not of those who keep this awful place a secret, but of those who LOVE and CARE enough to tell the TRUTH! “His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with UNQUENCHABLE FIRE.”-Matt 3:12

So let us not be poisoned by the lies of our enemy that somehow God has changed into an ecumenical God. He is righteous and Holy and never changes! God gave His Son as a sacrifice for our sins! So by faith in Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins!! But for those who continually reject God's peace offering unto death? They will surely die in their sins!

John 8:24
Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”

John 3:36
He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the WRATH of God abides on him.”

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Acts 16:31
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved

Grace and Peace….

Last edited:

eleos1954

God is Love
Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟713,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
THE LOST DOCTRINE OF HELL

Never thought I’d see the day when the western church would abandon the doctrine of hell. But it appears the ecumenical spirit of this world is gaining a strong foothold when it comes to preaching the consequences of choosing one’s sin over the free gift of life in Christ Jesus. How subtle is “the great falling away” when it masquerades itself as a false righteousness?

This is a false spirit that will often portray bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter: “We need to be positive not negative'', “It’s God’s to judge”, '' tolerance”, '' “unity”, “diversity”, “love not hate”, etc.. Statements like these are often used to masquerade the subtle removal of the doctrine of hell. And for those blinded by this spirit they will never question these teachers for fear they might be branded as “judgmental”, but for those who have been forgiven much, the truth of what Christ died for is worth far more than the persecution that accompanies standing up for that truth. A truth that Jesus must have thought was rather important since He describes this “negative” place throughout the gospels with several direct references, parables, and analogies.

Yes, Jesus mentions hell quite often. So does this mean Jesus preached “negativity”? YES, and for good reason! Hell is negative! The most negative outcome of a single choice throughout eternity! When God offered His Son as a sacrifice for the sins of the world He did so according to His love, a love that also includes our free will. A single consequential choice by every human being that reverberates throughout eternity. A choice between two options with no strings attached.

God has placed on the table a free gift for every human being. A free gift of life that requires no effort whatsoever by the individual, only a choice. Will they choose life or death? One would think this would be a no-brainer, but because of man’s love for sin most will reject putting their faith in Christ (God’s salvation) because their sin is more precious to them than the truth. What do I mean by this? God will not be mocked, there is no sin IN CHRIST, and there is no way to pack it up in a suitcase and take it with you. When a person puts their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ they do so forsaking the very thing that Christ died for… OUR SINS. They come to Him with open arms knowing that He is the only way unto life! If their sin is more precious to them than eternal life they will not choose Christ. The very reason there will be no innocence in hell, because they knowingly made that choice.

When the Holy Spirit was poured out on all flesh at Pentecost He came with a relentless tenacity to convict every individual of this choice. He convicts the world of sin because of their unbelief in Christ, so THEY ARE WITHOUT EXCUSE! And believe me I’ve heard a plethora of excuses as to why people reject Christ, but inside they are not fooling anyone because God’s Spirit continually knocks on the door of their heart; and the more they reject Him, the harder their heart becomes!

John 16:8-9
And when He has come, HE WILL CONVICT THE WORLD OF SIN, and of righteousness, and of judgment: OF SIN, BECAUSE THEY DO NOT BELIEVE IN ME;

Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.

So yes, there is a consequence for rejecting the free gift of life in Christ Jesus, and that CHOICE is called HELL. This is not a "peaceful place of slumber", or a "fictional place" as some have reported, but an extreme negative place where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, and the worm never dies! A destination by no means that could ever touch those who CHOOSE LIFE, but only those who CHOOSE THE PENALTY OF SIN OVER THE ONE WHO TOOK THAT PENALTY! So let us not be deceived! We are not of those who keep this awful place a secret, but of those who LOVE and CARE enough to tell the TRUTH! “His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with UNQUENCHABLE FIRE.”-Matt 3:12

So let us not be poisoned by the lies of our enemy that somehow God has changed into an ecumenical God. He is righteous and Holy and never changes! God gave His Son as a sacrifice for our sins! So by faith in Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins!! But for those who continually reject God's peace offering unto death? They will surely die in their sins!

John 8:24
Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”

John 3:36
He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the WRATH of God abides on him.”

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Acts 16:31
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved

Grace and Peace….

Hell is the grave ... and there's nothing going on there.

We are not immortal ... only God is.

16He alone is immortal and dwells in unapproachable light. No one has ever seen Him, nor can anyone see Him. To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen.

Upvote 0

Skidder

Nov 14, 2019
East
✟29,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟147,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe at this time, there is a gulf as Christ taught in Luke 16. One side has the overcomers, the other side, the ones that did not. They've only been judged as to what side they are on. There has been no great white throne of judgement yet.

I also believe in a Lake of Fire, which will be at the end of the great white throne of judgement. After the books are opened, those that are not in the book of life will be thrown in. And then hell and death are altogether thrown in. This is the second death. No soul will be burning forever. If one believes that then they are contrary to Christ's teaching in Matthew 10:28. He says fear not who can kill our body and nothing else but fear the one (God, our Father) that can destroy both body and soul in hell. Again, the death of the soul is the second death.

When talking of other things such as the smoke of the torment rises forever and it will and no one will have rest because the only rest that will be found is in Christ.

But you're putting eternal life onto these people and that won't be the case.

Destroy in the Greek -622 appollumi -to destroy fully, die, lose, perish.

Even Satan will be turned to ash.

I believed in the doctrine of eternal hell at one point in time until I saw Christ's teaching and then in Revelation where both death and hell are destroyed.

The word hell itself can sometimes get lost in translation. It could be the garbage pit outside of Jerusalem or it can be grave, etc.

As for this thread, we are saved from the death of our souls, the second death.

Upvote 0