www.abbafather.co
✟16,459.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
1 Corinthians 6:2ff Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life? If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church. I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren? But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers

Many believers (Christians) promote that we as saints are not to judge the world. We know that Christ Jesus via the cross & resurrection manifested that He judged the world of sin and righteousness. This truth is evident. Amen. However, saints today are on this world as lights to the world and as Ambassadors of Christ (in His stead, so to speak); and as a result the Glorified Lord Christ revealed to Paul that we ARE to judge the world, sic, 1 Corinthians 6:2, which clearly points out the proper way in which saints are to judge in this world, seeing how we shall judge angels, we are equipped, therefore, to judge the world and fellow believers in matters weighing from small to large, especially regarding sound doctrines and grace and not following the Law for salvation. We are authorized by the Lord Christ Jesus to judge the world and to do so between brothers and sisters in the Lord; but to do so in a righteous and merciful manner.

Bible Truths @ www.abbafather.co/

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Doesn't it say just 3 verses before, in 1 Cor 5:12, that our judging should be inside the church, and not outside the church?

The passage, in context...

Sexual Immorality Defiles the Church (NKJV)

1Co 5:1  It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and such sexual immorality as is not even named among the Gentiles—that a man has his father's wife! 
1Co 5:2  And you are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he who has done this deed might be taken away from among you. 
1Co 5:3  For I indeed, as absent in body but present in spirit, have already judged (as though I were present) him who has so done this deed. 
1Co 5:4  In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when you are gathered together, along with my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 
1Co 5:5  deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus. 
1Co 5:6  Your glorying is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump? 
1Co 5:7  Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us. 
1Co 5:8  Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. 
1Co 5:9  I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. 
1Co 5:10  Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 
1Co 5:11  But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person. 
1Co 5:12  For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? 
1Co 5:13  But those who are outside God judges. Therefore "PUT AWAY FROM YOURSELVES THE EVIL PERSON." 

Many modern Christians today say... "We are not under the law."
I had a Sunday-School teacher at one time who made this statement and left it at that, without any further explanation.

This misunderstanding has led to antinomianism in the Church.
Sexual immorality by Church members is just one example.

We are not under the Sinai Covenant law and we must remember that no person ever gained salvation through keeping the Sinai Covenant.

Our salvation is through the New Covenant Blood of the Lamb.
(Matthew 26:28, testament=covenant, They are the same Greek word.)

However, our rule of conduct is to be the Law of Christ.

Joh 15:10  If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.

We find two sets of commandments in the verse above.

We are to keep the commandments of Christ.

Mat 22:37  Jesus said to him, 'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.' 

Mat 22:38  This is the first and great commandment. 

Mat 22:39  And the second is like it: 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' 

Mat 22:40  On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." 

1Jn 3:22  And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 
1Jn 3:23  And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment. 
1Jn 3:24  Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. 

If Christ showed up at your church wearing old clothes and having a scruffy beard, would He be welcomed with loving arms or would He be ignored?

Last edited:
Upvote 0