The United part
✟15,817.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, everyone. Today I'll be trying to demonstrate with scripture that quite frankly God never wanted sacrifices but rather an obedient child. Quite the interesting subject so please read if you're interested. I'll be going through Psalm 50, and parts of Psalm 51 and 69, 1 Samuel, Isaiah 1, Jeremiah 7, Hosea 6 and 8.

Psalm 50:

I do not reprove you for your sacrifices, And your burnt offerings are continually before Me. I shall take no young bull out of your house
Nor male goats out of your folds."

God has no problem with sacrifices. However clearly God has no problem with people not doing sacrifices either. So God is evoking that sacrifices are secondary to something else.

For every beast of the forest is Mine, The cattle on a thousand hills. I know every bird of the mountains, And everything that moves in the field is Mine. If I were hungry I would not tell you, For the world is Mine, and all it contains. Shall I eat the flesh of bulls Or drink the blood of male goats?"

God does not need sacrifices. He isn't a being that is reliant on food or drink. Being an infinite being that transcends space-time does have it's affects of not needing to eat. God says that everything in the world is his. He God was hungry he still wouldn't need sacrifices due to everything being his. He could simply just take the flesh of bulls or the blood of male goats if he desired.

Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving And pay your vows to the Most High; Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I shall rescue you, and you will honor Me.”

God desires a sacrifice of spiritual matters and not carnal ones. A sacrifice of the heart rather than of the flesh. The Day of the Lord in Joel 2 when all followers of the Lord were given the spirit had not occurred so the Lord needed things to keep his children's eye's fixed.

“Now consider this, you who forget God, Or I will tear you in pieces, and there will be none to deliver. He who offers a sacrifice of thanksgiving honors Me; And to him who orders his way aright I shall show the salvation of God."

It is obedience to the Lord which is a true sacrifice and not the slaying of an animal. They're designed to make someone turn back the God and to remind them of their true master.

Psalm 51:14-17 (this is about David's adultery with Bathsheba and the murder of her husband).

"Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, the God of my salvation; Then my tongue will joyfully sing of Your righteousness. O Lord, open my lips, That my mouth may declare Your praise. For You do not delight in sacrifice, otherwise I would give it; You are not pleased with burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; A broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise."

God wants honesty from the inside not the outside. He wants a broken spirit, broken upon his love and his way not some outward expression shown at the temple. Like the hypocrites in Matthew 6 who pray publicly for all to see, if a commandment isn't done for the Lord then it's offence to him.

Psalm 69:30-31

"I will praise the name of God with song And magnify Him with thanksgiving. And it will please the Lord better than an ox Or a young bull with horns and hoofs."

It's being a follower of God than is a true sacrifice not an ox or bull. Worshiping the lord and giving him thanksgiving is greater than the blood than comes from an animal. Isn't that interesting that a song gives more thanksgiving than what we would typically consider as the highest form of worship in the Old Testament?

1 Samuel 15:22

"Has the Lord as much delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices As in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, And to heed than the fat of rams."

This part of Samuel is when Saul is denounced as King of God's people. Sacrifice as always lesser than obeying God.

Isaiah 1:11-13

“What are your multiplied sacrifices to Me? Says the Lord. I have had enough of burnt offerings of rams And the fat of fed cattle; And I take no pleasure in the blood of bulls, lambs or goats. When you come to appear before Me, Who requires of you this trampling of My courts? Bring your worthless offerings no longer, Incense is an abomination to Me. New moon and sabbath, the calling of assemblies— I cannot endure iniquity and the solemn assembly."

A wicked man giving a sacrifice is the same an an unrepentant sinner saying sorry. Both are abominations to God. If he won't change his heart than is actions are meaningless. Sacrifices by themselves will save no one. They never have and they never will. A sacrifice is the fleshly way of reminding you of who is the King of the Universe and to change you from wickedness but to righteousness. As the Prophet Ezekiel says in his 18th chapter, if a wicked man turns from his wickedness and being to practices righteousness than his past sins will be forgotten.

Jeremiah 7:22-23

"For I did not speak to your fathers, or command them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings and sacrifices. But this is what I commanded them, saying, Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and you will be My people; and you will walk in all the way which I command you, that it may be well with you."

Until the Golden calf was created by Aaron, Sacrifices were only optional. After the fact, sacrifices became mandatory and a way for the Israelites to keep their eyes and more importantly their hearts fixed on their Lord.

Hosea 6:6 and Hosea 8:14

"For I delight in loyalty rather than sacrifice, And in the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings"

"As for My sacrificial gifts, They sacrifice the flesh and eat it, But the Lord has taken no delight in them. Now He will remember their iniquity, And punish them for their sins; They will return to Egypt."

Repentance is what the lord wants. You'll be wasting your time if you give a gift to the lord but no change of character. Sacrifices are for nought if they change nothing about you. They are a waste of time and are offence. I breaking of a bond between you and God.

Thank you.