Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Everything that I do for someone else that is inconvenient to me.

Yes, I still have boundaries. But if I am only about preserving what is mine and never about also giving what I can, I will never be selfless enough to willingly lay down my own life for others if I need to.

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ok let's see. Well! On Christmas day, im going to be washing dishes for the homeless/underprivileged at some, charity like centre as there will be loads of food for them. I hate doing dishes when they are too many, so i thought i'd do that which i really hate for a change. It shouldn't be too bad though as i'll only be there for somethingl ike 4-5 hours. That's if there are no changes since there's the covid issue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How do Christians practice sacrifice and selflessness... What sort of practices do you do?

The honest answer is with great difficulty.
Giving what one can afford is very easy whether in terms of money or of time/self, it is the giving when it is costly that is hard.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Selflessness. I think of this word often. Could it be like humility?
One of the best examples would be a father or mother raising kids. If they are not rich, putting the kids and their growth first. They themselves are not the main people in their lives. And pastors often are putting everybody else first to serve them. You can’t be totally selfless except ‘meditators’. But you sure don’t need to be first.
Humility- don’t think more highly of yourself than you ought. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Humility is certainly the way and it pays. Submit to one another. Don’t be right all the time let others be right. We being many are members of one body.
Tithing is also very selfless- don’t be in love with money!

Upvote 0