• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Sacrifice and selflessness

Discussion in 'Exploring Christianity' started by Tellyontellyon, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Tellyontellyon

Tellyontellyon Active Member

+101
    United Kingdom
    Buddhist
    Married
    How do Christians practice sacrifice and selflessness... What sort of practices do you do?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+6,865
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    Everything that I do for someone else that is inconvenient to me.

Yes, I still have boundaries. But if I am only about preserving what is mine and never about also giving what I can, I will never be selfless enough to willingly lay down my own life for others if I need to.

3. splish- splash

splish- splash Finding peace in purpose! Be drenched! Supporter

+955
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    Ok let's see. Well! On Christmas day, im going to be washing dishes for the homeless/underprivileged at some, charity like centre as there will be loads of food for them. I hate doing dishes when they are too many, so i thought i'd do that which i really hate for a change. It shouldn't be too bad though as i'll only be there for somethingl ike 4-5 hours. That's if there are no changes since there's the covid issue.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  4. Tolworth John

Tolworth John Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,381
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married
    The honest answer is with great difficulty.
    Giving what one can afford is very easy whether in terms of money or of time/self, it is the giving when it is costly that is hard.

5. Unqualified

Unqualified Active Member

+148
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Selflessness. I think of this word often. Could it be like humility?
    One of the best examples would be a father or mother raising kids. If they are not rich, putting the kids and their growth first. They themselves are not the main people in their lives. And pastors often are putting everybody else first to serve them. You can’t be totally selfless except ‘meditators’. But you sure don’t need to be first.
    Humility- don’t think more highly of yourself than you ought. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Humility is certainly the way and it pays. Submit to one another. Don’t be right all the time let others be right. We being many are members of one body.
    Tithing is also very selfless- don’t be in love with money!