Marysville
✟16,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Hello all, When I studied the 7th day Sabbath one thing I investigated was *WHEN* was the Sabbath observed.
My reasoning was that if it started at Mt Sinai and ended at the cross you would see that reflected in a timeline. I did not find any such of an investigation so I made one.
Here is my study. Shalom

PDF --> https://drive.google.com/file/d/16sE7btIRvdj9l2x5uyZ08AAYC3XmRPRe/view?usp=sharing

YT vid of the PDF w/link below vid -->

• Winner
Reactions: BobRyan

guevaraj

an oil seller in the story of the ten virgins
Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
When I studied the 7th day Sabbath one thing I investigated was *WHEN* was the Sabbath observed.
Brother, happy Sabbath, which started this Friday November 25, 2022 at 9:35 am EST! It is important to understand in your timeline that Israel kept the weekday cycle from morning to morning with Manna for 40 years before transitioning to the Promised Land Sabbath from evening to evening since Joshua. The following image shows the cycle of the day that God incorporated into the tradition of Judaism during the 40 years in the desert with Manna without their current awareness that the Sabbath in Jerusalem is half a day before the seventh day of the week in Jerusalem. Not correcting the Sabbath tradition since Joshua is a weakness in our armor of faith that will lead to our "fall" if not corrected, as Paul tells us in the following passage.

So God’s rest is there for people to enter, but those who first heard this good news failed to enter because they disobeyed God. So God set another time for entering his rest, and that time is today. God announced this through David much later in the words already quoted: “Today when you hear his voice, don’t harden your hearts.” Now if Joshua had succeeded in giving them this rest, God would not have spoken about another day of rest still to come. So there is a special rest still waiting for the people of God. For all who have entered into God’s rest have rested from their labors, just as God did after creating the world. So let us do our best to enter that rest. But if we disobey God, as the people of Israel did, we will fall. (Hebrews 4:6-11 NLT)​

If we were to pause the spinning of the Earth to obtain the day of the week from the United States and Korea on a Friday morning in Jerusalem, we get a morning start for the day of the week in Jerusalem and not an evening start. I knew that God during the 40 years in the desert embedded the proper day cycle in the tradition of Judaism with Manna before Joshua shifted their point of view of the day of the week because of the Sabbath in Jerusalem. Once the Jews were spread throughout the globe, God's embedded cycle can be seen throughout the globe that the days begin in the morning and not in the evening as they had supposed due to the Sabbath in Jerusalem.

idl-png.323948

United in our hope for the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟380,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
The Sabbath was observed by God at creation.

Genesis 2:1-3 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

We know that man was created on the sixth day, which means man observed the Sabbath with God on the seventh day, on this earth. How do we know this? Jesus said the Sabbath was made for man, not only the Jews, and that He is lord of the Sabbath.

Mark 2:27-28 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

If the Sabbath was done away with at the cross, why did Jesus mention the Sabbath being observed when the great tribulation hits?

Matthew 24:20-21 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

The book of Revelation calls for people to worship God because His judgment is come, and points right back to the Creator and creation, when the first worship day was instituted and observed; on the seventh day.

Revelation 14:6-7 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

The Sabbath is a holy convocation, a sign, and a perpetual covenant for Israel.

Leviticus 23:3 Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the Lord in all your dwellings.
Exodus 31:13-16 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you. Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.

We are grafted into Israel. There is neither Jew nor Greek. We are Israel.

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Colossians 3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
Romans 11:22-23 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again.

Jesus observed the Sabbath, as was His custom. He spent His whole life setting an example in observing the Sabbath.

Luke 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

Jesus even observed the Sabbath in death, which is the ultimate example. He died Friday before Sabbath and rose after Sabbath.

The women who sought to prepare His body waited until after Sabbath, observing it.

Matthew 28:1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.
Mark 16:1-2 And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him. And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.

Surely the people who followed Jesus would know if the Sabbath was no longer binding and would've just prepared Him right then and there on Friday evening after the Sabbath had started, but they waited and observed the Sabbath.

The last book of Revelation points to the Ten Commandments, of which includes the seventh day Sabbath commandment. Jesus even makes it a point to encapsulate the statement with His authority.

Revelation 22:13-16 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
Exodus 20

3 You shall have no other gods before Me.

4-5 You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting[c] the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

13 You shall not murder.
14 You shall not commit adultery.
16 You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

It's clear that Jesus wants us to observe the Sabbath. He is Lord of the Sabbath. Why would Jesus declare Himself Lord of the Sabbath, observe it His whole life, and even observe it in death, only to have it abolished at the cross? The answer: The Sabbath was not done away with at the cross. The Sabbath is still God's holy day of worship, and is still binding to all of Israel, which now includes the Gentiles (us).

Upvote 0
Nov 5, 2022
Marysville
✟16,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Gen 2:1-3 says that God rested on the 7th day after He was finished creation. Nothing about resting with Adam weekly. If God continued to work 6 days and rested on the 7th day, Gen2:1-3 is false. Truth matters.
Respectfully you've made a fallacy of omission.

When we quote all FIVE parts of the weekly Sabbath this become much clearer and presuppositions get washed away.
1. It the seventh day – Not any of the other six <-- Gen 2:2
2. He rested on the seventh day – Ceased His labors <-- Gen 2:2
3. He blessed the seventh day – Not any of the other six <-- Gen 2:3
4. He sanctified it – Made it set apart / Holy <-- Gen 2:3
5. The other six days are commanded for labor / work <-- Gen 2:2 & Exod 20:9

YES truth does matter!
Shalom

Upvote 0
Nov 5, 2022
Marysville
✟16,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Another point that I've seen missed 100% of the time by Sabbath deniers is what Yeshua said in Mark 2:27-28. He directly references Day 7 and speaks as if its always existed.
"Jesus said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath. So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”
Son of Man” in Hebrew, ben-adam or in Aramaic bar-enosh means “human being”.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Another point that I've seen missed 100% of the time by Sabbath deniers is what Yeshua said in Mark 2:27-28. He directly references Day 7 and speaks as if its always existed.
"Jesus said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath. So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”
Yes, and?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello all, When I studied the 7th day Sabbath one thing I investigated was *WHEN* was the Sabbath observed.
My reasoning was that if it started at Mt Sinai and ended at the cross you would see that reflected in a timeline. I did not find any such of an investigation so I made one.
Here is my study. Shalom

PDF --> https://drive.google.com/file/d/16sE7btIRvdj9l2x5uyZ08AAYC3XmRPRe/view?usp=sharing

YT vid of the PDF w/link below vid -->
Very good list. From Creation to the New Earth - it is the same 7th day Sabbath.

Thank you for posting that.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Brother, happy Sabbath, which started this Friday November 25, 2022 at 9:35 am EST!
On this planet -- Sabbath starts at evening on Friday - as we see in Genesis 1.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Nov 5, 2022
Marysville
✟16,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
We don't live on a ball spinning in multiple axis and flying away from a big bang - "as we see in Genesis 1"
And yes...? Sabbath starts at erev Shabbat and ends at Motza'ei Shabbat. <--- what is your point / question?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
We don't live on a ball spinning in multiple axis and flying away from a big bang
spinning in multiple axis - ?

Do you mean orbiting the Sun as will as spinning on one axis?

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Respectfully you've made a fallacy of omission.

When we quote all FIVE parts of the weekly Sabbath this become much clearer and presuppositions get washed away.
1. It the seventh day – Not any of the other six <-- Gen 2:2
2. He rested on the seventh day – Ceased His labors <-- Gen 2:2
3. He blessed the seventh day – Not any of the other six <-- Gen 2:3
4. He sanctified it – Made it set apart / Holy <-- Gen 2:3
5. The other six days are commanded for labor / work <-- Gen 2:2 & Exod 20:9

YES truth does matter!
Shalom
Tell me if I misunderstood your thread objectives. You set out to chronologically post all sabbath texts from your study (true or false).
The PDF you presented as the #1 verse says:
Sabbath verses in Chronological order

Malachi 3:6 “For I, the Lord, do not change”

Year 4000 BC - Creation of God’s Blessed and Holy Sabbath day
Gen 2:2-3 God’s perfect design intent

Speaking about fallacy of omission, the content on the text is not articulated.
My singular goal is to converse on the understanding of the scriptures that you're posting as chronological Sabbath text.

It's obvious that your objective is shipwrecked by exegesis from sources outside the scriptures. You're not presenting what the scriptures say in Gen 2:1-3.

According to biblical chronological facts, Sabbath is a noun that is first used in Ex16:23.
In the initial introduction of the Sabbath, Moses told the Children of Israel "THE LORD HAS GIVEN YOU THE SABBATH (Ex16:29)

Truth hurts sometimes

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Truth matters. I'm not a Sabbath denier, I believe that God first gave the Sabbath to the Children of Israel (Ex16) not Gen 2:1-3.

Truth matters. In Mark 2:27-28 Jesus did not reference the 7th day of creation or that it always existed.

Truth matters In Mark 2:27=28 Jesus explained 1 fact to those making accusations. He answered that Sabbath was made for people to enjoy rest and not made to imprison man for not keeping it.

By your way of reasoning, Sabbath was made for God because He kept it first.

Truth is: God ended all His works and entered into HIs rest. (His throne in Heaven )
The place of God's rest was Blessed and made Holy at creation and therefore cannot ever be defiled. Scriptures show that people broke and defiled the rest given to them. God's rest and the Sabbath is not the same thing.
Scriptures say that Sabbath is a sign between God and the Children of Israel. (Thus was never creation instituted for mankind)

Truth matters

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Here is my study. Shalom

Did you study John 7:22, 23? Jesus pointed out that the works of circumcision was kept on the 8th day of a male child's birth, even if it falls on the Sabbath. Why? because Moses made it a commandment which was passed down from the fathers before him. This should reveal to you that Jesus and the bible chronologically proves that circumcision preempted the Sabbath.
Jhn 7:22Moses therefore gave unto you circumcision; (not because it is of Moses, but of the fathers;) and ye on the sabbath day circumcise a man.
Jhn 7:23If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?
Truth matters

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The Sabbath was observed by God at creation.
Gen 2 say that God rested (Sabath) not that He kept a day of rest (Sabbath)

We know that man was created on the sixth day, which means man observed the Sabbath with God on the seventh day, on this earth. How do we know this? Jesus said the Sabbath was made for man, not only the Jews, and that He is lord of the Sabbath.
According to the Sabbath commandment, a man must work 6 days and rest on the 7th. Did man work in creation? NO!!! . The devil's prophets want to add to God's word. There is no scripture that man rested with God. Sabbath was not made at creation.

If the Sabbath was done away with at the cross, why did Jesus mention the Sabbath being observed when the great tribulation hits?

Actually, Sabbath is a sign of the true rest you can find in Christ So, that's why the sign is said to be done away by the cross. Paul taught that those of the circumcision kept the Sabbath.

The book of Revelation calls for people to worship God because His judgment is come, and points right back to the Creator and creation, when the first worship day was instituted and observed; on the seventh day.

Last days texts are misunderstood by many. Christ chose Paul to teach all the doctrines of the church. He taught both Jews and Gentile that worship days are between a man and God., and no one should judge.

The Sabbath is a holy convocation, a sign, and a perpetual covenant for Israel.

Read Ex12, So was Passover, why don't you keep it?
We are grafted into Israel. There is neither Jew nor Greek. We are Israel.
No scripture says that, post it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
On this planet - 8pm on Tuesday in Nashville is 9pm on Wednesday in parts of Australia. That's more that's 24hrs. My point is: Time is relative to where you are on this planet.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Truth matters. I'm not a Sabbath denier, I believe that God first gave the Sabbath to the Children of Israel (Ex16) not Gen 2:1-3.

This is what the scripture says:

Exodus 20:10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God.

This is God speaking and He defined the seventh day as the Sabbath.

Genesis 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were finished. 2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

And if you look at the seventh day at creation compared to the seventh day Sabbath commandment, they are almost identical.

Exodus 20:8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

“Remember“ because it already happened and we can’t “keep” something if it was never given to us, which it was at Creation. Genesis 2:1-3

Truth matters. In Mark 2:27-28 Jesus did not reference the 7th day of creation or that it always existed.
Jesus referenced who the Sabbath was made for.

Mark 2:27 And He said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.

The word man here means “human beings”

Man was created on the sixth day Genesis 1:26 right before the first Sabbath Genesis 2:1-3 which was made for man and celebrated in the presence of God. No Jew or Gentile, just man.
Truth matters In Mark 2:27=28 Jesus explained 1 fact to those making accusations. He answered that Sabbath was made for people to enjoy rest and not made to imprison man for not keeping it.
Where does scripture say “ He answered that Sabbath was made for people to enjoy rest and not made to imprison man for not keeping it In Mark 2:27-28 if Truth matters?
By your way of reasoning, Sabbath was made for God because He kept it first.
God is our example to follow. God does not need rest, He rested not because He was tired but because He made the Sabbath for mankind and we were made in the image of God to follow Him and His example. The Sabbath is communion time with God and man on His holy day. It is a day to honor the Lord Isaiah 58:13 which He delights when we keep the Sabbath and blesses us. Isaiah 58:14
Truth is: God ended all His works and entered into HIs rest. (His throne in Heaven )
Where does scripture say this?
The place of God's rest was Blessed and made Holy at creation and therefore cannot ever be defiled. Scriptures show that people broke and defiled the rest given to them. God's rest and the Sabbath is not the same thing.
Scriptures say that Sabbath is a sign between God and the Children of Israel. (Thus was never creation instituted for mankind)
God said the Sabbath is a sign between God and His people. Ezekiel 20:12, Ezekiel 20:20 His people are not just Jews, God said there is no Jew or Gentile in His New Covenant promise, just those who are in Christ through faith. Gal 3:26-29 Hebrews 8:10 One God, one people and God’s people keep the Sabbath and all of the commandments of God. Revelation 14:12
Truth matters
Agreed. 1 John 2:3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

The Sabbath is a commandment of God personally written by God’s own finger Exodus 31:18, Exodus 32:16 that God placed together in a unit of Ten that no one can add or subtract from Deut 4:2, Proverbs 30:5-6. All of God’s commandments are righteous Psalms 119:172 and when we depend on our righteousness over God’s we are trusting in our works instead of our Heavenly Father Exodus 32:16. Our works do not save and we are sanctified by God’s Truth through His Word John 17:17 those who keep not His commandments- there is no Truth.

Revelation 14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. 15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.

The Sabbath continues to be the Lord’s day of worship for all eternity Isaiah 66:22-23 and God’s Ten Commandments are placed in the ark of the covenant in the Most Holy of God’s dwelling place under His mercy seat Revelation 11:19 God wrote with His own finger and is in God’s heavenly Temple . Psalms 40:8, Hebrews 8:10. This is Truth.

It’s really easy to convince ourselves that our will is God’s will, but Jesus warns us of this very thing at His Second Coming Matthew 7:21-23, God blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy- spending time with God on His holy day is not grevious - really how could a day of resting in Christ be “bondage” or grevious -if you love God and want to do His will. 1 John 5:3

Last edited:
Upvote 0