Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
YHWH calls all of his people to honor his Sabbath

(CLV) Isa 56:6
As for the sons of the foreigner The proselyte who has joined himself to Yahweh to minister to Him, And to love the Name of Yahweh, to become His servants, Everyone keeping the sabbath, from profaning it, And holding fast to My covenant,

(CLV) Isa 56:7
I will bring them also to My holy mountain And make them rejoice in My house of prayer; Their ascent offerings and their sacrifices They shall offer up for acceptance on My altar, For My house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples.

This is the passage that Yahshua is quoting when he's driving the money changers out of the Temple.

(CLV) Mt 21:13
And He is saying to them, "It is written, `My house a house of prayer shall be called,' yet you are making it a burglars' cave."

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

As for the sons of the foreigner The proselyte who has joined himself to Yahweh to minister to Him, And to love the Name of Yahweh, to become His servants, Everyone keeping the sabbath, from profaning it, And holding fast to My covenant,

I will bring them also to My holy mountain And make them rejoice in My house of prayer; Their ascent offerings and their sacrifices They shall offer up for acceptance on My altar, For My house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples.

This is the passage that Yahshua is quoting when he's driving the money changers out of the Temple.

And He is saying to them, "It is written, `My house a house of prayer shall be called,' yet you are making it a burglars' cave."
You're in for a tussle now. :)

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,107,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You're in for a tussle now.

As usual, I'm prepared.

Popcorn?

popcorn.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟724,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Also, interesting to note I think .... Isaiah 56 is referring to ALL people within the verses before referring to foreigners

6And the foreigners who join themselves to the LORD to minister to Him, to love the name of the LORD, and to be His servants—all who keep the Sabbath without profaning it and who hold fast to My covenant— 7I will bring them (including foreigners) to My holy mountain and make them joyful in My house of prayer. Their (all people) burnt offerings and sacrifices will be accepted on My altar, for My house will be called a house of prayer for all the nations.” (all people)

Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,107,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Also, interesting to note I think .... Isaiah 56 is referring to ALL people within the verses before referring to foreigners

6And the foreigners who join themselves to the LORD to minister to Him, to love the name of the LORD, and to be His servants—all who keep the Sabbath without profaning it and who hold fast to My covenant— 7I will bring them (including foreigners) to My holy mountain and make them joyful in My house of prayer. Their (all people) burnt offerings and sacrifices will be accepted on My altar, for My house will be called a house of prayer for all the nations.” (all people)

Indeed it is interesting. Isiah is speaking of a future time when all his servants will keep the Sabbath and hold to his covenant; and Yahshua quotes him while cleaning house.

How can this be ignored?

• Agree
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟100,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Indeed it is interesting. Isiah is speaking of a future time when all his servants will keep the Sabbath and hold to his covenant; and Yahshua quotes him while cleaning house.

How can this be ignored?
Don't get it twisted. Isa 56 is a prophecy by Isaiah during the Babylonian exile. It anticipated the gathering of 12 tribes to the land of Israel and the coming of Jesus Christ. Strangers was also invited to become proselytes.
At that time Israel was scattered all over the region. The prophet Isaiah was similar to John the Baptiste, he was preparing Israel for the coming of the Messiah.

Blessings for All Nations
Isa 56:1
This is what the LORD says:
“Be just and fair to all.
Do what is right and good,
for I am coming soon to rescue you
and to display my righteousness among you.

Isa 56:2
Blessed are all those
who are careful to do this.
Blessed are those who honor my Sabbath days of rest
and keep themselves from doing wrong.
Isa 56:3
“Don’t let foreigners who commit themselves to the LORD say,
‘The LORD will never let me be part of his people.’
And don’t let the eunuchs say,
‘I’m a dried-up tree with no children and no future.’

Isa 56:4 For this is what the LORD says:
I will bless those eunuchs
who keep my Sabbath days holy
and who choose to do what pleases me
and commit their lives to me.
Isa 56:5
I will give them—within the walls of my house—
a memorial and a name
far greater than sons and daughters could give.
For the name I give them is an everlasting one.
It will never disappear!
Isa 56:6
“I will also bless the foreigners who commit themselves to the LORD,
who serve him and love his name,
who worship him and do not desecrate the Sabbath day of rest,
and who hold fast to my covenant.

Isa 56:7
I will bring them to my holy mountain of Jerusalem
and will fill them with joy in my house of prayer.
I will accept their burnt offerings and sacrifices,
because my Temple will be called a house of prayer for all nations.

Isa 56:8For the Sovereign LORD,
who brings back the outcasts of Israel, says:
I will bring others, too,
besides my people Israel.”

(This prophecy was fulfilled hundreds of years before Christ came.)
copyChkboxOff.gif
Isa 56:10

For the leaders of my people—
the LORD’s watchmen, his shepherds—
are blind and ignorant.
They are like silent watchdogs
that give no warning when danger comes.
They love to lie around, sleeping and dreaming.

The scope of verses 9-12 is about the scribes and pharisees being shepherd that would be blinded, ignorant and unable to prepare the people for the coming of the Lord.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,107,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Don't get it twisted.

(CLV) Isa 66:23
And it will come to be, as often as the new moon comes in its monthly time, And as often as the sabbath comes in its sabbath cycle, All flesh shall come to worship before Me, says Yahweh.

When did this happen?

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟100,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
(CLV) Isa 66:23
And it will come to be, as often as the new moon comes in its monthly time, And as often as the sabbath comes in its sabbath cycle, All flesh shall come to worship before Me, says Yahweh.

When did this happen?
This is a different prophecy that falls in the last days after Christ came. As you know, it's an argument to be had, whether it's talking about monthly and weekly worship in the last days or just Sabbath keeping in the New Earth. Those who argue that it's Sabbathkeeping in heaven, don't include from one new moon to another in their argument.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,107,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
This another prophecy that falls in these last days after Christ came. As you know, it's an argument to be had, whether it's talking about monthly and weekly worship in the last days or just Sabbath keeping in the New Earth.

I'm not familiar with any such argument. YHWH has his 7th day Sabbath, and he has his monthly New Moons, he also has his Moedim. The Moedim are timed by the New Moons; and the Moedim will be honored in the Kingdom to come. YHWH did, after all, say that his Moedim are to be honored forever.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟921,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Interesting point - thank you for posting that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,107,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
This is a different prophecy

Just 10 verses down, and the claim is made that this is a different prophecy?

That's a tall claim indeed. I look forward to seeing the proof.

• Agree
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟100,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Just 10 verses down, and the claim is made that this is a different prophecy?

That's a tall claim indeed. I look forward to seeing the proof.
People who often quote prophecies tend not to take responsibility to explain them.
Hopefully you mean 10 chapters down, not 10 verses down.
My claim is; Isa 56 is a prophecy during the Babylonian captivity about their coming restoration.
Isa 56:7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

It should be common knowledge that burnt offerings and sacrifices are commanded in the law, and therefore was required in the Old Covenant. Burnt offering and sacrifices are not required under the New Covenant. (Expecting you to ignore these critical facts in your response)

• Winner
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,107,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
People who often quote prophecies tend not to take responsibility to explain them.
Hopefully you mean 10 chapters down, not 10 verses down.
My claim is; Isa 56 is a prophecy during the Babylonian captivity about their coming restoration.
Isa 56:7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

So in that restoration; YHWH's house became a house of prayer for all people?

Do you have any scripture to support this?

(CLV) Zch 14:16
And it will come to be that everyone left of all the nations coming against Jerusalem, they will also go up, as often as year by year, to worship the King, Yahweh of hosts, and to celebrate »the festival of booths.

(CLV) Zch 14:17
And it will come, whoever shall not go up from the families of the earth, to Jerusalem to worship the King, Yahweh of hosts, then the downpour shall not come on them.

(CLV) Zch 14:18
And if a family of Egypt shall not go up, and will not come, then it will not be on them; there shall come the stroke with which Yahweh shall strike the nations which will not go up to celebrate »the festival of booths.

(CLV) Zch 14:19
This shall be the sin of Egypt, and the sin of all the nations which will not go up to celebrate the festival of booths.

(CLV) Zch 14:20
In that day there shall be on the horse shades: Holy to Yahweh. And the pots in the house of Yahweh will be like the sprinkling bowls before the altar.

(CLV) Zch 14:21
And every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah will come to be holy to Yahweh of hosts. And all who are sacrificing will come and take of them and cook in them. And not longer shall there be a trafficker in the house of Yahweh of hosts, in that day.

When did this happen?

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟100,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So in that restoration; YHWH's house became a house of prayer for all people?

Do you have any scripture to support this?

(CLV) Zch 14:16
And it will come to be that everyone left of all the nations coming against Jerusalem, they will also go up, as often as year by year, to worship the King, Yahweh of hosts, and to celebrate »the festival of booths.

(CLV) Zch 14:17
And it will come, whoever shall not go up from the families of the earth, to Jerusalem to worship the King, Yahweh of hosts, then the downpour shall not come on them.

(CLV) Zch 14:18
And if a family of Egypt shall not go up, and will not come, then it will not be on them; there shall come the stroke with which Yahweh shall strike the nations which will not go up to celebrate »the festival of booths.

(CLV) Zch 14:19
This shall be the sin of Egypt, and the sin of all the nations which will not go up to celebrate the festival of booths.

(CLV) Zch 14:20
In that day there shall be on the horse shades: Holy to Yahweh. And the pots in the house of Yahweh will be like the sprinkling bowls before the altar.

(CLV) Zch 14:21
And every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah will come to be holy to Yahweh of hosts. And all who are sacrificing will come and take of them and cook in them. And not longer shall there be a trafficker in the house of Yahweh of hosts, in that day.

When did this happen?
Your turn to provide answers relating to; burnt offerings and sacrifices is acceptable to God under the New Covenant.

• Useful
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,107,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Your turn to provide answers relating to; burnt offerings and sacrifices is acceptable to God under the New Covenant.

I just gave you an example of one that is not only acceptable, but required. You have your answer. Your answers led to a dead end. Time to reevaluate your understanding.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟41,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
What is just as interesting with regard to this topic is that two chapters later, Ruach haMashiach
actually defines what is required to keep the Sabbath Holy.
Isaiah 58:
If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath,
From doing your pleasure on My holy day,
And call the Sabbath a delight,
The holy day of the Lord honorable,
And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways,
Nor finding your own pleasure,
Nor speaking your own words,

14 Then you shall delight yourself in the Lord;
And I will cause you to ride on the high hills of the earth,
And feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father.
The mouth of the Lord has spoken.

Most people who claim to keep the Sabbath also state that how they keep Sabbath
is personal. No one has a right to demand of another, how do you spend your day, short of
"doing no servile work".
This seems to flow logically from the challenge of "not doing your own ways,
nor finding your own pleasure, nor speaking your own words".

This suggests that the highest form of Sabbath keeping involves a day
of
deeply personal interaction with the Spirit of the Lord.
Does that seem to be asking too much?

• Agree
Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟921,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Indeed as you point out - the scope for the Sabbath in both OT and NT is for gentiles and Jews

in fact

even for all eternity after the cross in the New Earth "from Sabbath to Sabbath shall all mankind come before Me to worship" Is 66:23

• Agree
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟921,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What is just as interesting with regard to this topic is that two chapters later, Ruach haMashiach
actually defines what is required to keep the Sabbath Holy.
Isaiah 58:
If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath,
From doing your pleasure on My holy day,
And call the Sabbath a delight,
The holy day of the Lord honorable,
And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways,
Nor finding your own pleasure,
Nor speaking your own words,
Then you shall delight yourself in the Lord;
And I will cause you to ride on the high hills of the earth,
And feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father.
The mouth of the Lord has spoken.

Amen!

And also in Lev 23:1-3 it is a day "of holy convocation" as we also see in Isaiah 66:23 for all eternity after the cross in the New Earth "from Sabbath to Sabbath shall all mankind come before Me to worship"

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,107,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Indeed as you point out - the scope for the Sabbath in both OT and NT is for gentiles and Jews

in fact

even for all eternity after the cross in the New Earth "from Sabbath to Sabbath shall all mankind come before Me to worship" Is 66:23

Those pesky facts!

Why do so many Christians lose sight of this commandment?

This is an easy one, spend a day of rest with your loving father. What's so hard about that? I look forward to it.

They get out there and preach the really difficult ones, like loving your associate as yourself; but then they fall short on the fun stuff.

Go figure.

• Agree
Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0