Jan 20, 2005
✟30,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
how can people deny this is happening? both parties agree...burr (R) is also stating that the russians are actively trying to influence french and german elections...

The Kremlin paid an army of more than 1,000 people to create fake anti-Hillary Clinton news stories targeting key swing states, the leading Democrat on the committee looking into alleged Russian interference in the US election has said.

Senator Mark Warner, the Democrat ranking member, and chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee Republican Senator Richard Burr, appeared together at a press conference to give an update on the investigation ahead of the first witnesses appearing today.

link

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
wow...

what I find a bit ironic is how silent the GOP as a whole is on this issue.

I feel like there was more GOP "concern" at Obama being born in Kenya or being a secret Muslim than there is about the very legitimate possibility that Russia actively interfered with our election.

I guess the GOP is caught in a no win situation. If they accept the fact Russia influenced our election then what does that mean politically for the Trump administration and the country as a whole? We'd never redo our election and install Hillary. but on the other hand do we ignore what Russia has done and pretend it was no big deal?

So, it will be interesting to see the spin on this and how Fox News and other red media outlets obfuscate this issue.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Russia, like every major power, disseminates propaganda internationally. You find this somehow remarkable?

There is a difference between propaganda vs misinformation.

Regardless, you raise an interesting point. The US is certainly guilty of influencing other State's elections. So do we really have any moral high ground to complain about Russia influencing ours?

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
There is a difference between propaganda vs misinformation.

Regardless, you raise an interesting point. The US is certainly guilty of influence other State's elections. So do we really have any moral high ground to complain about Russia influencing ours?

Guilty? Are you implying that it's a crime? One doesn't "complain" about foreign influence over internal politics. That solves nothing. Its a question of what one does about it. Anyways, if foreign influence is such a concern, Israel has been doing that through AIPAC and the ADL for decades. Why haven't we started there?

• Agree
Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Guilty? Are you implying that it's a crime?

Not sure if you can commit a crime on the international level since there is no global law...

But it is fair to say that I am implying that it is wrong for an external power to influence important INTERNAL events of another State. That infringes on the entire notion of Sovereignty does it not?

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,035.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Let's all take a step back, sip on a margerita and honestly just be happy that Trump is president. If Clinton was president while all this was going on, the amount of complaining, uproar, war cries, and general unpleasantness from the GOP would, at least for me, be literally unbearable.

At least with Trump in charge, his supporters don't care.... even if some GOP supporters still do (and kudos to them).

Upvote 0

BubbaJack

Dec 24, 2016
Deep South
✟27,403.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
wow...

what I find a bit ironic is how silent the GOP as a whole is on this issue.

I feel like there was more GOP "concern" at Obama being born in Kenya or being a secret Muslim than there is about the very legitimate possibility that Russia actively interfered with our election.

I guess the GOP is caught in a no win situation. If they accept the fact Russia influenced our election then what does that mean politically for the Trump administration and the country as a whole? We'd never redo our election and install Hillary. but on the other hand do we ignore what Russia has done and pretend it was no big deal?

So, it will be interesting to see the spin on this and how Fox News and other red media outlets obfuscate this issue.

How did "Russia" interfere? What exactly was done?

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Let's all take a step back, sip on a margerita and honestly just be happy that Trump is president. If Clinton was president while all this was going on, the amount of complaining, uproar, war cries, and general unpleasantness from the GOP would, at least for me, be literally unbearable.

At least with Trump in charge, his supporters don't care.... even if some GOP supporters still do (and kudos to them).

one interesting thing that has happened is that GOP members have admitted that they have been "the opposition party" for the past 8 years and that they are going through "growing pains" as they "learn" how to become a governing party again.

Paul Ryan made that comment and another prominent republican made that comment on Morning Joe MSNBC the other day.

Kinda makes you think... GOP as party has done' nothing but complain and naysay, so much so that they have become professionals at it and can't seem to do much else...

Personally, I feel that GOP types really are happier when they aren't in charge. It is so much easier to talk big and nay say and criticize...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
With this line of questioning and tone I can infer you believe Russia did not interfere? Or, that in order to have a valid point I must provide smoking gun details showing "exactly" what was done otherwise Russia is innocent and we should just move on?

Or I'm a fool for being concerned based on actual Intel reports from the CIA and FBI?

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
how can people deny this is happening? both parties agree...burr (R) is also stating that the russians are actively trying to influence french and german elections...
And I'd bet real, folding money i could name at least two active here.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

Allegedly, Russia was behind the leaking of some internal emails that embarrassed the DNC. Of course, it doesn't matter whether it was Russia, China or Satan himself - the emails are what they are, and there is no reason to wish the American people to have been kept in the dark about them.

• Haha
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

LOL... But it's a global economy, so what if Russia hires internationally for jobs? Right..?

...Nationalism is naughty.
pointfinger.gif

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If Russia wanted to interfere they could have reminded the sheeple that Hillary sold them 20% of America's uranium and the Clintons benefitted from that personally. Not that the left cares about the rule of law, but treason and bribery do ruffle some feathers.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If Russia wanted to interfere they could have reminded the sheeple that Hillary sold them 20% of America's uranium and the Clintons benefitted from that personally. Not that the left cares about the rule of law, but treason and bribery do ruffle some feathers.

Except that's not true...

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Freedom of speech means people can say things that you don't like. Russia chose to help shine the light of truth on the secret dealings of the Democratic Party. The USA does the same thing in other nations

So...should Nixon have been impeached? Should his men have gone to jail? Weren't they just trying to 'shine a light'...?

Upvote 0