United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Russia pushes more ‘deep state’ hashtags

fter the success of the viral #ReleaseTheMemo campaign, Russian-influenced Twitter accounts are test-running other hashtags designed to stoke anger, particularly among supporters of President Donald Trump, against “deep state” forces, according to analysts at Hamilton 68, a website that tracks Russian-influenced Twitter accounts.....

The Hamilton 68 dashboard launched in August to track activity in a network of 600 Twitter accounts identified as being Russian-influenced. Some of those accounts are official Russian state propaganda, like RT or Sputnik; others are bots; and still others are independent voices consistently sympathetic to the Kremlin. While these 600 accounts represent just a fraction of Russian-influenced activity on Twitter, the idea is that they can provide insight into larger Kremlin efforts.

I read elsewhere that there are 61 million twitter accounts that are likely fake accounts used as bots.

• Informative
Reactions: Halbhh

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

fter the success of the viral #ReleaseTheMemo campaign, Russian-influenced Twitter accounts are test-running other hashtags designed to stoke anger, particularly among supporters of President Donald Trump, against “deep state” forces, according to analysts at Hamilton 68, a website that tracks Russian-influenced Twitter accounts.....

The Hamilton 68 dashboard launched in August to track activity in a network of 600 Twitter accounts identified as being Russian-influenced. Some of those accounts are official Russian state propaganda, like RT or Sputnik; others are bots; and still others are independent voices consistently sympathetic to the Kremlin. While these 600 accounts represent just a fraction of Russian-influenced activity on Twitter, the idea is that they can provide insight into larger Kremlin efforts.

I read elsewhere that there are 61 million twitter accounts that are likely fake accounts used as bots.

Ever taken the test to see if you're a Russian account? Botometer by OSoMe

I'm sadly, only 35% Russian Bot, so I'm only a cyborg, I guess.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ever taken the test to see if you're a Russian account? Botometer by OSoMe

I'm sadly, only 35% Russian Bot, so I'm only a cyborg, I guess.
Keep trying, Comrade. Only true news is loyal, patriotic media like Russia Today and trusty journalists of repute like Propaganda Minister Hannitovski. You can do this glorious sacrifice, Comrade! As African Power guy used to say back in Cold War, “Keep the faith,baby!”

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Keep trying, Comrade. Only true news is loyal, patriotic media like Russia Today and trusty journalists of repute like Propaganda Minister Hannitovski. You can do this glorious sacrifice, Comrade! As African Power guy used to say back in Cold War, “Keep the faith,baby!”

I know a pagan minarchist on twitter that got 100%.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Haha
Reactions: TerranceL
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
#I can write in complete sentences so I don’t Tweet.

I rarely tweet. I mostly use it for issues with companies. You get a faster response than an email.

Oddly enough, I find your having a relationship with such a person unsurprising.

:whistle:I try to be nice to everyone. Although I often fail.

Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
#I can write in complete sentences so I don’t Tweet.

Sometimes my complete sentences are rather incompletely edited. To top it off, then my spell checker got turned off somehow for a few weeks, and that made for even more typos than usual.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Divide and conquer -- one of the oldest and one of the most effective strategies.

Though I hate to see Putin subverting America, I also know America and the world are all only temporary.

Hopefully though, we can gradually develop more immunity as a nation to paranoid style misinformation. Or is that too optimistic?

One way or another though, Christ's remaining not-yet arrived prophecies in Matthew 24, Luke 21, they are going to happen, and perhaps this is all part of setting the stage I think at times. How could the world descend into all that chaos -- well, many ways perhaps, but it does seem one part could be to first undo the pax Americana. If America is helping maintain a degree of (partial but significant) world peace, and this general peace must end when the time comes, then it has to end some way or another.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:whistle:I try to be nice to everyone. Although I often fail.
Must......not........keyboard......... TOS..........

(Whew)

Bad day to stop anxiolytics cold turkey.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
See? Even now, I'm helping you mature. Isn't that nice of me? :sput:
636033333570736324387338342_6360333313071568141208049188_tumblr_inline_o8itysBJRc1twgszy_500.gif

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Considering this:

Russians successfully hacked into U.S. voter systems, says official

I think the topic is worth more than off topic banter.
All the money Putin spent helping Trump get elected is paying off very well. For two recent examples:

President of USA is attacking FBI. This will reduce Americans trust in FBI, and make it harder for the FBI to do the work of stopping foreign attacks on USA.

President of USA releases classified information for political purposes. This will make American allies stop and think before sharing sensitive information with the USA, and make it harder to stop foreign attacks on USA.

Putin caused major damage to the USA, without firing one bullet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, it's the same thing we knew before. Every country does this, we do this. We need to beef up our security, but I am not interested in reigniting the cold war because the Democrats need a scapegoat for losing to an overweight reality tv star.
Come on, Rion. What's the problem with a little proxy war among friends?

• Haha
Reactions: Rion
Upvote 0