Rule 3 Amendment: No links or email addresses in signatures

Erwin

May 13, 2015
✟216,037.00
This is just notice to all members - Forum Rule 3 has been amended to disallow any links or email addresses in sigs. This rule is retrospective.

[nospam]

Staff will be editing signatures of members that contain links or email addresses to remove these. Please amend your signature as soon as you can, or staff will do it for you.

Links and email addresses may be placed in your Profile or CF homepage, just not in your signature.

Thanks.

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hewitt

God's little drummer boy
Apr 20, 2002
Dallas, TX
Visit site
✟3,046.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
WitchBaby said:
*repeats previous question* :D
It prevents people from joining the site and posting for the shear purpose of promoting their website. People spam like this all the time and it's a pain. The Christian Forums are here for Christians to fellowship and come together, not advertise. Granted, not everyone that posted a link was not doing so for the sole reason of gaining more traffic to their site, but a rule has to be made. If Erwin makes exceptions, he loses control. This is the best solution for everyone. :)

Upvote 0

WitchBaby

Faerie
Jun 30, 2003
I give up, where?
✟1,068.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I'd understand that reasoning of not letting links beening posted if the person was indeed spamming the site with "EvErYonEE gOO to My SITE!!!!111one" but I've yet to see that. It's just a link in a profile. *shrugs* Not a big deal. Blahblahblah this board almost has as many pointless rules as school. Hah. *walks off*

Upvote 0

Erwin

May 13, 2015
✟216,037.00
WitchBaby said:
I'd understand that reasoning of not letting links beening posted if the person was indeed spamming the site with "EvErYonEE gOO to My SITE!!!!111one" but I've yet to see that. It's just a link in a profile. *shrugs* Not a big deal. Blahblahblah this board almost has as many pointless rules as school. Hah. *walks off*
Notice that you can still put links in your profile or CF homepage. Just not in your sig. :)

Reactions: Dawn Marie
Upvote 0

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
Pseud said:
I think it's a fair enough rule. It's far too difficult to check all the links in everyone's signature for something inappropiate. But it's something that needs to be regulated. This is the best way.
Blessings,

I totally agree.

Everybody can have a website link button that shows up with every post, we can put url addresses in the interest and biography section and when one gets 1000 blessings we can have a free CF page and place links if we like with arrows that blink in neon "click HERE" ^_^ . I mean if one really wants to get creative, record an auto file telling everrrrrrrrybody about your cool website :D

~ShekinahMoon~

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BigToe

You are my itchy sweater.
Jun 24, 2003
Sudzo's Purple Palace of Snuggles
Visit site
✟35,932.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
why didnt someone just pm me and ask me to remove that portion of my sig instead of the entire thing? or why didnt that mod just remove the link part?

i dont understand why my entire sig had to be deleted?

Upvote 0

Erwin

May 13, 2015
✟216,037.00
Blanton911 said:
why didnt someone just pm me and ask me to remove that portion of my sig instead of the entire thing? or why didnt that mod just remove the link part?

i dont understand why my entire sig had to be deleted?
You're right - that is inappropriate. I will make sure mods don't do this next time. All they need to do is remove the link. My apologies on behalf of whoever did it.

I've blessed you as compensation...

Upvote 0