Rudy Giuliani slapped by worker angry over abortion ruling at Staten Island supermarket

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
It appears it may have been slightly harder than a buddy slap. The level of "violence" is debatable, but it was certainly not friendly and it was assault and battery. You can't go around touching people you disagree with or don't know without their consent and not risk getting charged with something.

That dude was dumb to do it.

Make no mistake, though. Giuliani is playing it up like a champ:

https://theweek.com/rudy-giuliani/1...for-slapping-him-on-the-back-at-staten-island

(emphasis mine)

"I feel this tremendous pain in my back, and I'm thinking, what the — I didn't even know what it was," Giuliani told the Post. He later called in to Curtis Sliwa's talk radio show and said the slap felt like "somebody shot me," adding, "Luckily, I"m a 78-year-old who is in pretty good shape. Because if I wasn't, I would have hit the ground and probably cracked my skull." The Post published surveillance footage of the incident.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
No and I think he also called him a scumbag but none of that makes this a ‘violent’ attack.

I don't usually touch someone and call them names. But I'm sensible. That's why he's on camera and we're not.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't usually touch someone and call them names. But I'm sensible. That's why he's on camera and we're not.
That’s why I only call people names behind their backs!

I’m a nice guy like that. ;)

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It appears it may have been slightly harder than a buddy slap. The level of "violence" is debatable, but it was certainly not friendly and it was assault and battery. You can't go around touching people you disagree with or don't know without their consent and not risk getting charged with something.

That dude was dumb to do it.

Make no mistake, though. Giuliani is playing it up like a champ:

https://theweek.com/rudy-giuliani/1...for-slapping-him-on-the-back-at-staten-island

(emphasis mine)

"I feel this tremendous pain in my back, and I'm thinking, what the — I didn't even know what it was," Giuliani told the Post. He later called in to Curtis Sliwa's talk radio show and said the slap felt like "somebody shot me," adding, "Luckily, I"m a 78-year-old who is in pretty good shape. Because if I wasn't, I would have hit the ground and probably cracked my skull." The Post published surveillance footage of the incident.

This is at least as ridiculous as that time a reporter claimed that Cory Lewandowski assaulted her when he just shoved his way by her in a crowd.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,680.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Because there’s video of the incident and it was clearly a light pat on the back.

If you study the video; you can see Giuliani compensating from the blow.

Look at his left shoulder. It looks like it ballooning up from the air in his jacket.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,075.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If you study the video; you can see Giuliani compensating from the blow.
If one has to "study" a video that hard to find any hint of a slight towards the guy, how serious can this actually be? Seem like yet another bit of manufactured outrage from the right-wing outrage machine. It would be amusing if it didn't seem to work so well on the marks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,680.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
If one has to "study" a video that hard to find any hint of a slight towards the guy, how serious can this actually be? Seem like yet another bit of manufactured outrage from the right-wing outrage machine. It would be amusing if it didn't seem to work so well on the marks.
It's assault, plain and simple.

Upvote 0