Royal line of David?

Charlesinflorida

Jan 2, 2004
Florida, US
Visit site
✟753.00
Faith
Messianic
Sonship throughout the bible is through eletion or adoption, and not through ethnicity. Even Josephes sons were adopted by Jacob making Josephs sons "Ephaim and Menasseh" same as brothers in regards to rights and inheritance. Yeshua grew up in a home that was in the Blood line of David. Joseph would have "adopted " Yeshua to raise as his own son.

If you have Faith in Messiah, you are part of Israel, even if you are a gentile. If this were not true, then you would not receive the filling of the Holy Spirit. This is proof of your inclusion in the covenant and promises AND responsibilities of Gods covenant people.

CIF

Upvote 0

Hix

Zionist Jew
Dec 29, 2003
✟17,284.00
Faith
Judaism
Politics
UK-Conservative
Let us remember it is TRIBAL descent which passes through the father, so therefor tribal descent cannot be passed through via adoption. Also lets remember that Joseph's geneology was under Jeconiah who G-d promised never to have him or his descendants sit on the throne of Israel ever again, he would not use that line from King David in other words. There was a good reason that Joseph was not Yeshua's father and passed on such things.

Shalom and G-d bless
~Hix~

Upvote 0

Hix

Zionist Jew
Dec 29, 2003
✟17,284.00
Faith
Judaism
Politics
UK-Conservative
From what I know Jeconiah was eventually forgiven by G-d and blessed but I dont remember if the curse was ever removed. In those days it was traditional for those in ill favor with G-d to be renamed with shorter names, Jeconiah was renamed several times to much shorter names as he was very evil. However he eventually repented and our wonderous mercifull G-d forgave him and he had his name lengthened again. Anyway thanks for the links achoti, il be sure to check them out!

And no smart remarks about why my CF name is so short lol ;)
Shalom and G-d bless
~Hix~

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
Hix said:
Shalom and G-d bless
~Hix~
Short?? What short?? who short??

/me gently nudges Hix and reminds him he is supposed to be trying to break the habit of the Napolean itch!!

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
Hix said:
Shalom and G-d bless
~Hix~
Short?? What short?? who short??

/me gently nudges Hix and reminds him he is supposed to be trying to break the habit of the Napolean itch!!
napoleon.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sojeru

just a Jew
Mar 22, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟1,145.00
Faith
Judaism
Greetings Your Excellencies,

I pray that as you all read this post that you and your loved ones are in good health, in Shalom, and prospering most copiously; All thanks be unto HaShem, most blessedis He.

Personally, i do not believe it to be through adoption,
And the Rabbis have debated over these topics centuries ago.

I believe that Yosef is Yeshuah's father under the influence of the Holy Spirit.
There are also words from the RaMBaM that would have it that Yeshuah was blessed by the union of Yosef and Miryam.

so a virgin birth? Yes, however, not to the way most have been tought.

if you want to see an article concerning this, e-mail me (please no PM's if you wish to see the article, but allowed if you wish to discuss it:) )

Greetings Your Excellency Adon Hix,
You said:
From what I know Jeconiah was eventually forgiven by G-d and blessed but I dont remember if the curse was ever removed.
It is said by the sages that the "Messiah will come through Zerubavel"
CLEARLY,
so indeed Yechonyoh was forgiven and to his children restoration.
we can see the coming of restoration of Yechonyoh when we see his grandson, Shealtiel- leading the first troops back to Jerusalem, (confusion as to whether She'altiel is actually Zerubavel) And then Zerubavel was the leader and ruled (governed) over the Jews.
Notice, there was no King at that time, so Zerubavel, though not King, ruled.
Think of Zerubavel as a "king" today in Judaism- a Rabbi.

Shalom u'brachot
Antonio

Upvote 0

Hix

Zionist Jew
Dec 29, 2003
✟17,284.00
Faith
Judaism
Politics
UK-Conservative
Shalom Sojeru,

Thanks for clearing that up, I have read a few instances in which the Sages have claimed the King Messiah to come from Jeconiah such as Rabbi A. J. Rosenberg when he said "Malbim calls to our attention that in the prophecy of Haggai (2:23), God says, "On that day I will take you, Zerubbabel, and I will make you like a signet," for the King Messiah will be like a signet ring on God's right hand, so to speak. Just as the name of the owner of the ring is engraved on his signet ring, through which he makes himself known, so will God's name be known in the world through the King Messiah, through whom His miracles will be known. He says here that, though, in the future, Coniah will be the signet on My right hand, for the Messiah will spring from his seed, now I will remove him from there."

Still as far as I know the line of David refers to the offspring of David (the blood in the veins) and like a Kohain the designation cant be passed through with adoption. Then again Im probobly wrong ;) if I am correct me, I enjoy learning.

Shalom and G-d bless
~Hix~

Upvote 0

sojeru

just a Jew
Mar 22, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟1,145.00
Faith
Judaism
as far as adoption is conserned, you are correct.

David CAN NOT give his throne to an adopted gentile son (if he ever had one)- the Throne is G-D's and G-D allowed David and his descendants to remain on it forever to be shliach tzibbur (angel of the congregation [of Yisrael] before G-D and the world)

what does this title shliach tzibbur teach?
Was not Messiah the shliach tzibbur of all Yisrael?
a shliach tzibbur is only a representative of the entire people.
It is like saying,
"all of Yisrael is this one man."
and David was this very same thing as well- however, not to the caliber that His Majesty King Yeshuah was and is.

the kingly line cannot be given to whomever a man pleases- this decision belongs
to G-D alone, and the Rabbis have understood that- this is why they know that Yechonyoh is ancestor of Messiah.
Yechonyoh is even the ancestor of Hillel:)

Upvote 0