Rough Draft Lesson from Job: Why do bad things happen to good people ?

Nov 12, 2016
Memphis, Tennessee
✟16,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
IMG_3089.JPG
IMG_3090.JPG

Apr 24, 2017
Winifred
✟8,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You made some very good points and I would keep them in your paper, but back up a little and look at it from God's perspective.

Luk_18:19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.
Rom_3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Why do bad things happen to good people? First, according to God, there is none good. We are all sinners, There is none righteous, no not one (Rom_3:10)... All our righteousness is as dirty rags (Isa_64:6)

Matthew 5:45 tells us that God blessing fall on the good and evil, and it would stand to reason that bad things will also fall on good people.

A person must ask themselves, "am I good enough not to deserve anything bad to happen to me?" How good do you have to be to reach this level? Who gets to decide the answer to these questions? Well, of course God does, and He said we all deserve hell. That is why He came and died for us so that, through what He did, we can have everlasting life.

You see, we are sinners, living in a sin cursed world. Good things happen to all people, just like bad things happen to all people. But we do have this one promise from God, whether it is a good thing, or a bad thing, "all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose" (Romans 8:28).

Hope this helps
Paul Dodson
www.theclearword.org

Upvote 0