Surrey
✟3,998.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Other than taking the literal meaning of the scripture. Spiritually and theologically does this mean that God had ordained that both good and bad things work together for good according to His will and plan?

This is the bible verse that has strengthened me althroughout my trials thus far and continue to do so.

God bless you

• Agree
Reactions: Mr. M

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Other than taking the literal meaning of the scripture. Spiritually and theologically does this mean that God had ordained that both good and bad things work together for good according to His will and plan?

This is the bible verse that has strengthened me althroughout my trials thus far and continue to do so.

God bless you
The blessed assurance of faith requires that our trust in His sovereignty over our lives gives us strength to overcome difficult circumstances knowing that God has ordained our path, and made provision for
our success. If someone tries to tell you that some difficult circumstance is of Satan, then just tell Satan to get lost, he has no authority to persist if you resist. He must flee, and you must move forward in the victory that Christ has already won. I see your comprehension of Romans 8:28 as both literal and in line with His purpose.

• Agree
Reactions: Jason0009
Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

God bless you
It means God can use anything to teach you and grow you even the worst things in our lives. That doesn't me He caused them, it means He can turn them. The key is in the latter part of the scripture, "for those love God and are called according to His plan"... meaning you can just do what you want and expect God to fix it. You have to love God and pursue His plan for your life and then He will transform it.

We actually see this in action (usually) when we hear a testimony. People telling how bad things were, but how God saved them from it. The bad stuff still happened to them, nothing can change that, but now it has turn into a "good" thing, a testimony, that strengthens their faith and the faith of others and glorifies God.

Reactions: Jason0009
Upvote 0

michael21

Aug 5, 2021
New York
✟15,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

God bless you
If you have not heard of a book called ''Prison to Praise'' by Merlin Carothers, I would suggest you take a look at it. It may interest you

Upvote 0

Cornelius77

7Lion
Aug 5, 2021
singapore
Visit site
✟9,136.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just read a passage from the bible that may resonate a little concerning, "a bad thing could turn out to be a good thing after all". In Daniel chapter 4, King Nebuchadnezzar was cursed by God due to his pride but was later restored. Then, He said this:

(Daniel 4:36 At the same time my sanity was restored, my honor and splendor returned to me for the glory of my kingdom. My advisers and nobles sought me out, and I was restored to my throne, and surpassing greatness was added to me. 37 Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and exalt and glorify the King of heaven, for all His works are true and all His ways are just. And He is able to humble those who walk in pride.)

So for King Nebuchadnezzar, what he went through was actually good for him so that he can turn back to God. Likewise for the parable of the prodigal son and Job. Right? So some bad things turn out to be good things after all so that we may know God better and deeper.

• Informative
Reactions: 1watchman
Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

God bless you

That's not really the subject of Romans 8:28 though.

Apostle Paul was pointing to God's election, not about a negative side of His Plan.

But is there a negative side of God's Plan of Salvation? Yes. He said He hardened Pharaoh's heart to show His glory, didn't He? (Romans 9) And the "brute beast" nature that Jude and Peter spoke of, doesn't that show certain ones were ordained to that, in working against Christ? But still, that is not what Apostle Paul was talking about in Romans 8.

Upvote 0

privatepop

May 1, 2011
Visit site
✟23,840.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Rm 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

What are the "All Things"?

I find more often than not it is referring to the things of the Bible.

Lv 8:36, So Aaron and his sons did all things which the LORD commanded by the hand of Moses.

Nm 1:50, But thou shalt appoint the Levites over the tabernacle of testimony, and over all the vessels thereof, and over all things that belong to it: they shall bear the tabernacle, and all the vessels thereof; and they shall minister unto it, and shall encamp round about the tabernacle.

Jos 1:17, According as we hearkened unto Moses in all things, so will we hearken unto thee: only the LORD thy God be with thee, as he was with Moses.

2 Kg 14:3, And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, yet not like David his father: he did according to all things as Joash his father did.

2 Chr 23:8, So the Levites and all Judah did according to all things that Jehoiada the priest had commanded, and took every man his men that were to come in on the sabbath, with them that were to go out on the sabbath: for Jehoiada the priest dismissed not the courses.

Jr 42:5, Then they said to Jeremiah, The LORD be a true and faithful witness between us, if we do not even according to all things for the which the LORD thy God shall send thee to us.

Mt 7:42, Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Mt 11:27, All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Mt 17:11, And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.

Mt 19:26, But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this (salvation) is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Mt 21:22, And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive

Mt 23:20, Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things thereon.

Mt 28:20, Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Mk 4:34, But without a parable spake he not unto them: and when they were alone, he expounded all things to his disciples.

Mk 6:30, And the apostles gathered themselves together unto Jesus, and told him all things, both what they had done, and what they had taught.

Mk 9:12, And he answered and told them, Elias verily cometh first, and restoreth all things; and how it is written of the Son of man, that he must suffer many things, and be set at nought.

Mk 9:23, Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

Mk 13:23, But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

Lk 1:3, It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus,

Lk 9:43, And they were all amazed at the mighty power of God. But while they wondered every one at all things which Jesus did, he said unto his disciples,

etc.

Upvote 0