ROMANS 7-8 GOD'S LAW ABOLISHED? OR IS IT SIN?

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I am going to conclude you think they are the same. Because you keep saying you answered it, but you answer around everything, rather than answering the question. You have hinted around about every way but saying it.

If someone has to work that hard to get what you are saying, it is probably not worth it.

Well your should not conclude anything accept what has been posted to you. Assuming things that people are not saying can lead you to a wrong interpretation of what is being said.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟881,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well your should not conclude anything accept what has been posted to you. Assuming things that people are not saying can lead you to a wrong interpretation of what is being said.

You have said you answered my question. Since you cannot answer in a way that makes anything clear, I will assume what it seems you are saying.

If you want to answer more clearly, you know the question:

Do you think God and the law are one in the same?

But at this point you can skip it. It is not worth discussing with you on this point.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You have said you answered my question. Since you cannot answer in a way that makes anything clear, I will assume what it seems you are saying.

Indeed it has been very clealy answered with scripture. Not sure why your still feel confused.

Your question was..

"Which is more righteous, Jesus, or the law?"

God's law and his love are not mutually exclusive. This was clearly shown through a lot of scripture already in posts # 99; post # 102 and post # 110.

I think you just did not like the answer.

If you want to answer more clearly, you know the question: Do you think God and the law are one in the same? But at this point you can skip it. It is not worth discussing with you on this point.

How can one be more righteous when they are not mutually exclusive you declined to answer. I suggest you re-read the posts and scriptures in them. Or provide scripture showing why you disagree.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pyong Ping

Jun 12, 2018
Western
✟8,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How does anyone know they need a Saviour?

Romans 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Do we reject God's Law?

Romans 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

Who are those not yet surrendered fully to Christ Jesus?

Romans 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
How does anyone know they need a Saviour?
Romans 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
Do we reject God's Law?

Romans 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

Who are those not yet surrendered fully to Christ Jesus?

Romans 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Isa. 53:6
All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Psa. 14:3
They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Rom. 3:10-12
10) As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11) There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12) They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable;
there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Rom. 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Isa. 53:6
All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Psa. 14:3
They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Rom. 3:10-12
10) As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11) There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12) They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Rom. 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Indeed without Jesus all we can do is sin. God's LAW gives us a KNOWLEDGE of what sin is (Romans 3:20). God's LAW brings us to Christ that we can be justified or forgiven by faith so that we can be Born again to walk in God's Spirit. Without it we have no need of a Saviour because we do not know what sin is or know we are sinners in need of Salvation and are lost in this world without hope.

Those who are Born of God have power to follow Jesus by faith in God's WORD that works by LOVE and LOVE is the fulfilling of God's LAW in those who BELIEVE his WORD (1 JOHN 3:9; ROMANS 13:8-10; ROMANS 1:16)

• Agree
Reactions: JIMINZ
Upvote 0