Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If a woman remarries and then gets divorced from the second spouse is she still considered an adulteress or was it only while they married?

Just like a man - she can ask forgiveness of sin. But she cannot divorce the second spouse "as the fix" for something. God hates divorce and only allows it on very specific grounds. If her second husband was discovered to be physically unfaithful to her while she was married to him - she has the right to divorce him if she chooses to - but she is not required to divorce him even then.

Upvote 0

James Watson

May 12, 2022
Florida
✟35,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
If a woman remarries and then gets divorced from the second spouse is she still considered an adulteress or was it only while they married?
If she had biblical grounds for divorce from both husbands (i.e. adultery by her spouse or desertion by an unbelieving spouse), then I would argue that she was not an adulteress. If she didn’t have biblical grounds for the first divorce, the second marriage is a sin, but it can be repented of. You should probably talk to a Bible-believing pastor because it can get technical. You should definitely try to move ahead with the Lord. Let me know if I can help.

/

Upvote 0