Romans 2: 13-15

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dukey

Gwynne said:
That's debatable, to say the least. Many of the laws in the OT are related to health and sanitation, not spirituality. Others are related to inheritance and property, not spirituality.
the law came through angels....spiritually originated....do you debate that?

If you love God and love your neighbor, the rest follows, regardless of the religion that you are.
these are old testament laws that jesus quoted....jesus was quoting the old testament law of moses

Upvote 0
F

Foon Nerfdahl

The difference between hearing and doing.

Too hard to understand? How about this?

21"Not everyone who says to me, `Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, `I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'
24"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.
Only he who does.

Only he who does.

Only he who DOES, DOES, DOES.

Listen to Jesus.......DO what he says.

Reject the leaven of the Republicans.

:amen:

Upvote 0
D

Dukey

Foon Nerfdahl said:
The difference between hearing and doing.

Too hard to understand? How about this?

Only he who does.

Only he who does.

Only he who DOES, DOES, DOES.

Listen to Jesus.......DO what he says.
apparently im not specific enough in my question....whats the difference between the message of jesus and the message of paul?

Reject the leaven of the Republicans.

how did we get on politics?

Upvote 0

Mustaphile

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2004
Indiana
✟35,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
SpaceMonk said:
I don't disagree with this concept, but then what's the point of christianity?

Why did Jesus order evangelism, if salvation is only up to the heart and our actions of love?
I suppose Buddha is in heaven then?
He took his own path to enlightenment - and it worked out for him?
That's good to know.
So why the necessity for evangelism? :scratch:

The point of christianity is to be a beacon of light to the Way, as far as I understand it. If have love, we have God withiin us, but not knowledge of being in God. The christian who has love in them, has God within them, and knowledge of being in God, through Christ. Through the revealing of Christ in us, we are light in the world showing the way. The point of evangelising is to bring more light into the world, so that we can all come to know that peace on Earth, of knowing that we are in God. Those who struggle in darkness do so in despair without the knowledge of the way, the truth, the life (which is fully realised in the teaching, life, death and ressurction of Christ). Christ was slain before the foundation of the world. His life on this Earth was the witness to that slaying before the foundation of the world.

In the parable of the wheat and the tares it tells us of how there deceptive influences amongst us that were sown by the Evil one at that foundation of the world, and they are indistinguishable, one from the other. It's is only in the maturing of the wheat and the tares and the coming of final season of the harvest that the wheat and tares will be seperated. Those who have their foundation in love, and those who have their foundation in hate will be divided, and those seeds sown by the Evil one will be destroyed. Even amongst christians there are hypocrites and deceptive influences. They preach love, but the outworking of their actions and intent is hate. Their hypocrisy remains hidden to a great extent until the time comes for the reaping. The sheep and goats that apenman likes to emphasise is that final judgement.

Rev 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
Rev 13:9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.

Upvote 0
F

Foon Nerfdahl

whats the difference between the message of jesus and the message of paul?
Paul was confused about grace and faith and works and he confused others. He also came up short on compassion and really lost it on women's rights. I'm not sure yet whether to label him a total failure or an almost failure.

Cutting Paul's writings out of the Bible sure improves the Bible and removes a lot of problems.

Jesus told us clearly and simply what we should do.

Care for the poor.

21"Not everyone who says to me, `Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, `I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'
24"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.
Be wise and care for the poor......beware the leaven of the Republicans. They may have a lot in this life, but they will not enter the Kingdom of God if they fail to DO what Jesus said.

Upvote 0
D

Dukey

Foon Nerfdahl said:
Paul was confused about grace and faith and works and he confused others. He also came up short on compassion and really lost it on women's rights. I'm not sure yet whether to label him a total failure or an almost failure.
paul's capacity to resurrect the dead should count for something, right?....i mean if you can resurrect dead people, you may have a hint of wisdom about you....the entire nation of israel lost it on women's rights at the time, just like in iraq today....a contextual reading of the scripture will help

Cutting Paul's writings out of the Bible sure improves the Bible and removes a lot of problems.
hhmm....well, maybe just your bible....i dont think itll happen universally personally

Jesus told us clearly and simply what we should do.

Care for the poor.
paul didnt care for the poor?

Be wise and care for the poor......beware the leaven of the Republicans. They may have a lot in this life, but they will not enter the Kingdom of God if they fail to DO what Jesus said.

so democrats are going to heaven and republicans are going to hell? i take it that you dont believe in the separation of church and state?

Upvote 0
F

Foon Nerfdahl

paul's capacity to resurrect the dead should count for something, right?
Foon says: Yes, if you believe that story (which was told by one of Paul's disciples).

paul didnt care for the poor?
Foon says: Jesus gave his life for the poor. His ministry was focused on justice for the poor, the children, oppressed minorities, and women.

Jesus didn't ask for money. Paul asked for money to give to the poor, but nobody was checking to see if Paul delivered the money. Maybe Paul just found a good way to make a living.....the first-born of the crooked evangelists.

so democrats are going to heaven and republicans are going to hell? i take it that you dont believe in the separation of church and state?
Foon says: No. Nobody's going to hell. No such place exists. That's a lie made up to scare people.

Separation of church and state is a separate issue.

Greed and selfishness and ignoring the needs of the poor (Sodomy) is what I'm talking about. These are spiritual matters, not political. The Republican system is based on profit by exploiting poor people (called "Free Enterprise").

The Bible tells us that greed is idolatry and that the greedy will not enter the Kingdom of God. Obviously, that means people of any political affiliation, but Republicans are a prime example because their entire party platform is based on enriching the rich by taking from money that should go to help the poor.

That makes it spiritual, not political.

Upvote 0

Gwynne

Dancin', dancin', dancin'!!!!!
Mar 17, 2004
Michigan
✟8,569.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dukey said:
the law came through angels....spiritually originated....do you debate that?

these are old testament laws that jesus quoted....jesus was quoting the old testament law of moses

Angels? Where do you get that it came from angels? According to the Bible itself, the Law was given to Mosed by God Himself, not by angels.

But based on sound historical research, the writings of the Old Testament were not all written at once, but over a long period of time, and were influenced a great deal by Babylonian writings.

Take the Book of Job for example. Only one name in that book is Jewish, and that's Elihu. The other names, those of Job and his friends, are names from other cultures.

The style of writing and the genre, in all but one section, is also very similar to a style of writing and genre that was extremely popular among Babylonian scholars, and the story itself is similar to one found among Babylonian literature.

I believe the Bible was inspired, but I also believe a LOT was added to it and changed over the years, and that what we have was not necessarily what God originally intended. However, through careful reading, study and historical research, we can still get what it's supposed to be saying, and it all boils down to Jesus commandments of Love God and Love Your Neighbor.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
F

Foon Nerfdahl

Foon said: There is no hell.

fejao said:
Hi,
Could you please substantiate your claim, I am intrested in how you come to this postition.

Fejao x
Foon says:

By checking out the real meanings of the words commonly used for "hell" in the Bible.

Carefully studied overall......these words to not refer to eternal torture.

They mean death by fire.

This topic has been thoroughly discussed on this site by others and I will not duplicate it here (although if you have trouble finding the thread, let me know and I'll find it......it is recent and I think I made some comments, so it should be in my recent posts).

Reactions: fejao
Upvote 0

fejao

Secrecy and Accountability Cannot Co-Exist
Sep 29, 2003
Scotland
Visit site
✟9,349.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Foon Nerfdahl said:
Foon said: There is no hell.

Foon says:

By checking out the real meanings of the words commonly used for "hell" in the Bible.

Carefully studied overall......these words to not refer to eternal torture.

They mean death by fire.

This topic has been thoroughly discussed on this site by others and I will not duplicate it here (although if you have trouble finding the thread, let me know and I'll find it......it is recent and I think I made some comments, so it should be in my recent posts).
Thank you friend for your reply to my post. I shall look more into this subject when I have more time. May God bless you my friend.

Fejao x

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.