Romans 10:9 and Romans 10:13 Greater and lesser light.

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I have heard people use the term "lesser light" to describe doctrines of men... that are post canonical, but refer to ideas that should be beheld when reading scripture.

I'll be blunt... Scripture uses this same analogy.

Click this link (Topical Bible: Morning-star) to verify what I am saying and see that two opposing forces, claim this title. The difference is that JESUS is the BRIGHT Morning Star.

This verse (Matthew 6:23) refers to this concept.

God is the True Navigational Aid of the Soul. Satan is the false light, or "lesser light".

This being said... using only Cannon... What is Paul Saying with the true Greek root of Romans 10:13 in reference to Romans 10:9?

The word LORD in Romans 10:13 is a specific Greek word that's usage is defined through Joel 2:32.

2962 [e] ( Strong's Greek: 2962 κύριος (kurios) - Lord, lord, master, sir, Sir, misc)
Kyriou
Κυρίου
of [the] Lord
N-GMS

Paul is quoting Joel 2:32 and the following is the use of the word Lord... and when you go to the Lexicon... you will find the following...

of the LORD
יְהוָ֖ה (Yah·weh)
Noun - proper - masculine singular
Strong's Hebrew 3068: Jehovah = 'the existing One' 1) the proper name of the one true God 1a) unpronounced except with the vowel pointings of H0136

And keep in mind, The Father is not the Son, The Son is not the Father, The Holy Spirit is neither the Father nor the Son.

Last edited: