North America
✟166,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth.

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
(NOTE: The gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew 1st & gentile next)

Acts 2:4 (A) they were all filled with the Holy Ghost,
(NOTE: Here at the 1st post resurrection Pentecost. Believing Jews ONLY, received God's promise (Lk 24:49, Jn 7:38-39, Acts 2:33), Christs baptism with His eternally sealing/saving, indwelling Holy Spirit)

Years later:
Acts 10:44 (B) Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
(NOTE: Years later believing Gentiles receive God's promise (Lk 24:49, Jn 7:38-39, Acts 2:33), Christs baptism with His eternally sealing/saving, indwelling Holy Spirit)

Acts 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
(NOTE: Peter & the brethren/Jews (Vs 23) that accompanied him were ASTONISHED, to see Gentiles receive the baptism with God's Holy Spirit)

QUESTION: If any gentiles had been saved/received Christ's with the baptism with the Holy Spirit at Pentecost (Acts 2) WHY is Acts 2 speaker, Peter, ASTONISHED to witness this now? Also see Acts 11:1-16

Rom 15:8 I say that Messiah was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:
(NOTE: Jesus was sent to minister to those of the circumcision (Jews only) to fulfil promises made to the circumcision's fathers.)

Matt 15:24 Messiah answered & said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
(NOTE: Jesus said; He has been sent, ONLY, to the lost sheep of the "House of Israel")

Matt 10:
5 Messiah sent forth the 12 & commanded them. To not go the Gentiles or into any city of the Samaritans
(NOTE: Samaritans were Jewish decendants from Ephraim and the half-tribe of Manasseh. They had inter married & were considered 1/2 breeds by the Jews. Samaritans even had their own temple on Mt Gerazim (Jn 4:20).While alive Jesus tells his disciples DON'T go to GENTILES)

6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel
(NOTE: Jesus tells his disciples DON'T go to the lost sheep of the House of Israel)

Summery:
It's years after Pentecost, where Jews only, receive Christ's salvation sealing baptism of His indwelling Holy Spirit. When the Holy Spirit sends Peter to Cornelius house, a Roman gentile centurion (Acts 10:1). Not long after, the risen Christ sends Paul to minister to gentiles (Acts 26:17)

Conclusion:
Salvation was 1st offered to the Jew, then the gentile.

Last edited:

Aaron_Bethlhm

Nov 20, 2020
New Jerusalem (destination)
✟2,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
Conclusion:
Why do you post this as if somehow it is a conclusion ?

Is it not clearly stated throughout all Scripture ? (i.e. a statement of God to accept or to reject)

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟166,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Why do you post this as if somehow it is a conclusion ?

Is it not clearly stated throughout all Scripture ? (i.e. a statement of God to accept or to reject)

Summery definition:
a brief statement or account of the main points of something.

Conclusion definition:
1. the summing-up of an argument or text.

2. arrive at a judgment or opinion by reasoning.

My CONCLUSION from your reply is you didn't fully read my post. Peace, JJ

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟277,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth.

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
(NOTE: The gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew 1st & gentile next)

Acts 2:4 (A) they were all filled with the Holy Ghost,
(NOTE: Here at the 1st post resurrection Pentecost. Believing Jews ONLY, received God's promise (Lk 24:49, Jn 7:38-39, Acts 2:33), Christs baptism with His eternally sealing/saving, indwelling Holy Spirit)

Years later:
Acts 10:44 (B) Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
(NOTE: Years later believing Gentiles receive God's promise (Lk 24:49, Jn 7:38-39, Acts 2:33), Christs baptism with His eternally sealing/saving, indwelling Holy Spirit)
Acts 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
(NOTE: Peter & the brethren/Jews (Vs 23) that accompanied him were ASTONISHED, to see Gentiles receive the baptism with God's Holy Spirit)

QUESTION: If any gentiles had been saved/received Christ's with the baptism with the Holy Spirit at Pentecost (Acts 2) WHY is Acts 2 speaker, Peter, ASTONISHED to witness this now? Also see Acts 11:1-16

Rom 15:8 I say that Messiah was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:
(NOTE: Jesus was sent to minister to those of the circumcision (Jews only) to fulfil promises made to the circumcision's fathers.)

Matt 15:24 Messiah answered & said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
(NOTE: Jesus said; He has been sent, ONLY, to the lost sheep of the "House of Israel")

Matt 10:
5 Messiah sent forth the 12 & commanded them. To not go the Gentiles or into any city of the Samaritans
(NOTE: Samaritans were Jewish decendants from Ephraim and the half-tribe of Manasseh. They had inter married & were considered 1/2 breeds by the Jews. Samaritans even had their own temple on Mt Gerazim (Jn 4:20).While alive Jesus tells his disciples DON'T go to GENTILES)

6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel
(NOTE: Jesus tells his disciples DON'T go to the lost sheep of the House of Israel)

Summery:
It's years after Pentecost, where Jews only, receive Christ's salvation sealing baptism of His indwelling Holy Spirit. When the Holy Spirit sends Peter to Cornelius house, a Roman gentile centurion (Acts 10:1). Not long after, the risen Christ sends Paul to minister to gentiles (Acts 26:17)

Conclusion:
Yes, astonished (Ac 10:45). . .because it had not yet been revealed (Ac 11:1-3) that the gospel was for the Gentiles as well as for the Jews (including proselytes to Judaism).
The church needed a little time to grow in strength, and encouraged by the Holy Spirit to grow in numbers among the Jews (Ac 9:31) before it was revealed to Peter in a vision that it was to go to the Gentiles.

So the church was about five years old when Peter had his vision regarding clean and unclean, was summoned to Caesarea by Cornelius, the Roman centurion, and upon arriving at Cornelius' house found a large crowd had gathered there, to whom Peter presented his testimony regarding Jesus, during which the Holy Spirit came on all the crowd (Ac 10:44).

It was after the Gentiles received the Holy Spirit in Caesarea that Paul first began preaching outside Judaism to the Greeks in Antioch (Ac 11:20), per God's design.

Last edited:
Upvote 0