Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Then it is a real blessing that we will not be each others judge. Our Judge will be Jesus Christ and the basis for His judgment will be the Word of God.

Again you say...............
"2 Timothy does not even mention the letter to the Hebrews at all."

2 Timothy 3:16...........
"ALL Scripture is God breathed..................".

I do not have the words to say how I do not grasp how you are unable to understand that Scripture.
No, it is you who do not grasp Scripture.

2 Timothy states:

But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it 15 and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.
The Scriptures that St. Paul refers to are those that Timothy has been acquainted with from his childhood. Timothy was born around the year A.D. 17. The letter to the Hebrews was written around the year A.D. 63 or 64. At the earliest Matthew was written around A.D. 70. So the letter to the Hebrews, and Matthew, certainly were not among the sacred writings that Timothy was acquainted with from his childhood. Hebrews and Matthew are not mentioned in 2 Timothy at all, and there is no indication in Scripture that Timothy was even aware of Matthew and Hebrews.

You wrote that both Matthew and Hebrews fall under the umbrella of 2 Timothy 3:16-17. This shows your lack of understanding of the Bible.

• Winner
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Where does the Catholic faith not follow the Bible, in your view?

Wonderful question and I thank you for the question. Actually I am amazed you would ask it .
Please post the Bible Scriptures which support...........

1. Rosary.
2. Purgatory.
3. Bishops allowed to be single.
4. The Perpetual virginity of Mary.
5. The Assumption of Mary.
6. The sinlessness of Mary.
7. Bowing down to a graven image.
8. Calling another man "Father".

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, it is you who do not grasp Scripture.

2 Timothy states:

But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it 15 and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.
The Scriptures that St. Paul refers to are those that Timothy has been acquainted with from his childhood. Timothy was born around the year A.D. 17. The letter to the Hebrews was written around the year A.D. 63 or 64. At the earliest Matthew was written around A.D. 70. So the letter to the Hebrews, and Matthew, certainly were not among the sacred writings that Timothy was acquainted with from his childhood. Hebrews and Matthew are not mentioned in 2 Timothy at all, and there is no indication in Scripture that Timothy was even aware of Matthew and Hebrews.

You wrote that both Matthew and Hebrews fall under the umbrella of 2 Timothy 3:16-17. This shows your lack of understanding of the Bible.

No my friend, it show your complete inability of Bible teachings. For anyone to say or think that 2 Timothy 3:16 does not apply to ALL Scriptures is just completely false and has absolutely no basis of truth at all.

As far as understanding the Bible, allow me to say to you that the verses you quoted by Paul to Timothy is in reference to his mother and grandmother who taught Timothy in the Word of God. They were Godly women and taught Timothy well.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I thought that a man as well versed in the Scriptures as yourself would recognize them. I stand corrected.

It has nothing to do with what I did or did not recognize. Of course any Protestant person knew what and where you posted because they actually read and study the Bible but it is not up to us to read your mind. It is common courtesy to tell us.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I thought that a man as well versed in the Scriptures as yourself would recognize them. I stand corrected.

Would you please respond to comment #454? I only listed 8 so it should not take you too long to coppy and paste a response from some one else.

Upvote 0

PeaceB

Apr 20, 2017
Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Wonderful question and I thank you for the question. Actually I am amazed you would ask it .
Please post the Bible Scriptures which support...........

1. Rosary.
2. Purgatory.
3. Bishops allowed to be single.
4. The Perpetual virginity of Mary.
5. The Assumption of Mary.
6. The sinlessness of Mary.
7. Bowing down to a graven image.
8. Calling another man "Father".
You believe that my username is PeaceB, and that your wife is a good person. Please provide me a verse in the Bible that states that my username is PeaceB, and that your wife is a good person. If you cannot, then you do not follow the Bible.

Do you see how silly that type of logic is? But this is exactly the same logic that you using with me.

Your list is rather long. Some of them I have already provided you with Scripture for in other threads, so please feel free to refer back to those. Other doctrines, such as the Assumption of Mary, I would say are not to be found in Scripture, but are based in Catholic Tradition.

Certainly there is not a single verse in Scripture that contradicts Catholic faith or practice, but if you have anything, I will be happy to look at it.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You believe that my username is PeaceB, and that your wife is a good person. Please provide me a verse in the Bible that states that my username is PeaceB, and that your wife is a good person. If you cannot, then you do not follow the Bible.

Do you see how silly that type of logic is? But this is exactly the same logic that you using with me.

Your list is rather long. Some of them I have already provided you with Scripture for in other threads, so please feel free to refer back to those. Other doctrines, such as the Assumption of Mary, I would say are not to be found in Scripture, but are based in Catholic Tradition.

Certainly there is not a single verse in Scripture that contradicts Catholic faith or practice, but if you have anything, I will be happy to look at it.

You actually got one right.........
"the Assumption of Mary, I would say are not to be found in Scripture, but are based in Catholic Tradition."

That is exactly what we have been telling you from the beginning!!!!!!

WRONG! You ask what was not Biblical and I gave you a short list. You have not replied to these points as it is impossible to do so Biblically.

NOT ONE of those 8 questions is Biblical and you know that as well. So what do you do????

Smoke screen. Political excuses.

I will shorten my list for you then.

Why do YOU believe and the RCC teach that Mary was SINLESS?

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Major1

Again, how would you have managed when there was no Bible? Approx 300 years before the Bible was put together!

You would be totally lost wouldn't you!

You keep saying this and that are not in the Bible regarding Catholic teachings but remember one big thing my friend. The Catholic Church is guided by the Holy Spirit through 'TRADITION'. Something you disagree with.

Where would you be without the Bible in the years when it did not exist? You would not have been able to pull up verses etc!

The early church was guided, via the Holy Spirit, by:

TRADITION!

• Winner
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And nowhere does Scripture state that the Church got pregnant and gave birth to a child.

1260 days is not to be taken literally. It is meant to indicate a period of persecution.

Personally, I interpret the woman in Revelation 12 as a symbol of Mary, Israel, and the Church. There are different layers of symbolism, and you can see that elsewhere in the book of Revelation.

No. I never wrote that. That is a baseless claim. And I have clarified the point on numerous occasions now. The fact that you continue to make the assertion is amazing.

Your exact words in comment #420 concerning the inspiration of the Book of Hebrews were...............
"Following your own logic, you must provide a chapter and verse in Scripture that teaches that the letter to the Hebrews is the inspired word of God. If you cannot, by your own logic, your belief that the letter to the Hebrews is the inspired word of God is "an opinion and nothing more".

Now you are very versed in Political Correct speech but I am just an old country boy. From your own words if you did not claim Hebrews is not the inspired word of God you certainly implied it.
Your comment at best is deceptive and insincere and when you are confronted the best you can do is............"No. I never wrote that. That is a baseless claim."

Obviously to anyone reading what you wrote would not agree with you.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PeaceB

Apr 20, 2017
Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
You actually got one right.........
"the Assumption of Mary, I would say are not to be found in Scripture, but are based in Catholic Tradition."

That is exactly what we have been telling you from the beginning!!!!!!
I find your post rather amusing. That is basic Catholic teaching. I believed that 5 years ago. What on the earth do you think Sacred Tradition is?

CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Tradition and Living Magisterium

The Protestant principle is: The Bible and nothing but the Bible; the Bible, according to them, is the sole theological source; there are no revealed truths save the truths contained in the Bible; according to them the Bible is the sole rule of faith: by it and by it alone should all dogmatic questions be solved; it is the only binding authority. Catholics, on the other hand, hold that there may be, that there is in fact, and that there must of necessity be certain revealed truths apart from those contained in the Bible; they hold furthermore that Jesus Christ has established in fact, and that to adapt the means to the end He should have established, a living organ as much to transmit Scripture and written Revelation as to place revealed truth within reach of everyone always and everywhere.​

Your response illustrates how little you actually know about Catholicism. Perhaps if you actually studied it, you would not abhor it so much.

You also have hold doctrines that are not found in the Bible (such as your belief that the Matthew and Hebrews are Scripture). You just refuse to admit your own traditions. This is proven by your complete inability to provide one single verse in the Bible that teaches that Hebrews is Scripture.

WRONG! You ask what was not Biblical and I gave you a short list. You have not replied to these points as it is impossible to do so Biblically.

NOT ONE of those 8 questions is Biblical and you know that as well. So what do you do????
Well here is one for you, which supports the Catholic doctrine of purgatory:

2 Maccabees 12:39-45

39 On the next day, as by that time it had become necessary, Judas and his men went to take up the bodies of the fallen and to bring them back to lie with their kinsmen in the sepulchres of their fathers. 40 Then under the tunic of every one of the dead they found sacred tokens of the idols of Jam′nia, which the law forbids the Jews to wear. And it became clear to all that this was why these men had fallen. 41 So they all blessed the ways of the Lord, the righteous Judge, who reveals the things that are hidden; 42 and they turned to prayer, beseeching that the sin which had been committed might be wholly blotted out. And the noble Judas exhorted the people to keep themselves free from sin, for they had seen with their own eyes what had happened because of the sin of those who had fallen. 43 He also took up a collection, man by man, to the amount of two thousand drachmas of silver, and sent it to Jerusalem to provide for a sin offering. In doing this he acted very well and honorably, taking account of the resurrection. 44 For if he were not expecting that those who had fallen would rise again, it would have been superfluous and foolish to pray for the dead. 45 But if he was looking to the splendid reward that is laid up for those who fall asleep in godliness, it was a holy and pious thought. Therefore he made atonement for the dead, that they might be delivered from their sin.​

Smoke screen. Political excuses.

I will shorten my list for you then.

Why do YOU believe and the RCC teach that Mary was SINLESS?
I believe that Mary was sinless because the Catholic Church teaches that Mary is sinless, because she is the one true church founded by Jesus Christ when he walked the Earth, and because God prevents her from defining error concerning Christian faith and morals.

But you should have known that already.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

PeaceB

Apr 20, 2017
Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Your exact words in comment #420 concerning the inspiration of the Book of Hebrews were...............
"Following your own logic, you must provide a chapter and verse in Scripture that teaches that the letter to the Hebrews is the inspired word of God. If you cannot, by your own logic, your belief that the letter to the Hebrews is the inspired word of God is "an opinion and nothing more".

Now you are very versed in Political Correct speech but I am just an old country boy. From your own words if you did not claim Hebrews is not the inspired word of God you certainly implied it.
Your comment at best is deceptive and insincere and when you are confronted the best you can do is............"No. I never wrote that. That is a baseless claim."

Obviously to anyone reading what you wrote would not agree with you.
Even if you were confused by my original post, thereafter I clarified on several different occasions that I believe that Hebrews is inspired Scripture.

As I have clarified multiple times, my assertion is that your belief that Hebrews is Scripture is based on tradition. You refuse to admit that your belief is based on tradition, so you must provide a verse in the Bible that teaches that Hebrews is Scripture. You still have not done this, which proves that you do in fact hold Christian doctrine that is not found in the Bible, just as Catholics and all other denominations do.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,749,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

immadatyou.gif

That is enough. This thread is generating report after report.

It is closed for review. It is doubtful that it will be reopened.

Edit- it is staying closed.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.