bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
Bear the Weakness of Others

Rom 15:1-2
We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves. Each of us should please his neighbor for his good, to build him up.

"failings" the NKJV more accurately translates "scruples", as I have often referred to it elsewhere. But while we've been primarily applying this principle within the Church, in fact Paul applied this principle more universally, and so he teaches, "Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God— even as I try to please everybody in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved." 1Cor 10:32,33

In contrast are the religiously elite of whom Jesus said, "And you experts in the law, woe to you, because you load people down with burdens they can hardly carry, and you yourselves will not lift one finger to help them." Lk 11:46 Are you hard on others and easy on yourself? Do you burden others with responsibility while not lifting a finger to help them? Do you rebuke others for sin while doing nothing to restore them? "Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you." Col 3:13 "Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." Gal 6:2

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources

Reactions: mlepfitjw