Transsexual Wonder Girl
May 28, 2011
Kansas, USA
✟7,676.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
all i can say is, if you learned it WAS evil you'd better stop listening to it. as it is, i don't think music is evil, LYRICS HOWEVER CAN BE EVIL AND IF THEY ARE SHOULDN"T be LISTENED TOO.

No one can sing like Mikael Åkerfeldt of Opeth. I'm sorry. However, I must say that 75% of the time, I can't understand a word he's singing. Is he a Christian? Probably not. Does he sing about Christian themes? Not in the slightest. However, the rich compositional complexity with which he writes makes the band's music irreplaceable and incomperable to many other musicians of the metal genre. If I may recommend their song "When", I think from an auditory standpoint, you will not be dissapointed.

Now, if you'd rather listen to some Jesus metal, how 'bout some Mortification, hmm?

Enjoy! ^.^

Upvote 0

MasterpieceMesias

King of Stoic Cynicism
Feb 20, 2011
Somewhere away from people
✟8,602.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
No one can sing like Mikael Åkerfeldt of Opeth. I'm sorry. However, I must say that 75% of the time, I can't understand a word he's singing. Is he a Christian? Probably not. Does he sing about Christian themes? Not in the slightest. However, the rich compositional complexity with which he writes makes the band's music irreplaceable and incomperable to many other musicians of the metal genre. If I may recommend their song "When", I think from an auditory standpoint, you will not be dissapointed.

Now, if you'd rather listen to some Jesus metal, how 'bout some Mortification, hmm?

Enjoy! ^.^
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CffJeVSAJk8[/youtube]
man how come there aren't more younger females in the world like you??? I'm all sad now :(

Upvote 0

pitseleh

up on the roof staring at the stars.
Jul 21, 2011
in the south!
✟7,868.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No! It's just the type of rock you are listening to that can condemn it as sinful. Like if you're listening to something that's actually praising Satan or sinful behavior, or has alot of cursing. Yeah, I would say that's sinful for sure. My username is actually from a secular song. It's a secular song that brings me alot of comfort though.

Otherwise no! That messed up my head for the longest time. My OCD can flare up and say that. And, sometimes I listen and I have to listen to classical or Gospel. But, when I realize that it's an insane idea again I go back to listening to secular music. Not that I don't listen to the other anyways. But, when I flare it settles me for a while.

Lyrics from the song that's my username.

They say that God makes problems.
Just to see what you can stand
Before you do as the Devil pleases
Give up the things you love.

Upvote 0

daywalker1966

Dec 11, 2011
✟7,611.00
Faith
Deist
As a musician I want to add a little bit of information on this subject which might prove interesting to anyone who want a bit more than just manyh opinions about rock music:

The Term Rock An Roll refers to Sex, not entirely. The term was actually used long before the genre of music was thought of as a term meaning to get things going and move along. It actually has several meanins, including this meaning. Many of us who grew up listening to the sound did not even know about this at the time.

Electric Guitars were invented for rock music, false entirely. In the early days of big bands and jazz bands, guitars could not keep up with the high volume of brassand strings, so amplifying and miking guitars began to be experimented with. An early engineer found that you could place a magnetic pickup in a guitar neck and make it loud and won a prize at a world fair. Over time, such men as Leo Fender and Les Paul experimented more and in the 1930's the electric guitar began to emerge in jazz bands and big bands. Leo perfected one of the first popular guitars, the Fender Telecaster, before rock music had taken root. AT that time R and B and jazz were evolving into the sound that would become rock music.

Satan has always been behind rock music, false again. Indeed there were stupid musicians using shock techniques of demons and devils and praising evil with their music, and in most fundamentalism these are the only men discussed. Infact, Buddy Holly, Richie Valens, John Fogerty and many many others played this music and there was nothing Satanic about them.

Yes indeed there has been Satanic imagery in alot of rock music, but inthe end, it is a sound and no more evil than the person playing it. The direction of the song is determined by the words. For example, how can a song like "Wipeout" be Satanic??

Rock music has ill affects on the body, that depends on the person. I have seen rockers who got over the affects of headaches and depression because of the adrenaline kick of fast, powerful music.

Drums weree used to summon evil Gods and are therefore evil, absurd. Drums are routinely used in jazz, big bands, country bands, etc and the drummers have no idea they were used for anything else. Besides, were not altars used in both pagan, idol worshipping temples, and also in the temple of God??

In the end, one must discern what group, artist or song they are listeneing to and determine from there. Country music is riddled with promiscuity, cheating, booze and sadness. Is this Godly?

I've personally written many songs and as a rocker along with everything else, it was always my policy to avoid negatives and play songs that the rockers or the christians could enjoy.

I hope this is food for thought. You may always research the history of the electric guitar and verify my information, and do some research ons ome of the better quality groups. I have nothing to hide and no reason to run.

Best regards to everyone. ~Gene:)

Upvote 0

Elgibbor

Veteran
Oct 14, 2011
✟1,641.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
hey guys, quick question, off topic, or maybe on topic. What's the point of making songs like this one?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXsxLiVLJk0[/youtube]
I agree. It's not as good as their early stuff. Slayer sucked a bit after Seasons in the Abyss.

Upvote 0

Your friend

Dec 28, 2011
✟15,112.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth, burst into jubilant song with music;
Psalm 98:4
A Psalm for giving thanks. Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth! Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into his presence with singing!
Psalm 100:1-2
Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation
Psalm 95:1
Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise.
James 5:13
Praise the Lord! Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens! Praise him for his mighty deeds; praise him according to his excellent greatness! Praise him with trumpet sound; praise him with lute and harp! Praise him with tambourine and dance; praise him with strings and pipe! Praise him with sounding cymbals; praise him with loud clashing cymbals! ...
Psalm 150:1-6
What am I to do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will pray with my mind also; I will sing praise with my spirit, but I will sing with my mind also
1 Corinthians 14:15

I rock because of the Rock of salvation!:ok:

Upvote 0