Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This year, actor and comedian Rob Schneider is celebrating his first Christmas as a Catholic.

“I think the reason the Catholic Church works for me is it’s closest to the actual words of Jesus Christ,” the 60-year-old told Our Sunday Visitor from Arizona.

Schneider spoke about his newfound faith after revealing that he converted to Catholicism in a social media post on Oct. 31. The actor rose to fame as a cast member and writer for NBC’s “Saturday Night Live,” and is perhaps best known for starring in films including “Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo” in 1999, “The Hot Chick” in 2002, and “The Benchwarmers” in 2006.

He chatted with Our Sunday Visitor after also starring in a new childrens’ series called “Chip Chilla” and while working on a project about the Shroud of Turin, believed to be Jesus Christ’s burial cloth.

Many things, Schneider said, led to his conversion. He remembered, in particular, his family priest in Phoenix taking him to see Father Chad Ripperger, whom he called an amazing priest.

“We got to hear him speak for two hours and it was really powerful,” Schneider said of the theologian and exorcist based in Colorado.

He called Father Ripperger’s words reassuring.

“At the same time, it was ‘prepare yourself and be vigilant, but not fearful,'” he remembered the priest’s message. “His message at the end was, ‘Jesus already won. This is just a mop up mission’ — and I love that. I think it’s true.”

Continued below.

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟67,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think he married an illegal Mexican immigrant and has 2 daughters with her. (Not judging here, just remember from the last time I saw him do a stand-up comedy show)

3 Mexican women will probably harass your sorry butt into conversion eventually.

Also, the true story of the of Shroud of Turin is really not interesting.

Upvote 0