Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

Glad to be on CF and find this Forum.

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Dustin Blystone and I've been a born again Christian for over 20 years and a Home Bible Study teacher for over 12 years now. Over the past 2 years, our Home Bible Study developed into more a full service Home Church Fellowship, as many establishment Churches were closed. I invite anyone who would like to join us to join us on Mondays at 6:30 MDT / MST as we stream our sessions live on YouTube at:
https://www.youtube.com/c/DustinBlystone

RiverRock Restoration is a Home Church / Bible Study Fellowship where Rivers of Living Water flow from the Rock of our Salvation while we rest in the finished work of Christ on The Cross and teach His Word with Holy Spirit Fire. We enjoy short praise and worship songs, take prayer requests, teach His Word verse by verse through the Bible, and occasionally hold a communion service. We are in general a very conservative group, teaching the Bible as the inerrant Word of God, that Jesus is God manifest in flesh, from a Trinitarian perspective, and we teach sanctification and our end times position is pre-millennial pre-tribulation rapture. We make people aware of other viewpoints and discuss them occasionally, but usually are doing deep dives with cutting edge Bible teaching and speculate on various prophetic interpretations of Scripture and how the eschatological view we hold is on the verge of playing out in the very near future. We teach verse by verse through a Book of the Bible at a time and focus on cross-references and exposition. With each Book we've gone through, we essentially usually touch on 1/4 to 1/2 of the entire Bible, so we go through Books very slowly. Our first Book was Matthew which took 4 years to complete, due to the immense amount of cross-referencing we did which ended up exploring approximately 1/2 of the entire Bible, as it interconnected and related to the Book of Matthew. Our studies each week are based off of a session of notes, which covers on average 10-15 verses of Scripture of the Book we're currently studying. We go through verse by verse looking at all the cross references, and it usually takes us 3 weeks to get through that session. We live stream our sessions on Youtube so anyone can participate online. The channel is at https://www.youtube.com/c/DustinBlystone

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello,

Glad to be on CF and find this Forum.

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Dustin Blystone and I've been a born again Christian for over 20 years and a Home Bible Study teacher for over 12 years now. Over the past 2 years, our Home Bible Study developed into more a full service Home Church Fellowship, as many establishment Churches were closed. I invite anyone who would like to join us to join us on Mondays at 6:30 MDT / MST as we stream our sessions live on YouTube at:
https://www.youtube.com/c/DustinBlystone

RiverRock Restoration is a Home Church / Bible Study Fellowship where Rivers of Living Water flow from the Rock of our Salvation while we rest in the finished work of Christ on The Cross and teach His Word with Holy Spirit Fire. We enjoy short praise and worship songs, take prayer requests, teach His Word verse by verse through the Bible, and occasionally hold a communion service. We are in general a very conservative group, teaching the Bible as the inerrant Word of God, that Jesus is God manifest in flesh, from a Trinitarian perspective, and we teach sanctification and our end times position is pre-millennial pre-tribulation rapture. We make people aware of other viewpoints and discuss them occasionally, but usually are doing deep dives with cutting edge Bible teaching and speculate on various prophetic interpretations of Scripture and how the eschatological view we hold is on the verge of playing out in the very near future. We teach verse by verse through a Book of the Bible at a time and focus on cross-references and exposition. With each Book we've gone through, we essentially usually touch on 1/4 to 1/2 of the entire Bible, so we go through Books very slowly. Our first Book was Matthew which took 4 years to complete, due to the immense amount of cross-referencing we did which ended up exploring approximately 1/2 of the entire Bible, as it interconnected and related to the Book of Matthew. Our studies each week are based off of a session of notes, which covers on average 10-15 verses of Scripture of the Book we're currently studying. We go through verse by verse looking at all the cross references, and it usually takes us 3 weeks to get through that session. We live stream our sessions on Youtube so anyone can participate online. The channel is at https://www.youtube.com/c/DustinBlystone
It seems very slow to take four years to complete Matthew, even with cross referencing Jesus quoting the Law and the Prophets.

There is also archaeology, historical works such as Josephus’ writings, Jewish Torah commentaries, Biblical geography, etc. Reading about Herodian era Roman provincial taxes might help one understand the situation of Matthew (Levi?) and Zacchaeus. There are modern testimonies of God’s mercies and miracles. I follow Guideposts on Facebook. They published testimonies.

Upvote 0
Oct 26, 2021
In Christ (in El Paso, TX)
✟15,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Thank you, SpiritFilledJM!

It seems very slow to take four years to complete Matthew, even with cross referencing Jesus quoting the Law and the Prophets.

There is also archaeology, historical works such as Josephus’ writings, Jewish Torah commentaries, Biblical geography, etc. Reading about Herodian era Roman provincial taxes might help one understand the situation of Matthew (Levi?) and Zacchaeus. There are modern testimonies of God’s mercies and miracles. I follow Guideposts on Facebook. They published testimonies.

Indeed, it isn't for everybody . . . but many get used to the style and end up liking it . . . So keep in mind . . . as we did all that exposition, we ended up touching on roughly half of the Bible, so 4 years to study half of the Bible isn't too bad . . . so if you keep it in perspective . . . and don't feel the "need" to "finish" on a time scale . . . it actually can be pretty enjoyable . . . Many who started with us didn't like it and felt compelled to finish faster to feel like they had officially accomplished something and left along the way. I understand their perspective, but it just isn't in me to lead it that way. After Matthew we did Joshua for 3 years, it took us 2 years to do Revelation, and 1 year for Hosea. We are currently in the Gospel of John. Unfortunately, we didn't go live on YouTube until we were almost finished with Hosea . . . but our entire John sessions are up as well as other studies I work on. Maybe check it out before giving a final judgment, but I agree, it is not for everyone for sure . . .

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you, SpiritFilledJM!

Indeed, it isn't for everybody . . . but many get used to the style and end up liking it . . . So keep in mind . . . as we did all that exposition, we ended up touching on roughly half of the Bible, so 4 years to study half of the Bible isn't too bad . . . so if you keep it in perspective . . . and don't feel the "need" to "finish" on a time scale . . . it actually can be pretty enjoyable . . . Many who started with us didn't like it and felt compelled to finish faster to feel like they had officially accomplished something and left along the way. I understand their perspective, but it just isn't in me to lead it that way. After Matthew we did Joshua for 3 years, it took us 2 years to do Revelation, and 1 year for Hosea. We are currently in the Gospel of John. Unfortunately, we didn't go live on YouTube until we were almost finished with Hosea . . . but our entire John sessions are up as well as other studies I work on. Maybe check it out before giving a final judgment, but I agree, it is not for everyone for sure . . .
In the Gospel of John Jesus ate the last supper during the day of preparation for the Passover. The Hebrew day begins as the sun dips below the horizon and stars begin to appear. The book, “Jerusalem During the Time of Jesus,” by Joachim Jeremias reported first century Jerusalem as described by Talmudic sources. Jeremias wrote Jesus was on the cross as the Passover lambs were being sacrificed in the temple in preparation for the Passover.

Upvote 0
Oct 26, 2021
In Christ (in El Paso, TX)
✟15,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the Gospel of John Jesus ate the last supper during the day of preparation for the Passover. The Hebrew day begins as the sun dips below the horizon and stars begin to appear. The book, “Jerusalem During the Time of Jesus,” by Joachim Jeremias reported first century Jerusalem as described by Talmudic sources. Jeremias wrote Jesus was on the cross as the Passover lambs were being sacrificed in the temple in preparation for the Passover.

Thanks for the info . . . we're not there yet . . . but I'll check it out once we are getting closer to the end . . . Currently in John Chapter 8.

Upvote 0