Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The last few years I have been astounded at the bad management decisions of Woke Hollywood and other similar places (The British series Doctor Who has done the same stuff). The Bad management from Disney with the Star Wars franchise another Biggy where I think, your average fan who grew up with the franchise, loves the Lore and Basic story setting and wants to make something that other similar fans would like would have done a vastly better job than Kathleen Kenedy did. And then came the Rings of Power... that seemed to set new precedents for spending train loads of money on Woken content, ignoring and deliberately mocking the established fans as a form of viral marketing...

Well if you follow entertainment News things with the Rings of Power were worse than anybody ever realized. It wasn't just that the Show Runners built a show that violated common sense, and basic customer service principles.... they really went out of their way to hire expensive market research., but ignored all the warnings. They actually told the market research company, that they were redefining the success criteria, and that their goals were more important than other success benchmarks. After that they looked for other market research companies on the West Coast that would give them results that matched closer to what they wanted in the first place, to give them rationalization to continue to develop their project until we eventually got the masterpiece that we got. :)

Only 37% of the Rings of power audience that started watching the Show continued and finished it. And there is no telling how many were "hate watching" to write content reviews for the columns, blogs, YouTube channels etc., or maybe watching it for the unintentional Mystery Science Theater 3000 style humor.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: DragonFox91

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
These things are written by soccer mom’s who don’t care about the material & were hired to meet diversity quotas. Watching Mandalorian Season 3, I kept thinking this is how mom's think SW is. They show behind-the-scenes footage, that’s who’s making up the “creative” teams. They give interviews, they say they're more concerned about pushing messages then entertaining.

I think Rings of Power just looked terrible in general. Sometimes the marketing of these things make them at least look okay (bait & switch) but this just looked bad from marketing. But I thought it still did pretty good ratings-wise?

Star Wars is really bad w/ all this nonsense. I REALLY HOPE the new Indiana Jones movie flops hard, but they figured out the ‘bait-and-switch' formula where you market it with the things people want to see when the real thing is just pushing narratives, so people will take the bait b/c they know the things wouldn't stand on their own. Hopefully they realize they were conned afterwards like people have picked up on Marvel, Star Wars, etc.

I can’t see Kennedy leaving SW for another few years, especially b/c she just revealed a bunch of new projects. She should've been fired after the last SW movie at the latest.

I remember telling people a few years ago Marvel wants to kill off their (A & B list) male characters & was told I was insane. What do you know, that's where we're at. Nothing wrong w/ female characters, but the the remaining male characters are buffoons, stupid, weak, cowards, etc. & the female heroes are C tier.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
These things are written by soccer mom’s who don’t care about the material & were hired to meet diversity quotas. Watching Mandalorian Season 3, I kept thinking this is how mom's think SW is. They show behind-the-scenes footage, that’s who’s making up the “creative” teams. They give interviews, they say they're more concerned about pushing messages then entertaining.
Yes, they really screwed up that show from what I hear watching YouTube videos from channels like Nerdrotic. I was planning on watching it by doing something eventually buying the episodes on Amazon, or maybe even buying a subscription to Disney for a few months. But I guess I will wait for it to eventually come onto Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime.

I found when Terminator Dark Fate came onto Netflix a few months after it was released in the theater, I was actually able to enjoy it as a complimentary action movie. I already knew and accepted all it's canon breaking stuff, so my expectation bar was lowered enough to enjoy what positive stuff the movie did have as a fan of the franchise and universe. Actually, that same thing was also true for the Force Awakens. I enjoyed some parts to the Second movie but hated the other half. I do have reservations on how much my low expectations will allow me to enjoy the third movie. It is a bad sign when film clips that are supposed to be designed to intrigue and entice you instead make the product look cheesy.

Upvote 0