• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Ricky Rebel rocks Grammys with pro - Trump jacket

Discussion in 'The Junk Drawer' started by Mountainmanbob, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Mountainmanbob

Mountainmanbob Goat Whisperer Supporter

+6,499
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican

The goats have invited this young man up top the mountain to share in a little goat mix.

We love flamboyant Trump supporters.

M-Bob

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. paul1149

paul1149 that your faith might rest in the power of God Supporter

+3,038
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Republican
    I think there's a reason the Grammy's viewership was the lowest in history. People are sick of the partisanship, exponentially so when it comes over the microphone.

3. Hammster

Hammster Sometimes nothin can be a real cool hand. Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+13,996
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Who?

4. Mountainmanbob

+6,499
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Sporty little guy.
    M-Bob

5. Shiloh Raven

Shiloh Raven Don't let the Muggles get you down.

+10,289
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Green
    Am I to understand that making a political statement at a famous awards show like that is perfectly acceptable as long as it shines a positive light on Trump? If so, then I think that's truly ironic because I remember a time when Meryl Streep was publicly vilified by Trump supporters for her critical political speech about Trump at the Golden Globes. Taylor Swift was also publicly vilified by Trump supporters over her political statement on voting. I think we all remember what happened to Natalie Maines a few years ago because of her controversial comments about former President George W. Bush.

6. Mountainmanbob

+6,499
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Why not -- the kid has guts to be a Trump supporter in Hollywood.
    MB

7. Hammster

Hammster Sometimes nothin can be a real cool hand. Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+13,996
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Have you ever complained about the liberals making political speeches at award shows?

8. Mountainmanbob

+6,499
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    They do it all the time and it's about time that Trump supporters get to have their little say.
    M-Bob

9. Hammster

+13,996
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    That didn’t answer the question.

10. Shiloh Raven

+10,289
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Green
    No, it didn't. He just moved the goalposts and totally avoided answering your question.

11. Mountainmanbob

+6,499
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican

This sporty little guy conducted himself in a very nice manner.

World of difference.

M-Bob

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  12. Hammster

+13,996
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    So it’s okay to be political as long as the goats aren’t offended.

Okay.

13. Mountainmanbob

+6,499
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Honestly I don't believe the goats care about those lost people.

Maybe you have an opinion regarding the matter?

M-Bob

14. Hammster

+13,996
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    I think it’s hypocritical to lambaste the left for political statements at award shows, but praise the right for doing the same thing.

15. Mountainmanbob

+6,499
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    What does that have to do with this nice young man??

Absolutely nothing.

M-Bob

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  16. Mountainmanbob

+6,499
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    When they speak towards Trump they seem to come from a hateful place calling him all kinds of names and dirty names.

This young man speaks of love that's the opposite of what's coming from the other side. Although we can bet that they will be bashing this nice young guy.

M-Bob

17. Shiloh Raven

+10,289
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Green
    I agree. I think it's hypocritical too.

18. Mountainmanbob

+6,499
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    The sweet young man talks about love now where have we heard that from the other side of the aisle for some reason no one or no time comes to mind.
    M-Bob

19. Bobber

Bobber Well-Known Member

+477
    Non-Denom
    I'm not sure that many lambaste the left for making political statements. I think most appreciate it's a free country but the entertainer does open the door to a great massive amount of people to be turned off of their stance. I also don't think most of them really are too much incensed with Trump to want to have to make a point about him but it's rather about the potential of career advancement. If you show in Hollywood you're singing from the same book as they guess who gets the calls when it comes to opportunities. I just don't believe some of them have such a great passion against Trump as they portray, again what do they get out of it for doing it.

20. Stanfordella

Stanfordella The will to do, the soul to dare

+7,436
    United States
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Kid? He's middle-aged. He's the exact same age as my friend's parents, and we are legal adults now. There are literally people his age who are already grandparents. Albeit they are unusually young, but as far as procreation goes it's certainly conceivable (awful pun intended, hahahaha). He built his career as a competitive dancer, and dancing tends to extend the appearance of youth. He's also wearing a lot of makeup, which is why you probably think he's much younger than he actually is.

It's very endearing and uplifting that you have such ebullient affection for someone who has been a passionate advocate for LGBT rights. :) I think it's obvious his outfit is an attempt to gain publicity for himself, but it's still sweet of you to see him with such hope and fondness.