Dec 29, 2006
✟427,704.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well this is surprising given the influence of Rick Warren and the Saddleback church...

"Southern Baptist Convention Disfellowships Saddleback Church

One of the country’s biggest and best-known megachurches, Saddleback Church, is no longer a part of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) after bringing on a female teaching pastor last year.

Saddleback was among five churches with female pastors who were deemed “no longer in friendly cooperation” with the denomination at a meeting of the SBC Executive Committee in Nashville on Tuesday.

The Lake Forest, California, congregation ordained three women from the stage in May 2021, a decision that rattled some Southern Baptists who believe the role of pastor is reserved for men. Then last year, Saddleback selected Andy Wood as Rick Warren’s successor and the church’s lead pastor, and his wife Stacie Wood came on as a teaching pastor."... Southern Baptist Convention Disfellowships Saddleback Church

I personally think this is just another issue that divides Christians rather than unite, as we saw in the Adventist church with womans ordination, but then what is the answer.

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well this is surprising given the influence of Rick Warren and the Saddleback church...

One of the country’s biggest and best-known megachurches, Saddleback Church, is no longer a part of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) after bringing on a female teaching pastor last year.

Saddleback was among five churches with female pastors who were deemed “no longer in friendly cooperation” with the denomination at a meeting of the SBC Executive Committee in Nashville on Tuesday.

The Lake Forest, California, congregation ordained three women from the stage in May 2021, a decision that rattled some Southern Baptists who believe the role of pastor is reserved for men. Then last year, Saddleback selected Andy Wood as Rick Warren’s successor and the church’s lead pastor, and his wife Stacie Wood came on as a teaching pastor."... Southern Baptist Convention Disfellowships Saddleback Church

I personally think this is just another issue that divides Christians rather than unite, as we saw in the Adventist church with womans ordination, but then what is the answer.
I'm not a Rick Warren fan nor am I associated in any way with the SBC. What I do know is Jesus Christ of Nazareth never commanded anyone to rule over the flock and this includes both men and women. Men and women were commanded to " spread the Good News " of the Kingdom of God. Focusing on gender roles is most definitely not His command. Blessings.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Luke 12

51 Do you think I have come to bring peace to the earth? No, I have come to divide people against each other!

Upvote 0

AgapeBible

Aug 26, 2007
USA/Florida
✟44,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The Bible says young women can learn from older women. Men can learn from men, the older men teach the younger men. Sometimes their are things men can learn from women, like their mothers, and wives. They have women that teach Sunday school, in public and private schools, women are teachers, they teach boys. I don't know about women being ordained, but I know women can teach other women and boys.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,704.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not a Rick Warren fan nor am I associated in any way with the SBC. What I do know is Jesus Christ of Nazareth never commanded anyone to rule over the flock and this includes both men and women. Men and women were commanded to " spread the Good News " of the Kingdom of God. Focusing on gender roles is most definitely not His command. Blessings.
I agree with that, but have an issue with the disunity and conflict brought on by many of the proponents of this issue. I think it can be brought forward in a much better and loving manner, rather than the no holds barred fight we have seen..

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

I was going to post on this some time ago as I think this is a big issue. I see this as an end times issue as the SBC is being moved by the Holy Spirit to keep one of the devil's last day deceptions out of the church.

Upvote 0