• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟51,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Since vaccines seem to be the issue with people on this forum I found an 8-year-old interview with Bill Maher and I don't get the impression that he's an anti-vaxxer. I'm glad this discussion came up because I don't know anything about RFK except for dad and uncle.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟196,077.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Time will tell if the Covid vaccine is safe. Lots of young people with heart issues after covid

It's refreshing to hear someone talk about something other than what I've heard for the last 15 years.
All we have heard for the last three years are anti-vaxxers and their conspiracies. How is this refreshing when the people 70% of Americans still have little use for anti-vaccination bloviators. The pandemic is over....move on.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟196,077.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
It's refreshing to hear someone talk about something other than what I've heard for the last 15 years.
All we have heard for the last three years are anti-vaxxers and their conspiracies. How is this refreshing when the people 70% of Americans still have little use for anti-vaccination bloviators. The pandemic is over....move on.

Upvote 0

Merrill

Mar 25, 2023
Chicago
✟66,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While I disagree with RFK on a number of issues, and I am not as anti-vax as he is (although I am suspicious of Big Pharma), he is correct on many things

(from his website)

1. Freedom of speech: while the Democrats argue for systematic limits on speech, hate-speech laws, partnerships with big-tech in order to shut down dissent or criticism of political officials, etc., and some members of the GOP are also going against free speech (especially on the Palestinian issue), RFK is solid on this.

2. Non-interventionism and the end of policing the world. Reduce military spending

3. Limit corporate welfare

Now that being said, RFK is very wrong on some stuff too. He is anti-nuclear-power (big problem), wants to hand out 3% mortgages to citizens (bad idea), and tends to be hostile to business.

The whole vaccine stuff is a smokescreen and basically a smear by establishment Democrats. Likewise, the whole "conspiracy theorist" appellation is partisan and generally inaccurate. The same people were calling those who thought the Chinese may have been covering things up in Wuhan "conspiracy theorists"

• Agree
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟51,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
While I disagree with RFK on a number of issues, and I am not as anti-vax as he is (although I am suspicious of Big Pharma), he is correct on many things

(from his website)

1. Freedom of speech: while the Democrats argue for systematic limits on speech, hate-speech laws, partnerships with big-tech in order to shut down dissent or criticism of political officials, etc., and some members of the GOP are also going against free speech (especially on the Palestinian issue), RFK is solid on this.

2. Non-interventionism and the end of policing the world. Reduce military spending

3. Limit corporate welfare

Now that being said, RFK is very wrong on some stuff too. He is anti-nuclear-power (big problem), wants to hand out 3% mortgages to citizens (bad idea), and tends to be hostile to business.

The whole vaccine stuff is a smokescreen and basically a smear by establishment Democrats. Likewise, the whole "conspiracy theorist" appellation is partisan and generally inaccurate. The same people were calling those who thought the Chinese may have been covering things up in Wuhan "conspiracy theorists"
I agree with you all. I too don't like his stance on nuclear but I do understand his fears. The 3% we can't afford. I do like his anti-war rhetoric. He has an interesting take on higher education but I feel the federal student aid program allowed the tuition to inflate.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟51,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"The whole vaccine stuff is a smokescreen and basically a smear by establishment Democrats. Likewise, the whole "conspiracy theorist" appellation is partisan and generally inaccurate. The same people were calling those who thought the Chinese may have been covering things up in Wuhan "conspiracy theorists"
Not including the Google smokescreen of 2 or 3 pages of anti-vax propaganda. His interview with Maher showed he wasn't anti-vax as the media makes him out to be. He said he was reluctant.

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟293,286.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
My bad, Since the MS media doesn't give him a lot of air time I found him on Youtube and my impression is that he wants safety in vaccines. In the 90's I noticed having to give my kids more vaccines than I had to take. When I looked into it a law was passed in the 80s that protected pharma from lawsuits which made me suspicious. RFK is labeled anti-vax but maybe he is anti "not studied" vax. This is my opinion and when anyone is demonized in this day in age I tend to find out why. I don't trust corporate-government. Peace

"However, when Robert F. Kennedy Jr and Del Bigtree requested that the HHS provide these thirty-two years’ worth of vaccine safety studies, no response was given from the federal government. This prompted Kennedy and Bigtree to file a court order, requesting the documents. The HHS responded, “The department’s search for records did not locate any records responsive to your request.” This means that HHS has broken the law since 1986 and refuses to hold vaccine companies accountable today. There have been no vaccine safety studies conducted in 32 years!"

Most of the above is totally false. In no particular order:

RFK is VERY anti-vax (he's just hiding it behing 'vaccine safety').

Del Bigtree did make a FOIA request to HHS for vaccine safety studies, with ICAN the represented in the subsequent lawsuit by JFK Jr. But, they dismissed the suit voluntarily and then totally misrepresented the reasons why. For a full understanding of why they're lying, read pages 66 through 71 of this Northwestern University law review:

Vaccine safety studies are conducted all the time - both for new vaccines and retrospectively to test old ones. Between 2014 and late 2020 there were 338 new vaccine safety studies identified across various scientific publications. The HSS specifically had committees formed in 2013 and 2014 to look at the safety of the childhood schedule and a major report was commissioned by HHS and concluded in 2014, finding that "serious harms were rare" from vaccines.

The US vaccine schedule didn't really change much between the 1970s and 1990s

Mid 1960s to late 1970s - 8 vaccinations in 7 separate injections
Late 1970s to mid 1980s - 7 vaccinations (bye smallpox!) in 3 sets of injections (5 injections total)
Mid 1980s to mid 1990s - 8 vaccinations in 6 separate of injections

The big changes to US vaccine schedules came around 1996 and again in the early 2000s. Vaccines were developed for pneumococcus, rotavirus, Hep A and Hep B and varicella. By 2010, the US vaccine schedule was 14 vaccinations in 9 separate injections.

I think that if you're living in the anti-vaccine/COVID-19 conspiracy space, then you probably see RFK Jnr as a credible candidate. Outside of that, he's an obvious loon.

Hans Blaster

Bald Hill, 1864
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟326,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Not including the Google smokescreen of 2 or 3 pages of anti-vax propaganda. His interview with Maher showed he wasn't anti-vax as the media makes him out to be. He said he was reluctant.

One interview with a soft-antivaxxer isn't enough to hide Kennedy's efforts against vaccines.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟51,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
RFK is VERY anti-vax (he's just hiding it behing 'vaccine safety').
It doesn't matter to me one way or another but the "VERY" still needs to be proven. But this is small potatoes compared to the bigger issues facing America in my book. I'll take his word for it from 8 years ago versus the hit job of the media. Curious, how many lawsuits 80s, 90s, 2000 to present against vaccines? I'm sure someone who is VERY anti-vax and a lawyer has many lawsuits. Peace

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,231,830.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
But this is small potatoes compared to the bigger issues facing America in my book
RFK Jr is small potatoes. He's not going to win the nomination, he's not going to win the presidency and were his last name something different he would be nothing more than someone's insufferable coworker who will not stop talking about our precious boldly fluids.. The only influence he can possibly have is as a spoiler candidate in states with tight margins.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟51,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
spoiler candidate in states with tight margins.
Probably and I was looking hard at Clinton but I like what R Perot had to say. I would like to see a debate with Trump and see how he reacts to Trump's bad-mouthing. All in all, I will vote for what I feel is the lesser of the evils.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,231,830.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I would like to see a debate with Trump and see how he reacts to Trump's bad-mouthing.
Not going to happen. Kennedy isn't going to be in any of the presidential debates and 'll be surprised if the former president is involved in any of the formal debates.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟293,286.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It doesn't matter to me one way or another but the "VERY" still needs to be proven. But this is small potatoes compared to the bigger issues facing America in my book. I'll take his word for it from 8 years ago versus the hit job of the media. Curious, how many lawsuits 80s, 90s, 2000 to present against vaccines? I'm sure someone who is VERY anti-vax and a lawyer has many lawsuits. Peace
Look up the history of the 'Children's Health Defense' and their leading role in spreading malinformation, misinformation and disinformation about vaccines. Then look up the chairman of that organisation. Then look up why they had to change their name.

This absolute dingleberry said he would end all research into infectious diseases if elected president. And that infectious diseases don't represent a major threat to human health. In 2023! After a pandemic had just killed 1 in 300 Americans.

Look who he associates with - it's wall to wall anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theorists galore. Not to mention fringe right wing and left wing groups with some very, very unfortunate views. The CHD conference this year even had ANDREW WAKEFIELD as a headlining speaker.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and sounds like a duck ...

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟51,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes after looking them up CHD is an anti-vax website.

Yes, a stupid comment by RFK Jr. pandering to CHD. The deaths caused by COVID-19 are partly due to Americans being unhealthy. I was suspicious of the fear (no vaccine for me) during that time and looked to get healthy through youtube. I lost a lot of weight and started reversing my Type 2 diabetes and I got sick with Covid twice the third time I didn't take the test. I'm 60+ so illnesses are more dangerous for me. My wife got sick around the same time but she got the vaccine.

We know who Trump and Biden associate with Russia and China so they say but I do get you about RFk and CHD.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hans Blaster

Bald Hill, 1864
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟326,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yes, a stupid comment by RFK Jr. pandering to CHD.

Pandering? Pandering!?

Kennedy is the Chairman of the Board and Chief legal counsel for CHD. He's up in it to his neck. (Currently on leave to "run" for president.)

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟51,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pandering? Pandering!?

Kennedy is the Chairman of the Board and Chief legal counsel for CHD. He's up in it to his neck. (Currently on leave to "run" for president.)
OK OK, relax dude. I get you. You act like I'm promoting him as my savior. I just saw him the other night and wanted to share his video for others to see. I AM NOT ANTI-VAX! but I am distrustful of groups, and corporations especially the media who demonize individuals for their greedy gains. The healthcare industry created this distrust in me about diseases. Gene2memE conversation had me look into it further it's way more productive than sarcasm. Also, as Desk Trauma mentioned he has a small chance of winning anyway but I like some of his ideas. Have we become this polarized?

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟196,077.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
The healthcare industry created this distrust in me about diseases. Gene2memE conversation had me look into it further it's way more productive than sarcasm. Also, as Desk Trauma mentioned he has a small chance of winning anyway but I like some of his ideas.
No. Donald Trump created( actually brought it mainstream) this distrust about vaccinations. while receiving vaccinations and the best healthcare in the world when he was sickened by Covid.

• Winner
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟51,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No. Donald Trump created( actually brought it mainstream) this distrust about vaccinations. while receiving vaccinations and the best healthcare in the world when he was sickened by Covid.
Lol, Trump hate again? I didn't trust the fear when the vaccine was rolled out. I've heard about vaccines long before Trump. When I'm feared into doing something I question it, this comes from a PSYOP manual I read while in the Army a long time ago.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟196,077.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Lol, Trump hate again? I didn't trust the fear when the vaccine was rolled out. I've heard about vaccines long before Trump. When I'm feared into doing something I question it, this comes from a PSYOP manual I read while in the Army a long time ago.
Trump hate? Trump truth. He was promoting alternative medications which were not recommended for Covid, to Americans.

He suggested looking into injecting disenfectants!

You must be really uninformed about what Trump did.

Upvote 0