• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Revisiting the Past

The4Rs

Oct 20, 2008
Dover, PA
✟7,665.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi,

I am a survivor of childhood abuse by an alcholic step-father. For seven years of my childhood I endured his abuse among other abuses prior to him. I built all these elaborate walls around my memories and I have all of these defense systems set up to protect myself.

I actually never knew I did this until a few months ago. God spoke to me one night and asked me why I did not share my gift of life with that little girl inside. A few days later I accepted Jesus and had her baptized. The abuse has impacted my relationship with God even more so since I have received Jesus for the inner child (the abused child). I keep waiting for God to punish me, leave me or reject me. I know what the truths are in the bible but it is like engrained in me to think and do opposite of what I know to be true. I have such a deep fear of him leaving or rejecting me. I have the gift of Prophesy and visions. So every night and some afternoons when I nap He gives me visions of things that are going to happen the next day or later that day. My pastor says that God always gives us encouraging and loving messages but I keep taking every one of the messages and turning them around to him telling me I am in trouble or I am falling. I will also read a devotional or the bible now and I have such a hard time.

I keep having these dreams that there is this party going on in the ball room but I won't go in the door. I am angry and am just in the lobby of the building. Outside of the building is darkness and all kinds of people doing bad things. I am afraid I will never enter through the door.

I don't know if anyone has or is going through this or maybe I am the only crazy person here but I could use some encouragement.

God Bless!

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Oh sweetie :hug:
I am sorry that you went through that.. and I know how hard it is when we start to take those walls down and face the memories.
But, sister, you did nothing wrong :hug: You were a victim, and that is not your fault.
God loves you, unconditionally and forever. He doesn't want to punish you, sweetie, He wants to hold you in His arms and wipe away your tears.

Deuteronomy 31:8
The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."
That is a promise. He is with you, and He loves you.. so much that it makes Him sing!

Zephaniah 3:17
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

I am praying for you, sweetie, and if you want to talk, please PM me any time :hug:

Upvote 0

Annie7

In Time!
Oct 31, 2008
✟145.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
The4Rs, thank you so much for sharing. It takes a lot of courage. I agree with my sister Criada, that you did nothing wrong. I too am learning this in counseling. It will take time! It is okay to be angry, that is part of the healing process. It is also hard for me at this time to even read my Bible. I find by listening to CD's or a Christian television program is much easier for me to deal with. Don't feel guilty. That is Satan's tool. Accept you are hurting, it is okay to feel this way now.

We are all here for you.

Upvote 0