✟312,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Revelation 2:22
Beware, I am throwing her on a bed, and those who commit adultery with her I am throwing into great distress, unless they repent of her doings;

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Revelation 2:23
And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he that searcheth the reins and hearts:
and I will give unto each one of you according to your works

Upvote 0

engine777

Jan 29, 2013
South west
✟16,623.00
Country
China
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Revelation 2:24
But to you I say, to the rest that are in Thyatira, as many as have not this teaching, who know not the deep things of Satan, as they are wont to say; I cast upon you none other burden.

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Revelation 2:27
and he shall rule them with a rod of iron, as the vessels of the potter are broken to shivers; as I also have received of my Father:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Revelation 3:3
Remember therefore how thou hast received and didst hear; and keep [it], and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee

Upvote 0

RitaKay

In The Miracle Zone
Oct 15, 2006
Hales Corners, Wisconsin
Visit site
✟121,763.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Revelation 3:4

Yet you have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their clothes. They will walk with me, dressed in white, for they are worthy.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Revelation 3:5
If you conquer, you will be clothed like them in white robes, and I will not blot your name out of the book of life; I will confess your name before my Father and before his angels.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Revelation 3:7
And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth and none shall shut, and that shutteth and none openeth:

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
3:8
I have known thy works; behold! I have set before thee a door -- opened, and no one is able to shut it,
because thou hast a little power, and didst keep My word, and didst not deny My name;

http://www.kingdombiblestudies.org/Revelation/rev54.htm
THE CHURCH IN PHILADELPHIA Part 54-56

The second church, of course, against which the Lord laid no charge, nor did He tell them to repent, was the church in Philadelphia. Because they kept the word of His patience, by which the kingdom of God is inherited, He gave them wonderful promises. To the church in Philadelphia the Lord said, “Hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.” These last words mean “that no man step into that place which was designed for thee.” For example, after the manner that Jacob stepped into Esau’s place; Judah stepped into Reuben’s place; David stepped into Saul’s place; Matthias stepped into Judas Iscariot’s place; the church stepped into Israel’s place.
The message is clear — God will have a victorious body, a company of overcoming sons of God, who shall within themselves overcome all things and be crowned with life, glory, authority, and power! Should we fail to move in and possess our inheritance in God, as the generation of Israelites who came out of Egypt did, the Lord will reach out and raise up others to take our place, and they will thus take our crown!

The “crown” is mentioned in connection with only two churches out of the seven: Smyrna and Philadelphia — God’s overcoming remnant!

Upvote 0

RitaKay

In The Miracle Zone
Oct 15, 2006
Hales Corners, Wisconsin
Visit site
✟121,763.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Revelation 3:9

I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars--I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
3:10
'Because thou didst keep the word of my endurance, I also will keep thee from the hour of the trial that is about to come upon all the oikoumene>3625<, to try those dwelling upon the land.

http://biblehub.com/revelation/3-10.htm

Verse 10. - Because thou didst keep (see notes on Revelation 1:3 and Revelation 2:26) the word of my patience, I also will keep thee.
In "I also will keep thee" the two pronouns are in emphatic contrast. From the hour of temptation. The phrase, τηρεῖν ἐκ, occurs elsewhere in the New Testament only in John 17:15 (comp. James 1:27, where we have τηρεῖν ἀπό, and 2 Thessalonians 3:3, φυλάσσειν ἀπό).

It is not certain that the common explanation, that ἀπό implies exemption from trial, while ἐκ implies preservation under trial, holds good. "Temptation" (πειρασμός) generally has no article in the New Testament (Matthew 6:13; Matthew 26:41; Mark 14:38, etc.; comp. especially Luke 8:13).
Here it has the article, as if "the temptation" were to be of no ordinary kind. The word does not occur elsewhere in St. John's writings. In order to bring substantive and verb into harmony, the Revised Version renders πειρασμός "trial," the word for "to try" being πειράσαι.

"World" here is not the κόσμος, "the ordered universe" (Revelation 11:15; Revelation 13:8; Revelation 17:8), but the οἰκυμένη, "the inhabited earth" (Revelation 12:9; Revelation 16:14). The phrase, "to dwell upon the earth," κατοικεῖν ἐπὶ τῆς γῆς, is peculiar to the Apocalypse (Revelation 6:10; Revelation 8:13; Revelation 11:10; Revelation 13:8, 14). "The hour of trial" seems to be that which Christ had foretold should precede his coming, especially the triumph of antichrist. Hence the declaration in the next verse. ..................................

Upvote 0