Retreat Pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProCommunioneFacior

I'm an ultra-traditionalist, run for your life ;)
Oct 30, 2003
Mesa, Arizona
Visit site
✟21,647.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Annabel Lee said:
Great pics, Brother Knight and what a beautiful cabin.

You know, in that first pic you look like a bunch of mountain men getting ready to go bear hunting. :)

..Okay, Catholic mountain men.

Wait until you see the pictures we took outside, if you thank the cabin is beautiful, wait until you see the nature of where we were at, although the pictures don't really capture it, it is gorgeous.

Upvote 0

ProCommunioneFacior

Oct 30, 2003
Mesa, Arizona
Visit site
✟21,647.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Here was our daily schedule:

6:30 Rising

7:30 Divine Office - Morning Prayer

8:00 Holy Sacrifice of the Mass

9:00 Angelus - Breakfast

10:00-11:00 First talk (some days) General confession (other days)

11:00 Break - Questions & Discussions

11:45 Midday prayers - Angelus

12:00 light lunch

1:00 2nd talk/General confessions

2:00-5:00 Freetime - reading/hiking/quiet discussions/meditation/prayer

5:45 Divine Office - Evening prayer

6:00 Angelus - supper with lively discussion (believe me they were lively and awesome)

7:00 Rosary/Night Prayer

7:45 Free time - Reading/Private Prayer/Quiet discussions

10:00 Grand silence

This was the schedule that we stuck to kind of. Our dinners actually lasted until about 8:30 with awesome discussions(spiritual) and then did the Rosary and night prayer.

Upvote 0

ProCommunioneFacior

Oct 30, 2003
Mesa, Arizona
Visit site
✟21,647.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Here are a couple of prayers that Fr. John compiled for us to pray on our own during the retreat:

Prayer in Reparation for the loss of Divine Grace

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; I ask of you this day Dear Father, that of your great bounty and liberality, you will vouchsafe to make me repair before my death all the loss of grace which I have incurred by my malice and misfortune and that you will vouchsafe to make me attain that degree of merit and perfection which you originally designed in me, although I have continually frustrated it by my infidelities; that you will vouchsafe to pardon me all the sins I have been the occasion of in others and to repair to them all the loss of grace which I have caused them; I ask these of you O most Holy Trinity, through the most Sacred Heart of Jesus, the most sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary, Mother of Jesus and the intercession of St. Joseph, humble and obedient patron of the Universal Church. Amen.

Prayer to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel
For the gift of Eternal Salvation

O most blessed and Immaculate Virgin, ornament and splendor of Carmel: you who regards with an eye of special kindness, those who wear the blessed scapular; look down also benignly upon me and cover me with the metal of your special protection; strengthen my weakness with your power, enlighten the darkness of my mind with your wisdom, increase in me faith, hope and charity and adorn my soul with such graces and virtue as will be ever pleaseing to your divine Son and you. Assist me in life and console me in death with your most amiable presents and present me to the most Holy and august Trinity as your devoted servant and child, that I may eternally bless and praise you in paradise. Amen. Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, be my salvation. Amen.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟445,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I love the cabin, so rustic, so masculine...so much the way I like them.

And I am so glad to see the friends in CF .:clap: Nice pics. ;)

LOL about the Baptist minister.

Reminds me of this tape I have from the priest who was/is stationed in Medjurgorje.
He said he was summoned late at night because one of his star pupils was possesssed, because he was playing with the ouija {?} I have to relisten to it...anyway, he stood stunned and didnt know what to do.

He was like.."I dont have any Holy Water." the teens looked at him and said.."Father bless water, you are a priest."...to which he was like "O yeah" :D

Reactions: epiclesis
Upvote 0

ShannonMcCatholic

I swallowed a bug
Feb 2, 2004
✟30,743.00
Faith
Catholic
proud2bcatholic said:
Here was our daily schedule:

6:30 Rising

7:30 Divine Office - Morning Prayer

8:00 Holy Sacrifice of the Mass

9:00 Angelus - Breakfast

10:00-11:00 First talk (some days) General confession (other days)

11:00 Break - Questions & Discussions

11:45 Midday prayers - Angelus

12:00 light lunch

1:00 2nd talk/General confessions

2:00-5:00 Freetime - reading/hiking/quiet discussions/meditation/prayer

5:45 Divine Office - Evening prayer

6:00 Angelus - supper with lively discussion (believe me they were lively and awesome)

7:00 Rosary/Night Prayer

7:45 Free time - Reading/Private Prayer/Quiet discussions

10:00 Grand silence

This was the schedule that we stuck to kind of. Our dinners actually lasted until about 8:30 with awesome discussions(spiritual) and then did the Rosary and night prayer.
*lol* sounds pretty much like my everyday! except there are always these pesky kid wanting something!

Upvote 0

Annabel Lee

Beware the Thought Police
Feb 8, 2002
Q'onoS
✟39,227.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
proud2bcatholic said:
Wait until you see the pictures we took outside, if you thank the cabin is beautiful, wait until you see the nature of where we were at, although the pictures don't really capture it, it is gorgeous.

What a perfect atmosphere for a retreat.

Upvote 0

Seek Ye First

Senior Veteran
Dec 19, 2004
✟18,367.00
Faith
Catholic
proud2bcatholic said:
Here are a couple of prayers that Fr. John compiled for us to pray on our own during the retreat:

Prayer in Reparation for the loss of Divine Grace

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; I ask of you this day Dear Father, that of your great bounty and liberality, you will vouchsafe to make me repair before my death all the loss of grace which I have incurred by my malice and misfortune and that you will vouchsafe to make me attain that degree of merit and perfection which you originally designed in me, although I have continually frustrated it by my infidelities; that you will vouchsafe to pardon me all the sins I have been the occasion of in others and to repair to them all the loss of grace which I have caused them; I ask these of you O most Holy Trinity, through the most Sacred Heart of Jesus, the most sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary, Mother of Jesus and the intercession of St. Joseph, humble and obedient patron of the Universal Church. Amen.

Prayer to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel
For the gift of Eternal Salvation

O most blessed and Immaculate Virgin, ornament and splendor of Carmel: you who regards with an eye of special kindness, those who wear the blessed scapular; look down also benignly upon me and cover me with the metal of your special protection; strengthen my weakness with your power, enlighten the darkness of my mind with your wisdom, increase in me faith, hope and charity and adorn my soul with such graces and virtue as will be ever pleaseing to your divine Son and you. Assist me in life and console me in death with your most amiable presents and present me to the most Holy and august Trinity as your devoted servant and child, that I may eternally bless and praise you in paradise. Amen. Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, be my salvation. Amen.

They are beautiful prayers.:)

Upvote 0

Seek Ye First

Senior Veteran
Dec 19, 2004
✟18,367.00
Faith
Catholic
BrotherKnight said:
Serious? Who you callin' serious?!?

hood.jpg

Haha!:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ProCommunioneFacior

Oct 30, 2003
Mesa, Arizona
Visit site
✟21,647.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well, I will personally say that it was a great retreat. As we've said before we prepared for the retreat by studying "Glories of Divine Grace" by Fr. Matthias Scheeben and "12 Steps to Holiness and Salvation" by St. Alphonsus de Ligouri. The lectures prepared by Father John were in the topic of grace, and the material mostly came from these two books. They were great lectures, and we recorded them.

I was sick almost all of the retreat, but still had a great experience.

We wore the scapulars on our way to the cabin and our way back. It was very interesting to experience what priests experience every day. People come up and talk to you and ask questions. People look at you strangely. We even had an American Airlines chaplain come up and talk to us. He told us he was a Catholic priest, then went on to tell us how awful Archbishop Burke was in regards to the St. Stanislaus parish, told us how priests should be married, how the Vatican discriminates against homosexuals, and then went on to tell us how great the Mormons are (he was carrying a Book of Mormon). So that was definitely an interesting experience. But we also met a seminarian, a devout Catholic father of 8(? is that correct Lee), people who talked to us about faith and their struggles. It was very interesting indeed, and definitely see how a priest wearing clericals can bring him opportunities to evangelize.

The retreat itself was great. Many prayers, many spirit filled discussions. Much time to be alone and isolated in nature and be silent.

We all took advantage of a general confession with Fr. John. Fr. John is a very devout, orthodox priest who absolutely loves his priesthood. He cares much about souls. So the opportunity to spend an hour or more with him to lay down all the junk in our life and receive spiritual direction was great.

I loved praying the Divine Office in community. I loved waking up and immediately praying the Divine Office and going to Mass. I loved praying the Rosary every night and going on Rosary walks during the day.

It was also great to pick the Thomistic mind of Fr. John. We had some amazing, mind blowing conversations about the priesthood, heaven, grace, hell, liturgy, the cosmos, and so many other wonderful topics.

I loved the crisp, fresh air. I loved having Russian and Gregorian chant on while doing dishes. I loved the great classical, spiritual music on for dinner.

What else do you have to add Lee?

Upvote 0

Seek Ye First

Senior Veteran
Dec 19, 2004
✟18,367.00
Faith
Catholic
proud2bcatholic said:
Well, I will personally say that it was a great retreat. As we've said before we prepared for the retreat by studying "Glories of Divine Grace" by Fr. Matthias Scheeben and "12 Steps to Holiness and Salvation" by St. Alphonsus de Ligouri. The lectures prepared by Father John were in the topic of grace, and the material mostly came from these two books. They were great lectures, and we recorded them.

I was sick almost all of the retreat, but still had a great experience.

We wore the scapulars on our way to the cabin and our way back. It was very interesting to experience what priests experience every day. People come up and talk to you and ask questions. People look at you strangely. We even had an American Airlines chaplain come up and talk to us. He told us he was a Catholic priest, then went on to tell us how awful Archbishop Burke was in regards to the St. Stanislaus parish, told us how priests should be married, how the Vatican discriminates against homosexuals, and then went on to tell us how great the Mormons are (he was carrying a Book of Mormon). So that was definitely an interesting experience. But we also met a seminarian, a devout Catholic father of 8(? is that correct Lee), people who talked to us about faith and their struggles. It was very interesting indeed, and definitely see how a priest wearing clericals can bring him opportunities to evangelize.

The retreat itself was great. Many prayers, many spirit filled discussions. Much time to be alone and isolated in nature and be silent.

We all took advantage of a general confession with Fr. John. Fr. John is a very devout, orthodox priest who absolutely loves his priesthood. He cares much about souls. So the opportunity to spend an hour or more with him to lay down all the junk in our life and receive spiritual direction was great.

I loved praying the Divine Office in community. I loved waking up and immediately praying the Divine Office and going to Mass. I loved praying the Rosary every night and going on Rosary walks during the day.

It was also great to pick the Thomistic mind of Fr. John. We had some amazing, mind blowing conversations about the priesthood, heaven, grace, hell, liturgy, the cosmos, and so many other wonderful topics.

I loved the crisp, fresh air. I loved having Russian and Gregorian chant on while doing dishes. I loved the great classical, spiritual music on for dinner.

What else do you have to add Lee?

Let us therefore strive to enter that rest. Heb. 4:11:)

I'm really happy for you and thanks for sharing your experience.:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.