Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
we would not have a pastor in every parish
because we would not have priests
because women are incapable of being priests
so no liturgy
How can you limit God? Francis teaches that God is revealed through people. What is more important, feeding souls or denying those who thirst?

Upvote 0

stray bullet

God Made Me A Skeptic
Nov 16, 2002
✟20,457.00
Marital Status
Private
we would not have a pastor in every parish
because we would not have priests
because women are incapable of being priests
so no liturgy

Liturgy is a very vague term, women can lead a liturgy, I believe, just not a Mass. You are right though - simulating women being ordained and telling people they are priests means false communion.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
How can you limit God? Francis teaches that God is revealed through people. What is more important, feeding souls or denying those who thirst?

I am not limiting God

but I am being faithful to the reveled truth that God has made known to us

women can not be priests, this is the teaching of the Church that was founded by Christ and guided by the Holy Spirit

for women to dress up and ape at being a priest would be a rejection of the wishes of our Lord, who choose only men to be Apostles

we are called not to be rebels to the King of All Creation
we are called to be His faithful servants

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Women lead liturgy of the hours in convents all the time, probably for many centuries.

Yeah but that is different from the Divine Liturgy (The Mass). As Stray points out liturgy is a vague term. I think we all know what was meant.

Reactions: benedictaoo
Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

Well Pope Francis also confirmed that the question of women being priests has been decided by the Church and is not for real discussion that will change anything.

As he said:

"The church has spoken and says no ... That door is closed."

He added: "With regards to the ordination of women, the Church has spoken and says no. Pope John Paul [II] said so with a formula that was definitive. That door is closed."

And JPII's formula was indeed definitive. Theologically it can not change. I suppose people can discuss it as an exercise and make the arguments they make. But the way the Church works it can not change.

As far as denying those who thirst...it depends what they thirst for. If they thirst for God but want to have that thirst satisfied in a way that He says no to; then it is not a charity to allow that.

Like I said before, I am not personally opposed to talking about it and discussing why and why not. But I see no way to overcome the constant teaching of the Church on the matter. I also see no reason to overcome the constant teaching of the Church on the matter. But, with rare exceptions, I discussion is healthy. So I would like to see the Bishop, as a private theologian as he is, state his case. But I do not expect it to counter what exists in the long run.

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Well Pope Francis also confirmed that the question of women being priests has been decided by the Church and is not for real discussion that will change anything.

As he said:

"The church has spoken and says no ... That door is closed."

He added: "With regards to the ordination of women, the Church has spoken and says no. Pope John Paul [II] said so with a formula that was definitive. That door is closed."

And JPII's formula was indeed definitive. Theologically it can not change. I suppose people can discuss it as an exercise and make the arguments they make. But the way the Church works it can not change.

As far as denying those who thirst...it depends what they thirst for. If they thirst for God but want to have that thirst satisfied in a way that He says no to; then it is not a charity to allow that.

Like I said before, I am not personally opposed to talking about it and discussing why and why not. But I see no way to overcome the constant teaching of the Church on the matter. I also see no reason to overcome the constant teaching of the Church on the matter. But, with rare exceptions, I discussion is healthy. So I would like to see the Bishop, as a private theologian as he is, state his case. But I do not expect it to counter what exists in the long run.

Hi,

I understand now what you meant, I think. You would like him, not someone else explain why he thinks some women, just like some only males, can be priests?

All priests or deacons I imagine, are called by God, and in my case that is so. However in all places some of them, it is very hard to see why God called them. In some cases it seems, they called themselves. It is and was not God.

You are aking for his , reasons, and no one elses. I did not know that before this response.

LOVE,
...Mary Katie., .... .

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Well it is not even why some women, but how it is possible for any woman to enter the ordained priestly ministry. In the Theology revealed by God to the Catholic Church it is not possible. Unless he has some argument that the Pope's have not already refuted.

I think, that since he wrote what he wrote...we will see more in the future on just how he thinks it is possible even though the Church does not.

Reactions: benedictaoo
Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Well it is not even why some women, but how it is possible for any woman to enter the ordained priestly ministry. In the Theology revealed by God to the Catholic Church it is not possible. Unless he has some argument that the Pope's have not already refuted.

I think, that since he wrote what he wrote...we will see more in the future on just how he thinks it is possible even though the Church does not.

Hi,

The church as you recall has apologized for a few things. And although I am sort of an expert on God, Trinitarianly, and what I was taught by my teacher Biblically, church rules and the way they word things, is not my expertise. My knowledge is of God, by way of what I had to know, in order to answer that Single question, that He had put to me in late 2007.

So, what you say, and the theologically infallible it is, belongs at this time to others, in God's world to work on, almost exclusively.

Faustina and others, seem to remind the church of things that are forgotten. I think Divine Mercy Sunday, is merely a reminder of what once existed in the church, but was forgotten about over time.

I am, who I say I am, and that is confirmed by a Test given to me, but verified to a Spiritual Director of The Roman Catholic Church, as being confirmed by The Holy Spirit Himself, so it is binding upon me for all of eternity, and beyond, if that makes any sense right now.

My view to you, from my background, is not what you asked for. I thought you had asked for it.

But, I sure hope Paul's comments, which are very clear, are not indeed somehow not understood precisely the way God meant those words to be understood then, but by a different meaning now, then, then.

LOVE,
...Mary Katerina., .... .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Erose

Jul 2, 2010
✟67,781.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would like to point out that all of this has been tried before, and please can anyone tell me how well it has helped the Anglican communions?

Last I checked their numbers are still dropping, and it is at risk of dying out altogether, if something doesn't get better.

So if doing all these things hasn't helped the Anglicans how on earth is it going to help us?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
But a woman priestess would invalid the Mass itself. This is not within anyone's control. Not even the pope. The Mass would be invalid if a woman were to say the Mass no matter how many popes gave a go ahead.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Also, I think it's worth mentioning JPll didn't have to be speaking ex cathedra to be speaking from the chair of Peter. There is the ordinary magisterium and the extraordinary. He spoke (and this one, Francis, too) from the chair in the capacity of his office confirming, upholding, transmitting and protecting the deposit of faith that Jesus and the apostles gave to us. The matter really is closed because this is something that comes from Jesus so those who are hoping are wasting a lot of energy and effort.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I would like to point out that all of this has been tried before, and please can anyone tell me how well it has helped the Anglican communions?

Last I checked their numbers are still dropping, and it is at risk of dying out altogether, if something doesn't get better.

So if doing all these things hasn't helped the Anglicans how on earth is it going to help us?

The Anglicans, the Methodist, some of the Lutheran synods
not really groups we want to be mimicking

@benedictaoo you make a good point about the ordinary infallibility of the Magisterium
this has been the teaching in both East and West since the beginning
we are NOT called to be theological innovators, but rather to pass down the true faith which has been revealed by God

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi,

At a certain point, Jesus told what would be the up and coming Bishops of the day something, that is a painful lesson to me, until I leaned it.

The lesson is the lesson from Mark 9:38-42, and probably Romans 14 also. And, for me that applies more than it does for anyone here it seems.

How I learned the lesson here, was by actually feeling how upset God was with me.

LOVE,

Upvote 0

stray bullet

God Made Me A Skeptic
Nov 16, 2002
✟20,457.00
Marital Status
Private
Hi,

At a certain point, Jesus told what would be the up and coming Bishops of the day something, that is a painful lesson to me, until I leaned it.

The lesson is the lesson from Mark 9:38-42, and probably Romans 14 also. And, for me that applies more than it does for anyone here it seems.

How I learned the lesson here, was by actually feeling how upset God was with me.

LOVE,

And the problem is when people offer things under the guise of sacraments.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
The topic has discussed "women priests" and non-Catholic faith groups.

Hi,

And how is discussing those two items, offerings, under the guise of Sacraments, what ever 'guise of Sacraments' means to you.?

LOVE,

Upvote 0

Searching_for_Christ

simul justus et peccator
Nov 14, 2009
In my mind.
✟18,609.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sounds like be means to say that outside of the Roman Catholic church most church bodies do not have calls sacraments and thus says that these things are only offered under the guise of sacraments, since they are not really sacraments to begin with.

Upvote 0