• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Restraining order

Discussion in 'Singles (Only*)' started by radhead, Aug 6, 2008.

1. radhead

radhead Contributor

+548
    Seeker
    Single
    Has anyone here ever had to issue a restraining order (or some equivalent) against someone?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. unkalledfor

unkalledfor Guest

+0
    Baseball Bat > Restraining order

but.. seriously speaking i recently had a stalker-ish situation, it was pretty creepy... she kept finding out things about me somehow.. like where i was, who i was with.. some people just don't know how to get a hint.. she told one of my cousins "I'm going to marry him and he doesn't even know it"... my cousin was like... ummm okkkk

she still coming to my church but she's calmed down a bit for now...that I know of.. lol

It's pretty awkward when i see her... because she looks at me pretty creepy, kinda like a stalker look.. donno how to explain it..

3. traingosorry

traingosorry I'm what Willis was talkin' bout.

+933
    Christian
    Private
    yes.

Against Coach.

But he's been ok lately.

Otherwise no. Have you, Rad?

4. radhead

radhead Contributor

+548
    Seeker
    Single
    Fortunately, no. But I considered it. I did have a sort of "almost" stalker I had to deal with at a workplace once. But we have communicated and have become good friends. She is seeing someone else now.

5. Wren

Wren Well-Known Member

+2,194
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    I've had a stalker in RL, but it never got so far out of hand that I needed a restraining order (a few phone calls to the police eventually took care of it).

6. oncewaslost

oncewaslost owl

+129
    Calvinist
    Single
    i've threatened... but no.

7. unkalledfor

unkalledfor Guest

+0
    Talking to friends I was surprised to find that a lot of my friends have had some sort of stalker-ish/stage-5-clinger experience some point in their lives.. lol

8. Blank123

Blank123 Legend

+3,445
    Catholic
    Married
    nope.

9. .Mikha'el.

.Mikha'el. Mod Queue Spam Troll Banner Extraordinaire! Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+2,496
    Canada
    Messianic
    Single
    No.

10. Apollo Celestio

Apollo Celestio Deal with it.

+1,257
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    US-Green
    No, but getting one is on my to do list. (Against batman.)

11. overit

overit Veteran

+671
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    I had to get a protection order from my husband-that was a very hard yet necessary thing to do. My cousin once has a seriously psychotic exbf that was a stalker-his stalking spilled over into my life and my home. When she got the restraining order it included him being prohibited to contact any of her family including myself, my kids, etc.They guy was a piece of work-it got so bad that on one of his calls to me (to find her) when he threatened suicide for the million time I yelled at him: Why don't you just do it for once and put us out of our misery-let me know if I can help .....tell you what he's still live and kicking but didn't call me again :)