A sinner
Nov 17, 2003
✟15,824.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Greetings Brothers and Sisters!

I would like to respecfully ask for your opinion of the Shroud of Turin? I am absolutely captivated by it, and fascinated with it, and its history. Do you believe that it is really an image of our Lord? To come right out with it, my personal opinion from all that I have read, is that it is indeed "real" and it is a miracle and a mystery. I am very much interested in anything you have to share about it.
Thank you!
:hug:

Suzannah

A sinner
Nov 17, 2003
✟15,824.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hello Philip!

Thank you so much for sharing your opinion. I read the Pope's opinion of it, on this website:

http://sindone.torino.chiesacattolica.it/en/past/papagp.htm

And I was captivated by his words and whether it is "real" or not, I just could not help but feel reverence for the defenders of the faith who have preserved such mysteries for us. I am really interested in it and I bought a book about it. The latest news was that it was "restored" in 2002 and it will not go on exhibition again until 2025. I am happy I can come here and ask your opinion of things, though! Thank you!
:)
In Christ,
Suzannah

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I've read several books on the Shroud of Turin written by scientists who did experiments on it. Research locates the Burial Cloth of Christ as present in an Orthodox Church in Constantinople where it was on public display until taken by Venetian sailors. Many Orthodox Icons of Christ have the same features as displayed in the Shroud.

Personally I believe that the Shroud of Turin is the burial cloth of Our Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

nicodemus

Orthodox Christian
Nov 21, 2003
Florida
Visit site
✟9,414.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Our parish has a video in the parish library about the Shroud of Turin made by the History Channel (I think). It's certainly interesting though. If you can rent the video from your local public library, it is definately worth watching.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.