Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Added by staff on 10/July/2021:

Post Millennialism Safe House:

Members who chose to participate in this safe house should believe in Post Millennialism (see definition below). This thread is for discussing end time events and prophecy (Biblical) from an Post Millennial point of view. Fellowship posts from all members are welcome.
  • This safe house thread is for those members who believe in Post Millennialism.

• The safe house is for discussion and not for debate. Debate is defined as: "Engaging in argument by discussing opposing points."

• Members who do not believe in Post Millennialism may post in fellowship only.

• No posts from this safe house may be quoted in other threads or used to start discussion threads in the main Eschatology forum
Postmillennialism
In Christian eschatology (end-times theology), postmillennialism, or postmillenarianism, is an interpretation of chapter 20 of the Book of Revelation which sees Christ's second coming as occurring after (Latin post-) the "Millennium", a Golden Age in which Christian ethics prosper.[1] The term subsumes several similar views of the end times, and it stands in contrast to premillennialism and, to a lesser extent, amillennialism (see Summary of Christian eschatological differences).

Postmillennialism holds that Jesus Christ establishes his kingdom on earth through his preaching and redemptive work in the first century and that he equips his church with the gospel, empowers her by the Spirit, and charges her with the Great Commission (Matt 28:19) to disciple all nations. Postmillennialism expects that eventually the vast majority of people living will be saved. Increasing gospel success will gradually produce a time in history prior to Christ's return in which faith, righteousness, peace, and prosperity will prevail in the affairs of men and of nations. After an extensive era of such conditions Jesus Christ will return visibly, bodily, and gloriously, to end history with the general resurrection and the final judgment after which the eternal order follows.
From Wikipedia

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope this thread will serve as a collection of resources for those considering this perspective.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Last edited by a moderator:

JM

Coram Deo.
Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟738,796.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
From Hammster: We are making this post a compilation of links that we post so that there will be a one-stop easy reference.

Free Books

A Study of American Postmillenialism by Kim Riddlebarger (Riddlebarger is Amil and has written some fantastic books explaining that perspective.) site

Essays on The Covenantal Kingdom (in depth) site

Always Victorious by F. N. Lee site

Before Jerusalem Fell by Ken Gentry (massive work that proves the writing of Revelation was before 70 a.d.) pdf

Search: Postmillennialism | SermonAudio

#DatPostmil Podcast - Reconstructionist Radio

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

JM

Coram Deo.
Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟738,796.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Upvote 0

JM

Coram Deo.
Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟738,796.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Wiki:

In Christian end-times theology (eschatology), postmillennialism, or postmillenarianism, is an interpretation of chapter 20 of the Book of Revelation which sees Christ's second coming as occurring after (Latin post-) the "Millennium", a Golden Age in which Christian ethics prosper.[1] The term subsumes several similar views of the end times, and it stands in contrast to premillennialism and, to a lesser extent, amillennialism (see Summary of Christian eschatological differences).

Postmillennialism holds that Jesus Christ establishes his kingdom on earth through his preaching and redemptive work in the first century and that he equips his church with the gospel, empowers her by the Spirit, and charges her with the Great Commission (Matt 28:19) to disciple all nations. Postmillennialism expects that eventually the vast majority of people living will be saved. Increasing gospel success will gradually produce a time in history prior to Christ's return in which faith, righteousness, peace, and prosperity will prevail in the affairs of men and of nations. After an extensive era of such conditions Jesus Christ will return visibly, bodily, and gloriously, to end history with the general resurrection and the final judgment after which the eternal order follows.

Postmillennialism was a dominant theological belief among American Protestants who promoted reform movements in the 19th and 20th centuries such as abolitionism[2] and the Social Gospel.[3] Postmillennialism has become one of the key tenets of a movement known as Christian Reconstructionism. It has been criticized by 20th century religious conservatives as an attempt to immanentize the eschaton.

BTW; I and many others do not watch videos that promote a certain view.
Sola scripture please.

Sola scriptura or solo scripture? The Bible assume all have a sin nature that we war against it (Romans, the entire epistle), scripture teaches that no one is perfect and therefore we workout our theology in the community of the church. I could repeat the scriptural arguments from the links above but that is redundant. The videos and links deal with scripture and scripture alone. Don't be afraid to learn from other Christians.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Last edited:
Reactions: yellowMan
Upvote 0

JM

Coram Deo.
Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟738,796.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
@Hammster you can wade through some of the following sermons.

Search: Postmillennialism | SermonAudio

Greg Bahnsen has some sermons on there worth listening to. I'm still more of a Historicist, and yes there is crossover between orthodox preterism and Historicism.

Historicist Only - Historicist Resources

What a difference it would make if Christians returned to the truth of biblical Postmillennialism! “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you… " The pessimism of Premil and even most strains of Amil have dampened the church's desire to win souls, we need a biblical understanding of eschatology to restore our optimism for victory...after all, "why polish brass on a sinking ship."

Worldview matters. Presuppositions matter.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JM

Coram Deo.
Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟738,796.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Just ordered Postmillennialism by Mathison and The Mission of God by Boot. Both look to be interesting works.

I've read about 100 pages of Mathison's book and found it excellent. I'm taking my time as I work through it, making notes and looking up the scriptures as I go. I ordered The Puritan Hope mentioned in the video and will start that before long.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Upvote 0

JM

Coram Deo.
Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟738,796.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Matthew 13:31-33 NKJV
Another parable He put forth to them, saying: "The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and sowed in his field, [32] which indeed is the least of all the seeds; but when it is grown it is greater than the herbs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and nest in its branches." [33] Another parable He spoke to them: "The kingdom of heaven is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal till it was all leavened."

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟780,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Amil and Postmil, where they are similar and where they differ.

Do you consider him correct? For example, he says PostMillenialists are of the opinion that the majority of people just before the end will be believers. Or is that just the opinion of some, maybe most, Post M?

It is said that the majority view of the old Reformers, was Amil; do we then suppose that to be the case nowadays? From where many of us (Reformed) come, we tend to assume a premil POV. I have not really studied a canvassing of Calvinists, but having been brought up in a fundamentalist semi-dispensational atmosphere (with certain people close to me holding their tongue in their cheek, but keeping their mouth closed) I have always assumed there was going to be a literal thousand year reign of Christ upon the earth, though that always did bring up all sorts of questions, (like, this earth, or just what?) and apparent contradictions for me.

I will have to look into this further. Thanks.

Upvote 0

JM

Coram Deo.
Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟738,796.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Do you consider him correct? For example, he says PostMillenialists are of the opinion that the majority of people just before the end will be believers. Or is that just the opinion of some, maybe most, Post M?

China is on the verge of being the biggest Christian nation, India and Africa as well as the Middle East are experience phenomenal church growth. Even though Christians are not suppose to get our eschatology from the news or polls this trend is hopeful.

Protestant Christianity is booming in China

Chinese Communist Party threatened by growth of the Church - Mission Network News

Postmillennialism: The Final Apostasy and Rebellion? by Loraine Boettner – Grace Online Library

It is said that the majority view of the old Reformers, was Amil;

Amil and Postmil were not two separate systems of eschatology until the 1800's.

do we then suppose that to be the case nowadays?

I believe most are Amil today.

From where many of us (Reformed) come, we tend to assume a premil POV.

You would likely get a mixed bag if you polled Reformed Baptists but most paedobaptists would likely show themselves to be Amil. Premil is often held by Calvinistic (not Reformed) Baptists like John MacArthur.

I have not really studied a canvassing of Calvinists, but having been brought up in a fundamentalist semi-dispensational atmosphere (with certain people close to me holding their tongue in their cheek, but keeping their mouth closed) I have always assumed there was going to be a literal thousand year reign of Christ upon the earth, though that always did bring up all sorts of questions, (like, this earth, or just what?) and apparent contradictions for me.

I will have to look into this further. Thanks.

The 'thousand years' is a real period of time but not limited to just 1,000 years.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JM

Coram Deo.
Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟738,796.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Postmillennial Chart jm feileadhmor.png

My draft of a postmil chart.

Upvote 0

JM

Coram Deo.
Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟738,796.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
"this generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled" Matthew 24:34 is the restatement of the warning given to the scribes and pharisees that their judgement would "come upon this generation" Matthew 23:26 That means the judgement found in Matthew 24 happened during the 1st century proving Christ's words.

Futurists deny Christ's prophetic statements by ignoring the plain, literal meaning of "this generation" (a 40 year period) which happens to work out perfectly to 70 a.d.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Upvote 0