Give me Liberty ...Or a pie in the face
Feb 10, 2004
Way down yonder in the paw paw patch
✟22,387.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am sorry to say the I find this to be FALSE DOCTRINE since the Flood of Noah was world wide to destroy ALL of mankind because they were so wicked. It was NOT local as this person states.

sorry to burst you bubble but check the Scriptures.

Upvote 0

theseed

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Clarksville, TN
Visit site
✟30,488.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Tenorvoice said:
I am sorry to say the I find this to be FALSE DOCTRINE since the Flood of Noah was world wide to destroy ALL of mankind because they were so wicked. It was NOT local as this person states.

sorry to burst you bubble but check the Scriptures.
Your not bursting my bubble, read the OP.

Upvote 0

chappie82

Mar 11, 2004
European Union
✟120.00
Faith
Christian
Hi guys,

Imagine the first people to see what we call the (American) Grand Canyon. They could have, if they'd had prior knowledge of flooding, thought that what caused that must have been some BIG Rascal flood! Not any different in the Biblical Flood.

The 'flood' that caused the Grand Canyon is not likely to have affected the Eastern US (in other words it didn't lap over the Rocky Mts!); neither did the Noanic 'flood' affect NW Europe or Central Africa or Turkmenistan. :) Ancient cultures remembered all sorts of natural, climatic catastrophes; Noah's 'flood' is another one in that category.

On the other hand, since the Earth is continually growing in size, i.e., the Earth's plates are expanding... then there was a time when the planet on which we live was, trillions of years ago, a lot smaller... so any flood would have seemed bigger to those to whom it happened...'cause 'their' planet WAS smaller!! :) :)

Call it local or call it regional... but don't say it happened to the WHOLE planet. It couldn't have, it didn't. That's a geographical and geological impossibility. Our friend 'the seed' and 'his' website offer sensible data. I agree.

The point is that this story is one that the Hebrew people claimed as their own, one that sounds like a lot of their middle eastern and near eastern neighbours' stories. They didn't know the 'world' was any larger than their little corner of it... AND they thought that the Earth was 'flat.' And Yes! a flat surface will flood a lot easier than a spherical one. Any primary school science experiment will prove that! bless, 82

Upvote 0

theseed

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Clarksville, TN
Visit site
✟30,488.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1)It would not matter if it is flat or round as long as there is gravity pulling in all directios. Most ofthe world is flooded right now, with 70% of it being covered with water.

2)Now, it may be that there was only one continant before the flood, whether you believe in young earth or old.

3)I think the website does have alot to offer, even if you don't agree with all of it, it answers alot of hard questions that I never would have thought of.

4)I think there was a flood, and proof of that exist in other cultures as well as the Hebrews. The concenus is evidence to me.

5)I saw on TV once that salt minds have been found high in the mountains, indicating an oceanic flood.

6)The universe is only 15-20 billion years old, but I suppose you were being hyperbolic with the "trillions" comments.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.