Yorkshire
✟2,804.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Today has been a battle for me, for temptation was strong today I felt like I was in a real battle with the enemy. I won this battle today though, and it is thanks in no small part to people like yourselves on this forum. God's soldiers, anyway onwards we march.

Sean5151

Jul 23, 2020
Yorkshire
✟2,804.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Read the Psalms soon as you can, if you haven't already.

What Psalms would you suggest I read OrthodoxWanderer?
Yesterday I had to deal with lustful thoughts that seemed to just come out of nowhere,
today I'm having to deal with gossipers. This is exactly why I strayed from the path of Christianity before, everytime I try to follow Gods word, it seems like the devil is at work trying to throw me off the path, I'm sure of it. It is so hard not to be effected, I'm trying my best to change my ways. I really need all the help I can get this is a real spiritual battle I am in.

Upvote 0

icxn

Bραδύγλωσσος αἰπόλος μαθητεύων κνίζειν συκάμινα
Dec 13, 2004
✟210,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
today I'm having to deal with gossipers. This is exactly why I strayed from the path of Christianity before, everytime I try to follow Gods word, it seems like the devil is at work trying to throw me off the path, I'm sure of it...
Here's your shield against those:

Psalm 101:
1 I will sing to thee, O Lord, of mercy and judgment; I will sing a psalm, 2 and I will be wise in a blameless way. When wilt thou come to me? I walked in the innocence of my heart, in the midst of my house*. 3 I have not set before mine eyes any unlawful thing; I have hated transgressors. 4 A perverse heart has not cleaved to me; I have not known an evil man, forasmuch as he turns away from me. 5 Him that privily speaks against his neighbour, him have I driven from me: he that is proud in look and insatiable in heart,-- with him I have not eaten. 6 Mine eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me: he that walked in a perfect way, the same ministered to me. 7 The proud doer dwelt not in the midst of my house; the unjust speaker prospered not in my sight. 8 Early** did I slay all the sinners of the land*, that I might destroy out of the city* of the Lord all that work iniquity.​

______
* Your house, your land and your city is your heart. Those who speak evil thereat are the demons, whether they use men to do so or directly through our thoughts.
** Early means the minute you detect an evil thought you should resist it by calling upon Christ and recalling appropriate verses from scripture.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath
✟1,002,191.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Jesus came to save sinners. The road can be very bumpy indeed my friend.

Temptations etc flood the mind.

Only one thing you need to do.

Put your trust in Jesus. Get up after every setback and return to the open arms of Jesus. Keep doing that. Persevere. Be strong.

Yes, the devil will win many battles but remember one thing. He aint ever going to win the war!

Viva Cristo Rey

God bless you

Upvote 0

Sean5151

Jul 23, 2020
Yorkshire
✟2,804.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Psalm 50, 70, and 91 are good ones to start with, but I meant spending time with the Psalms in entirety. When was the last time you studied them? What is your Bible study and prayer life like?
I have only just started reading the bible again after not reading for quiet a long time.
I have started reading a little bit every day. I'm reading from the beginning and I'm coming toward the end of exodus. I guess I'm spending 20 minutes or so a day.
I did skip forward to read some random psalms today though.
Thanks I appreciate your help.

Upvote 0

Sean5151

Jul 23, 2020
Yorkshire
✟2,804.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here's your shield against those:

Psalm 101:
1 I will sing to thee, O Lord, of mercy and judgment; I will sing a psalm, 2 and I will be wise in a blameless way. When wilt thou come to me? I walked in the innocence of my heart, in the midst of my house*. 3 I have not set before mine eyes any unlawful thing; I have hated transgressors. 4 A perverse heart has not cleaved to me; I have not known an evil man, forasmuch as he turns away from me. 5 Him that privily speaks against his neighbour, him have I driven from me: he that is proud in look and insatiable in heart,-- with him I have not eaten. 6 Mine eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me: he that walked in a perfect way, the same ministered to me. 7 The proud doer dwelt not in the midst of my house; the unjust speaker prospered not in my sight. 8 Early** did I slay all the sinners of the land*, that I might destroy out of the city* of the Lord all that work iniquity.​

______
* Your house, your land and your city is your heart. Those who speak evil thereat are the demons, whether they use men to do so or directly through our thoughts.
** Early means the minute you detect an evil thought you should resist it by calling upon Christ and recalling appropriate verses from scripture.

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

• Friendly
Reactions: icxn
Upvote 0

Sean5151

Jul 23, 2020
Yorkshire
✟2,804.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus came to save sinners. The road can be very bumpy indeed my friend.

Temptations etc flood the mind.

Only one thing you need to do.

Put your trust in Jesus. Get up after every setback and return to the open arms of Jesus. Keep doing that. Persevere. Be strong.

Yes, the devil will win many battles but remember one thing. He aint ever going to win the war!

Viva Cristo Rey

God bless you

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums