Hamilton
✟23,837.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello everybody - apologies in advance if this is the wrong section! I'm new and it's sort of gifts related sort of not (I'm not sure). So I figured I'd start here.

I have no idea what kind of gift it is but historically I get... messages. Typically not from the mouths of the dead, to clarify. If someone says something in my dreams, it's directly related to them, and they've always been alive. It's happened all my life I just... know things. When it's important for me to know, God will let me know. I'm doubting myself for several reasons and you'll see below. I haven't had a "message" in a long time, and I just figured he didn't need to send me one, I didn't really think anything was wrong (usually they aren't good, they're a warning that I action and then a bad thing almost happens but does not because I intervened. It's uncanny). I can give examples if people need to know more...

This doesn't feel like that, though, but it disguised itself in a dream that is an avenue I've received messages from, so... I guess I am looking for prayer, and maybe guidance. Normally when I get a message (and I can elaborate if needed) whether asleep or awake, I know what needs to be done. I'm... I'm at a loss here.

The Dream:

I'm at a packed pub, a celebration. Birthday party? Anyways, I'm speaking and singing to the crowd, and I see my mum in the back of the room, smiling at me warmly. She has her knowing, prideful look and when I smile at her, she smiles back, and even gives me her little mischievous look and a wink. Everything about her is familiar, and exactly how I remembered her (when she was healthy, she was her original weight pre-cancer, with her blond hair and glasses, her yellow soft jacket and her jeans). I knew, even in the dream, she was dead, and my heart was so happy to see her. After her wink there was a moment's pause, and the crowd almost fell away (but were still very much in the way), and she began to look sadly at me, and then very serious faced. She looked at me and mouthed (without speaking) "there is no God" and then went to leave. I came running after her, through the crow. I ended up falling, just short of her, and just barely managed to touch her jean pant leg (but, like, it was physical, not corporeal) and then I woke up.

More Context (if it'll help):
  1. My mother passed away after a very long, painful fight with terminal cancer. I was her primary caregiver and the one who made all the decisions. She was my best friend (I know I know), and it was very very hard on me, even if the people around me think I was a rock (I'm squishy behind closed doors).

2. I have yet to have seen my mother in dreams before. My brothers have, but not me.

3. All of my brothers are musicians (I am not, though, on very very rare occasions I'll step up to the mic). I'm not big into being in the spotlight, though I'm not super stressed if I have to do it either. It's just, not my deal? I digress...

4. The clothes she wore were just her casual wear. She owned them when she was alive.

5. My mother was a DEVOUT Christian, and saying something like that goes... against her very character, which is probably why it's so shocking.

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
It sounds to me that if this dream is from the spirit world at all and not just your mind conjuring things up, it's one of two possibilities: 1 A projection from an agent of Satan. 2 A test of your faith.

Either way number 2 could be involved. I'm not a dream interpreter just had enough visions like dreams of my own.

Upvote 0

Simancia

Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
Hamilton
✟23,837.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That was part of my worry, too, is that I am being messed with. It felt similar to my telling dreams (or visions I guess they're called), but different. So maybe it was my mind conjuring it up and because I miss her enough my heart wanted it to be real, so it felt closer to a vision than a normal dream? If you have visions you probably know that feeling I'm talking about. The distinctive "this is more than a dream" feeling. Like, you're more conscious. Anyway, If anything it's given me more of a push for prayer and guidance so that's a good thing. Silver lining? I've had issues with being messed with in the past but I want to be careful not to just jump to conclusions either way. Especially with oua subject I am so emotionally compromised on. Thank you very much for your feedback!

Reactions: Mayflower1
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Not at all, questions are welcome! It was in January 2018, so going on a year and a half now.
The reason I asked is after my dad passed I had a lot of unusual activity, visions, experiences etc. It was difficult to understand it all, still don't. But it sure proved to me that we are never alone. And I've seen it with other passings as well, just not as profoundly as with his. All in about that first year of his going.

Upvote 0

Simancia

Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
Hamilton
✟23,837.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I've never been able to talk to the dead, nor have had them visit. All the little nuanced moments leading up to the devestating change we're all "her". What she said and then to just leave... It's not her at all. She'd never do that to me. So now I'm left wondering if maybe she couldn't quite explain, or if it wasn't her at all (and if so, from my experience that's not the end of it), or if it was just me piecing things together weirdly and something in my waking hours triggered this chain. /Sigh I guess time will tell! Thanks for listening.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Yeah, I've never been able to talk to the dead, nor have had them visit. All the little nuanced moments leading up to the devestating change we're all "her". What she said and then to just leave... It's not her at all. She'd never do that to me. So now I'm left wondering if maybe she couldn't quite explain, or if it wasn't her at all (and if so, from my experience that's not the end of it), or if it was just me piecing things together weirdly and something in my waking hours triggered this chain. /Sigh I guess time will tell! Thanks for listening.
Simancia, it's pretty safe to assume the dead are not appearing to you imo. I'd say she was a projection, vision like a dream perhaps but not literally her. The question is a projection from where or who ?

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
And yes outside the "year range" but still close to it.
The first year for me was active, I can't speak for someone else or even my next passing, whoever that may be. Don't read too much into what I say please because it may not apply to your experience at all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Simancia

Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
Hamilton
✟23,837.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh yeah I assume you're generalizing don't worry, and I agree the likelihood it's actually her is almost non existent. It is good to hear I am not alone in messed up dreams, and to bounce ALL the thoughts I have off in a safe environment with feedback. Truth is unless there's something else that happens that connects I will likely never understand.

Upvote 0

Simancia

Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
Hamilton
✟23,837.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Interesting albeit sad update: My best friend just called tonight to let me know her mom is dying and I am heading up to help pack up her mom's house. She actually turned her back on God when she lost her son just before my wedding, said God was as dead as her son to her now. Thinking may be related. Please pray for her, as I will be. And thanks for listening. <3

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Interesting albeit sad update: My best friend just called tonight to let me know her mom is dying and I am heading up to help pack up her mom's house. She actually turned her back on God when she lost her son just before my wedding, said God was as dead as her son to her now. Thinking may be related. Please pray for her, as I will be. And thanks for listening. <3
This is very much along the lines of something that might happen to me Simancia.

Suggestion: Ask for prayers over your friend and her situation over in the Prayer Wall forum. You will get more of the prayer warriors over there than here.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

This Thread Has Been Moved

231058_ae34cf80d551c8320b3af617454a6170.jpg

We are moving this thread to a section where it is a better fit.

This particular topic belongs in the Spiritual Gift's sub-forum, Sign Gifts. Please continue your discussion here.​

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That was part of my worry, too, is that I am being messed with. It felt similar to my telling dreams (or visions I guess they're called), but different. So maybe it was my mind conjuring it up and because I miss her enough my heart wanted it to be real, so it felt closer to a vision than a normal dream? If you have visions you probably know that feeling I'm talking about. The distinctive "this is more than a dream" feeling. Like, you're more conscious. Anyway, If anything it's given me more of a push for prayer and guidance so that's a good thing. Silver lining? I've had issues with being messed with in the past but I want to be careful not to just jump to conclusions either way. Especially with oua subject I am so emotionally compromised on. Thank you very much for your feedback!

So sorry about your mom. Id say this is an enemy dream and would not be concerned about it. If there is spiritual warfare in the day, night time can happen too. I started praying for peaceful dreams and that the enemy would not be able to confuse me. But maybe this was a warning to be on your guard for enemy dreams, so he wouldn't try to confuse you. Or...if you were in a bar, maybe someplace you will be, there will be someone who believes this way and you need to keep your eyes and ears open in order to minister to someone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Oh wow. Prayers!

• Agree
Reactions: Simancia
Upvote 0