Republican House candidate in Ohio (J.R. Majewski) who disparaged Special Olympians says he’s still running

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
“After carefully considering the pressure and attacks by the Washington Establishment Machine, my family and I have decided that there is no mission more important than continuing this race and standing strong for the patriots I committed to fight for,” J.R. Majewski said in a statement.

The latest controversy centers on comments that Majewski made on an episode of a conservative podcast that was released this month. Majewski said Democrats arguing with him on the internet was “like being in the Special Olympics.”

“No matter how good you perform,” he said, “you’re still a [doggone] [offensive term for an intellectually disabled person].”

[T]he Lucas County GOP censured him, calling the comments “reprehensible.” He apologized, saying his remarks were “extremely insensitive.”

Majewski is also a Jan 6 Capitol tourist.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“After carefully considering the pressure and attacks by the Washington Establishment Machine, my family and I have decided that there is no mission more important than continuing this race and standing strong for the patriots I committed to fight for,” J.R. Majewski said in a statement.

The latest controversy centers on comments that Majewski made on an episode of a conservative podcast that was released this month. Majewski said Democrats arguing with him on the internet was “like being in the Special Olympics.”

“No matter how good you perform,” he said, “you’re still a [doggone] [offensive term for an intellectually disabled person].”

[T]he Lucas County GOP censured him, calling the comments “reprehensible.” He apologized, saying his remarks were “extremely insensitive.”

Majewski is also a Jan 6 Capitol tourist.

...he sounds very well qualified for today's Republican party.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
...he sounds very well qualified for today's Republican party.
As I noted elsewhere, MAGA is not about personal values or conduct.

On cue, here's the R front runner publicly mocking a disabled reporter pic:

sddefault.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I'd like to see Arnold Swarchzenegger turn him into a pretzel.

He has a very special bond with the special Olympians....

1709256861477.png

Remember Christians! Be the light in the world by saying incredibly hurtful phrases about people

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
When I read the headline, my first thought was I'd give this guy some slack, since Obama once used the Special Olympics to make a self-deprecating joke (and then apologized).

But then I read what he actually said.

wow.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
“No matter how good you perform,” he said,
What, is no one going to point out that he should have said "well" instead of "good"?

That's the real atrocity here.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status