✟20,570.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
tollytee said:
As it is only a matter of time before the Islamics acquire and use a nuke, the US government should let it be known now that if such a device is detonated against any western country the consequences would be so severe they should think twice about using one. We should warn them in advance that if they nuke us in the name of their religion, we would retaliate by nuking every holy site they have. If they knew this was going to be the response in advance, they would not dare use a nuke.

Yup. That would be the best way to ensure they attacked the US with a nuke or radioactive bomb.

Because the US dropping a tactical nuke on Mecca would be the biggest boost to membership that these terrorist organisations could hope for. Just about the whole Muslim world would join in against the US then. Fantastic.

Upvote 0

Glaz

Obama '08
Jun 22, 2004
✟24,137.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Sycophant said:
Yup. That would be the best way to ensure they attacked the US with a nuke or radioactive bomb.

Because the US dropping a tactical nuke on Mecca would be the biggest boost to membership that these terrorist organisations could hope for. Just about the whole Muslim world would join in against the US then. Fantastic.

The US wouldn't drop the nuke until it had been nuked already. And if we reach that stage, whether or not the muslim world turns against will be the least of the worlds problems.

Upvote 0

tollytee

Feb 19, 2005
Sun Valley, Nevada
✟1,910.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Sycophant said:

I realize this also, and stated so earlier in the thread. We would accomplish nothing more than killing innocents (I do know most Muslims/Islamics on the planet would do not advocate terrorism), destroying environments, and instituting a world wide conflict between the US and Muslin nations.

I just don't think Gaston's assertion that we should basically 'quit' America and become what the world decides what we should become, what we should beleive and how we should behave. This would represent the loss of our sovreignty and subjugate us to a world view that is not consistent with American ideals of free societies and self determination. I doubt very much whether Canada would do what he suggests.

Respectfully

Upvote 0

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
tollytee said:
As it is only a matter of time before the Islamics acquire and use a nuke, the US government should let it be known now that if such a device is detonated against any western country the consequences would be so severe they should think twice about using one. We should warn them in advance that if they nuke us in the name of their religion, we would retaliate by nuking every holy site they have. If they knew this was going to be the response in advance, they would not dare use a nuke.

I wasn't aware that rahma (being Muslim) was "an Islamic".

Should I let the guy who works across the aisle from me, who is a Muslim from Pakistan, know that he is "an Islamic"?

I know a lot of Muslims, and just about all of the Muslims I know really resent being lumped together with Al Queda as "Islamics".

I can relate. As a practicing Christian, I really resent being lumped together with radical Christian conservatives -- especially the James Dobson/Jerry Falwell/Pat Robertson kind who believe they have been given carte blanche to speak on my behalf.

By the way -- do you know who developed all those nuclear weapons; then engaged the Soviet Union in a massive nuclear arms race so the two countries developed tens of thousands of nuclear weapons; and when the Soviet Union fell, did not plan on a way to retrieve all those Soviet nuclear weapons (many of which have fallen into the hands of the Russian Mafia, who is only too happy to make some money even if it means blowing us all to Kingdom Come)?

I'll give you a hint. It wasn't "the Islamics".

We have allowed this problem to develop over a half century, and (true to Scripture) we are reaping what we have sewn.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,665.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The threat of massive nuclear retalition has always loomed over the head of any opponents of Russia or America. This is probably the main reason no nuclear arms have been used in terrorist attacks. The backlash could be apocolyptic, and those with the most advanced defense technology (US, Britain, Australia, Russia, etc) stand the best chance of surviving. Being that the middle east is not as advanced, and their access to nuclear arms is limited, it would be horribly unwise for them to attempt something like this. The retalliation could be genocidal in severity.

Upvote 0

tollytee

Feb 19, 2005
Sun Valley, Nevada
✟1,910.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
UberLutheran said:
I wasn't aware that rahma (being Muslim) was "an Islamic".

Should I let the guy who works across the aisle from me, who is a Muslim from Pakistan, know that he is "an Islamic"?

I know a lot of Muslims, and just about all of the Muslims I know really resent being lumped together with Al Queda as "Islamics".

I can relate. As a practicing Christian, I really resent being lumped together with radical Christian conservatives -- especially the James Dobson/Jerry Falwell/Pat Robertson kind who believe they have been given carte blanche to speak on my behalf.

By the way -- do you know who developed all those nuclear weapons; then engaged the Soviet Union in a massive nuclear arms race so the two countries developed tens of thousands of nuclear weapons; and when the Soviet Union fell, did not plan on a way to retrieve all those Soviet nuclear weapons (many of which have fallen into the hands of the Russian Mafia, who is only too happy to make some money even if it means blowing us all to Kingdom Come)?

I'll give you a hint. It wasn't "the Islamics".

We have allowed this problem to develop over a half century, and (true to Scripture) we are reaping what we have sewn.

I don't know what you or Rhama are and I challenge you to point to anything I said that would suggest otherwise.

We face two distinct enemies. Primarily, the Islamic fanatics, who's purpose is the annihalation of western culture and democratic principles, and secondarily, Muslims who do not proport to follow the hard line of the fanatics but do support their cause to one degree or another. Any other interpretation of my earlier comments is incorrect.

Respectfully

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
tollytee said:
I don't know what you or Rhama are and I challenge you to point to anything I said that would suggest otherwise.

We face two distinct enemies. Primarily, the Islamic fanatics, who's purpose is the annihalation of western culture and democratic principles, and secondarily, Muslims who do not proport to follow the hard line of the fanatics but do support their cause to one degree or another. Any other interpretation of my earlier comments is incorrect.

Respectfully

It's not a matter of being "politically correct" (I know how conservatives love using that terms when people disagree with something conservatives have said!).

As a practicing Christian, I do NOT like being lumped in with the ultra-nationalistic, ultra-conservative ideologues who have the audacity to believe they have the right to speak for ALL Christians.

I would not PRESUME to assume that all Muslims are "Islamists" who are hell-bent on blowing up the West with any and all means available to them. NONE of the Muslims I know are like that.

This falls under the very Christian precept of "treating others as we would have them treat us."

Upvote 0

tollytee

Feb 19, 2005
Sun Valley, Nevada
✟1,910.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
UberLutheran said:
It's not a matter of being "politically correct" (I know how conservatives love using that terms when people disagree with something conservatives have said!).

As a practicing Christian, I do NOT like being lumped in with the ultra-nationalistic, ultra-conservative ideologues who have the audacity to believe they have the right to speak for ALL Christians.

I would not PRESUME to assume that all Muslims are "Islamists" who are hell-bent on blowing up the West with any and all means available to them. NONE of the Muslims I know are like that.

This falls under the very Christian precept of "treating others as we would have them treat us."

If you can't comprehend any of the simply points I make, that is your problem. I can not help that. You failed to meet my challenge to you in post #30 in this post. Nowhere in this thread or anywhere else did I 'lump' you or anyone together. I catagorically deny that I ever asserted all Muslims are Islamic fanatics, nor did I hint that such was true.

Respectfully

Upvote 0

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
tollytee said:
If you can't comprehend any of the simply points I make, that is your problem. I can not help that. You failed to meet my challenge to you in post #30 in this post. Nowhere in this thread or anywhere else did I 'lump' you or anyone together. I catagorically deny that I ever asserted all Muslims are Islamic fanatics, nor did I hint that such was true.

Respectfully

Posting "if you can't comprehend any of the simply points I make, that is your problem." is being disagreeable for the sake of being disagreeable -- and it's also very much a personal attack (which can earn you a warning).

Caveat emptor.

Upvote 0

tollytee

Feb 19, 2005
Sun Valley, Nevada
✟1,910.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
I have denied your allegations and challenged you to substantiate them specifically so that I may be able to review that to which you object so that I might review and revise my remarks as I may see as reasonable. You continue to fail to cite any example of what you accuse me of and therefor, I respectfully submit to you that mischaracterizing and misrepresenting other people's posts and making unfounded accusations is not conducive to responsible, worthty discussion or debate.

Respectfully

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

xMinionX

Contributor
Dec 2, 2003
✟18,028.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
tollytee said:
I agree that we would have to retaliate with nukes. Knowing who to strike would be the challenge. That's why I suggested Mecca or somewhere of equal importance to these terrorists. Isn't there some rock there or something that they worship? Are they willing to watch it be vaporized?

That's sick. That is just sick. :sick: :mad:

I catagorically deny that I ever asserted all Muslims are Islamic fanatics, nor did I hint that such was true.
Look above. You just did. :mad:

Upvote 0

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
tollytee said:
I have denied your allegations and challenged you to substantiate them specifically so that I may be able to review that to which you object so that I might review and revise my remarks as I may see as reasonable. You continue to fail to cite any example of what you accuse me of and therefor, I respectfully submit to you that mischaracterizing and misrepresenting other people's posts and making unfounded accusations is not conducive to responsible, worthty discussion or debate.

chill_pill.jpg

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
So what.
Our borders are so safe.
No one ever gets in without us knowing it do they?

Minute men,Who?
thousands cross our border without us knowing anything about them?

SOme one should warn us.
Oh, our Department of home land security has warned us?
So who do we blame when the dirty bomb comes across?
Just blame the other party?
Blame each other like we have done since 9-11?
Is anyone willing to stand up to the hispanic threat?(anyone asked what they think?
they support strong borders. Remember they're here legally.)
So lets just continue to bicker about what the other side is doing wrong while
the leaders of the terrorist direct their peons to kill themselves for their god(of love)

Threaten the leaders, they aren't willing to die for their cause. They are willing to have other people die for thier cause. They direct the terrorists to kill the women and children to further their cause. They don't get dirty. But it's time to make sure those that support them feel the pain as well as the leaders.

Upvote 0