loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Report: Donald Trump misled the public about freeing UCLA basketball players
Twelve hours after being arrested for stealing sunglasses and beaded bracelets at Louis Vuitton and two other stores in Hangzhou, China, UCLA freshmen LiAngelo Ball, Jalen Hill and Cody Riley were released on bail with their passports withheld after returning the items, according to ESPN’s Arash Markazi. They were free to do as they please in the city as the situation was being resolved by UCLA And Pac-12 officials, with help from Alibaba chairman Tsai and the Federation University Sports China.

Two days later, on Friday, Nov. 10, the shoplifting charges against Ball, Hill and Riley were dropped, the bail was returned, and their passports were released on one condition, the report said. The players, now embroiled in reports of an international incident, were not permitted to leave for Los Angeles until Tuesday, a week after their arrest and three days after their UCLA teammates returned home.

“It was important for [Chinese authorities] that the players were left back for a couple of days after the rest of the team flew home,” a UCLA source told ESPN. “We agreed not to say anything and not comment until they returned home. They wanted there to be some kind of punishment and avoid the perception that they got off easy. Their flights were switched from Saturday night to Tuesday night, so they were going back home 72 hours after the rest of the team. So, it wasn’t like we found out Tuesday morning they were coming home that day. We knew. That was already the plan Friday morning.”
tulc(is shocked! shocked!) :swoon:

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you believe that Trump is an adept deceiver, why would you be shocked over his deception?
..."adept deceiver"? dude, he's not even a good "lame deceiver". :D
tulc(seriously) :wave:

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you believe that Trump is an adept deceiver, why would you be shocked over his deception?
I guess that we still don't expect should blatant narcissism. How could someone publicly lie about something like this knowing full well that the truth could so easily be documented and exposed.
What type of personality does that take? Can one believe anything that comes out of that person's mouth?

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess that we still don't expect should blatant narcissism. How could someone publicly lie about something like this knowing full well that the truth could so easily be documented and exposed.
What type of personality does that take? Can one believe anything that comes out of that person's mouth?

Well, that’s the thing, people do believe whatever he says. Everything else is ‘fake news’. Some people will support him whatever he says or does, as he said himself years ago in that famous ‘I could
shoot someone on 5th Avenue’ etc. comment. He knows that for some people the reality of his actions simply don’t matter.

I’m hoping something good will come of Trump’s presidency but it’s not easy to see what that might be. So far looks like he doesn’t have a great grasp of what’s going on in the world.

Upvote 0

compassion 4 humanity

Oct 24, 2017
Texas
✟49,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single

For the record, I'm not a Trump supporter. I think Ted Cruz, a constitutional conservative, would have been the better GOP president.

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am quite sure that this was an example of sarcasm.

So Trump lies so much and so often, that in reality it is what any rational person would expect.

Upvote 0