Site Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
NW Ohio (almost Michigan)
Visit site
✟91,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I didn't know you were a mod before? :eek: Why'd you leave?

I was on staff for almost 2 years.

I worked my way up to admin of the Theology team, then I went to Support as a supervisor, then I left staff for about a month for family reasons, then I came back as a SuperAdmin for a few months, then I left for good.

I did not agree with the direction the site was going after the last reform. I thought many of the changes were good, but some were horrid (like the incessant wars the wikis caused) and it brought about changes I did not think appropriate for a Christian site.

I am glad some order has been restored, and I hope more changes are on the horizon.

Let me state for the record that not only was she a mod - she was one of the best!!!!

edie

Upvote 0

twob4me

Shark bait hoo ha ha
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2003
Here :)
✟215,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Let me state for the record that not only was she a mod - she was one of the best!!!!

edie

Well we must work to get her back. ;) :D

Upvote 0

edie19

Legend
Site Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
Visit site
✟91,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Ha! Wait until tonight. It's supposed to be even wackier. :D

I couldn't take it after awhile & had to turn it.

1) I do NOT understand why so many of them even think they BELONG there singing! (if I sounded like that, I'd know my place & just stick to drunk Kareoke) (if I drank I mean) lol
:eek: :sigh:

2) I'm so embarrassed for some of them, I just have to turn it.
That poor guy singing the old Moses tune about wiped me out. He truly thought he sang well & should just change the SONG choice & try again next year

:eek: :o

Anyways, Reppies! :clap:

I don't think I've ever watched an "AI" episode - and apparently I'm not missing anything.

I've been thinking about watching this year though - a hockey player I respect a lot (Igor Larionov - played for the Red Wings) has 2 daughters who sing (both have beautiful voices) and one or both are contestants this year. I was hoping I could figure out when they're on and watch that episode. But if I have to wait through a bunch of awful folks - don't want to waste my time.

edie

Upvote 0

twob4me

Shark bait hoo ha ha
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2003
✟215,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think I've ever watched an "AI" episode - and apparently I'm not missing anything.

I've been thinking about watching this year though - a hockey player I respect a lot (Igor Larionov - played for the Red Wings) has 2 daughters who sing (both have beautiful voices) and one or both are contestants this year. I was hoping I could figure out when they're on and watch that episode. But if I have to wait through a bunch of awful folks - don't want to waste my time.

edie

Tape it and then watch it. This way you can fast forward through the bad ones. LOL :p

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

edie19

Legend
Site Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
Visit site
✟91,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
When I was on staff (not as a superadmin, though) I spent a solid 8 hours a day, every day, moderating. It took over my life and that is why I left the first time. I have been asked to come back, but I am not interested right now. It was hard to leave, I loved doing it, but in order for it to work well and not overwhelm people, there needs to be about twice the number of mods that there are now.

As an FYI - I understand ET has the most mods they've ever had (~100 I believe) so that really spreads the work load out

Well we must work to get her back. ;) :D

She can mod us:thumbsup:

We're soooo bad she'd never get a break^_^:p^_^

Upvote 0

twob4me

Shark bait hoo ha ha
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2003
✟215,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As an FYI - I understand ET has the most mods they've ever had (~100 I believe) so that really spreads the work load out

She can mod us:thumbsup:

We're soooo bad she'd never get a break^_^:p^_^

But we're on different teams.:sorry: ^_^ But maybe she'd give us special treatment when it comes to reps.;) :D :p

Upvote 0

Kristen.NewCreation

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
✟303,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hey Folks,

My PetWorker's Team Love captain (bcauser) has yet to achieve her first star. She spends most of her time here in CF trying to get workers and taking care of pets. She has posted a little bit here in BE. So if you would help push her to her first star, it would really make her day (week). Since most of her posts are in the Pet Worker's Forum, I'd like to call all Pet Workers - pass the word and rep her up.

For you who hang out here, but aren't pet workers, you can find one post here. (I'm still working on finding more).

http://christianforums.com/showpost.php?p=42671238&postcount=207

Thanks!

Here are the few reps I have for the remainder of the day.

Reactions: RoseyK
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

edie19

Legend
Site Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
Visit site
✟91,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
But we're on different teams.:sorry: ^_^ But maybe she'd give us special treatment when it comes to reps.;) :D :p

I meant she could mod the repaholics sub-forum. She'd have her hands full - we're all so mean here - constant flames and such. (tongue firmly in cheek just in case someone takes me seriously)

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,780.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Kristen.NewCreation

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
✟303,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I meant she could mod the repaholics sub-forum. She'd have her hands full - we're all so mean here - constant flames and such. (tongue firmly in cheek just in case someone takes me seriously)

I'm sure the highlighted area is a flame toward me :wave: :p

BTW... the only place I can think of filled with flames and such would be a place that I'd prefer never to check in too! :D

Reactions: porterross
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

edie19

Legend
Site Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
Visit site
✟91,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I don't know, I've seen a few flames :)

:p
You're not nice :p

Go away or I'll come after ya & put you in a washing machine you sock.

Don't make me pull this car over and get out my report button!!

I'm sure the highlighted area is a flame toward me :wave: :p

BTW... the only place I can think of filled with flames and such would be a place that I'd prefer never to check in too! :D

I'm sure we're thinking of the same place (which shall go nameless) and I don't go there either - too scary.

Upvote 0

Quantos

Sock ? What Sock
Mar 6, 2005
Earth for now
✟33,990.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Go away or I'll come after ya & put you in a washing machine you sock.

Don't make me pull this car over and get out my report button!!

I'm sure we're thinking of the same place (which shall go nameless) and I don't go there either - too scary.

Ha ha. They told you :p

Upvote 0

twob4me

Shark bait hoo ha ha
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2003
✟215,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

^_^ :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.