✟15,434.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

IisJustMe

He rescued me because He delighted in me (Ps18:19)
Jun 23, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
✟23,494.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I must be missing the problem. Obviously he was being silly trying to have it on May 3rd, but the idea of a Day of Reason in itself seems pretty cool.
Yeah, I'm sure it does. :doh:

Upvote 0

IisJustMe

Jun 23, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
✟23,494.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm pretty fond of reason and not very fond of being outraged at things not worth being outraged about.
That doesn't surprise me either. You seem to be willfully blind to the direct attack Stark made in issuing his "proclamation."

Upvote 0

tranz4md

Redeemed by His grace
Jun 6, 2011
✟15,434.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm pretty fond of reason and not very fond of being outraged at things not worth being outraged about.

I'm not outraged, I'm disappointed. I know I belong to Christ, I'm secure. But, what about the younger generations who are being led away from God by the government's insidious laws that are taking our nation that was founded on God away from them.

And changing the National Day of Prayer to the National Day of Reason is just another attempt of indoctrinating us to believe we don't need God we only need humanism through "reason".

This is a spiritual battle we are facing my friend and the enemy knows his time is short.

In Christ

Upvote 0

SonOfTheWest

Britpack
Sep 26, 2010
United Kingdom
✟9,861.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
That doesn't surprise me either. You seem to be willfully blind to the direct attack Stark made in issuing his "proclamation."

No, I'm afraid it's not due to being blind. Though I am rather nearsighted. It's due to being...well a bit boring really. For example, I don't drink, not because I have any moral prohibitions against alcohol, but simply because I don't much care for the taste of the vast majority of alcoholic beverages. I'm not much for getting up in arms over flippant stuff. Reserved observation is more my forte. But by all means, be outraged enough for the both of us. :)

Though...I am reminded of something an American friend posted to me.I paraphrase mind you, "Letting other people get to you is letting them live rent free in your head." I'm sure the Stark fellow wont mind.

Upvote 0

Trogool

Apr 3, 2012
✟3,694.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Green
I'm not outraged, I'm disappointed. I know I belong to Christ, I'm secure. But, what about the younger generations who are being led away from God by the government's insidious laws that are taking our nation that was founded on God away from them.

And changing the National Day of Prayer to the National Day of Reason is just another attempt of indoctrinating us to believe we don't need God we only need humanism through "reason".

This is a spiritual battle we are facing my friend and the enemy knows his time is short.

In Christ

You do understand that it didn't happen, right? You do understand that any sane person knows that this resolution had no chance of passing due to the tradition of May 3rd being the National Day of Prayer, and he was just making a point, right, and a good point at that?

Upvote 0

tranz4md

Redeemed by His grace
Jun 6, 2011
✟15,434.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You do understand that it didn't happen, right? You do understand that any sane person knows that this resolution had no chance of passing due to the tradition of May 3rd being the National Day of Prayer, and he was just making a point, right, and a good point at that?

Tradition? What does tradition matter with a President who calls for Executive Orders at the drop of a hat? Our nation is in rapid decline but it's to be expected according to the word of God.

God bless

Upvote 0

WilliamB

Apr 21, 2011
Miami, FL
✟2,869.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

In Christ

Do you honestly think government can take God away from people? Do you really see God as that small? Sounds like you could use a national day of reason. Just saying. :wave:

Reactions: SonOfTheWest
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tranz4md

Redeemed by His grace
Jun 6, 2011
✟15,434.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you honestly think government can take God away from people? Do you really see God as that small? Sounds like you could use a national day of reason. Just saying. :wave:

Of course not, the Holy Spirit's indwelling confirms that can't happen.

All I'm saying is that like everything else 'worldly' this National Day of Reason meant to replace the National Day of Prayer is a political worldly attempt to puff man up with pride, arrogance, self-reliance on their own 'Reason' of the mind' rather than a humble dependence on our Creator God through 'Prayer'.

Upvote 0

tranz4md

Redeemed by His grace
Jun 6, 2011
✟15,434.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's why our nation today is really beginning to see the judgement of God and the removal of His protected hand on this country.

We as a nation have forgotten God and we are forgetting Him more and more through these attempts in government to silence Him in any way they can.

Here's a great message if your interested:Chuck Crismier Save America Ministries.

Chuck Crismier - Pray...or Perish: Preparing for Perhaps our LAST National Day of Prayer - Listen to Free Online Save America Ministries Christian Radio Broadcasts

God bless!

Upvote 0

tranz4md

Redeemed by His grace
Jun 6, 2011
✟15,434.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Hi Trogool,

It's just like God to lead us to places He wants us to go. Actually, April 30, 1863 was the beginning of the National Day of Prayer. Go here and listen to this message about this subject... Chuck Crismier - Pray...or Perish: Preparing for Perhaps our LAST National Day of Prayer - Listen to Free Online Save America Ministries Christian Radio Broadcasts

I thought it was awesome!

Let me know what you think.

Upvote 0

Trogool

Apr 3, 2012
✟3,694.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Green
Of course not, the Holy Spirit's indwelling confirms that can't happen.

All I'm saying is that like everything else 'worldly' this National Day of Reason meant to replace the National Day of Prayer is a political worldly attempt to puff man up with pride, arrogance, self-reliance on their own 'Reason' of the mind' rather than a humble dependence on our Creator God through 'Prayer'.

It wasn't an "attempt" at anything other than making a point. If you paid more attention to Congress, you'd notice that Senators and Representatives introduce all sorts of absurd bills that haven't the chance of a snowflake in hell of passing all the time, simply to draw peoples' attention to an issue.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

IisJustMe

Jun 23, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
✟23,494.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
One wonders what happened before the day of prayer? During the age of Reason. You know...the time when this country was formed.
They prayed over the Declaration of Independence, the war, and the Constitutional Convention to be sure they were in God's will. Look it up. They didn't believe they were creating a country without the presence of God.

Upvote 0

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟26,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They prayed over the Declaration of Independence, the war, and the Constitutional Convention to be sure they were in God's will. Look it up. They didn't believe they were creating a country without the presence of God.

Maybe a few people did. But no, over all, they didn't.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.