Remember the sabbath, or remembrance of Gods mercy and remembrance of the Apostles ways in Christ ?

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The commandments are not law, the law is against those who are of the flesh.

The flesh is nothing, why have confidence in it..

Philippians 3:2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.
3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

So beware o the circumcision, who are debtors to do the whole law and are fallen from grace and Christ is become of no effect to them who are "justified" their way

Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

It is hard to believe in Christ entered into an everlasting rest when people only observe a temporary one for one day a seek, each week.

The commandments are law and gives us knowledge of sin. 1 John 3:4, Romans 3:20, Romans 7:7 and breaking one is like breaking them all James 2:10-12, Matthew 5:19 You take way too many scriptures out of context and don’t really want to understand what you’re quoting or have a discussion. We should be careful what we teach each other though as we are responsible for leading people away form the truth and God’s Word. Matthew 5:19 Take care.

Upvote 0

Christian7777777

Dec 28, 2021
✟2,917.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is simplicity in Christ, it is what I teach.

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

If we love Jesus we don't just talk, we do what he did, which was well told and all know, whether they follow it or not..

Matthew 9:19 And a certain scribe came, and said unto him, Master, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.
20 And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.
21 And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
22 But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

Philippians 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Good, the law was done by Israel as we saw, but they lacked one thing ( they had and have no treasure in Heaven by their law keeping/observing)

Mark 10:19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.
20 And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth.
21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
22 And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.
23 And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!
24 And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!
25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
26 And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved?

What the rich ruler lacked is he placed his great possessions over God, which is breaking commandment #1 Exodus 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me. While he may have loved his neighbor and didn’t commit sin against them, he committed sin against God. Breaking one commandment is like breaking them all. James 2:10-12

Upvote 0

Christian7777777

Dec 28, 2021
✟2,917.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The commandments are law and gives us knowledge of sin. 1 John 3:4, Romans 3:20, Romans 7:7 and breaking one is like breaking them all James 2:10-12, Matthew 5:19 You take way too many scriptures out of context and don’t really want to understand what you’re quoting or have a discussion. We should be careful what we teach each other though as we are responsible for leading people away form the truth and God’s Word. Matthew 5:19 Take care.

The law is the knowledge of sin so all the world is guilty before God, we are freed from that law of sin and death by the sins nailed to the cross of Christ as is that law of sin and death..

Romans 8:There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Colossians 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Now we have knowledge of salvation through faith in Chris rising..

Luke 1:77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The law is the knowledge of sin so all the world is guilty before God, we are freed from that law of sin and death by the sins nailed to the cross of Christ as is that law of sin and death..

Romans 8:There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Colossians 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Now we have knowledge of salvation through faith in Chris rising..

Luke 1:77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,
Not according to Jesus. Matthew 7:21-23, Revelation 22:14-15

We do have salvation through Jesus when we repent from our sins. True repentance means turning from sin and obeying God. John 14:15-18, Hebrews 10:26

Upvote 0

Christian7777777

Dec 28, 2021
✟2,917.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What the rich ruler lacked is he placed his great possessions over God, which is breaking commandment #1 Exodus 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me. While he may have loved his neighbor and didn’t commit sin against them, he committed sin against God. Breaking one commandment is like breaking them all. James 2:10-12

The man of Israel ( as all men of Israel) had no treasure of Heaven, by all they did in keeping the laws they observed from youth up.

hey were told if they observe to do His statutes they are rewarded with fruit of lands and cattle and body..

Deuteronomy 28:9 The Lord shall establish thee an holy people unto himself, as he hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the Lord thy God, and walk in his ways.
10 And all people of the earth shall see that thou art called by the name of the Lord; and they shall be afraid of thee.
11 And the Lord shall make thee plenteous in goods, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy ground, in the land which the Lord sware unto thy fathers to give thee.

Upvote 0

Christian7777777

Dec 28, 2021
✟2,917.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not according to Jesus. Matthew 7:21-23, Revelation 22:14-15

We do have salvation through Jesus when we repent from our sins. True repentance means turning from sin and obeying God. John 14:15-18, Hebrews 10:26

Jesus did the will of God by laying His life down, and the Apostles followed in the same way, remember the end part of Mark 10 also..

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Mark 10:28 Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee.
29 And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,
30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

Revelation 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Revelation 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Upvote 0

Christian7777777

Dec 28, 2021
✟2,917.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Obeying God according to law keeping, is doing what is for the lawless and disobedient, them following after righteousness and not after faith.

Obeying God as Christ and the Holy Apostles, is ,leaving all to find Christ, it is being persecuted till death, hating their lives in this world to share in the sufferings of Christ.

Neither is it eye for eye, they persecute you, you love them in return.

neither is it glory of men in prayers, giving, in fasting, in circumcision, it is glory of Christ unknown to men and circumcision of Christ to not fail of the grace of God.

Also it is labouring to enter in through faith, not through the law of men in sabbath of Israel.

Upvote 0

Christian7777777

Dec 28, 2021
✟2,917.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So nobody repents from sin bylaw keeping, that is their law of sin and death.

Only those who believe in the work of God ( His raising Christ from the dead) repent and turn from sin as sin is disbelief..

John 8:24
said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Romans 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Upvote 0