UK
✟1,149,913.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Satanism is not a religion, its an abomination. The plaintiff should be lynched, as should those who would take the right for Christians to refuse to compromise their beliefs.
Thank you for sharing your pro-murder viewpoint.

Upvote 0

Circumcised_Heart

Sep 24, 2017
LA
✟26,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yeah, you are right, I apologise. Lynching is a little hard, and I don't condone murder. But certainly subject to a trial by jury, rather than some unaccountable judge in a back room.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,913.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, you are right, I apologise. Lynching is a little hard, and I don't condone murder. But certainly subject to a trial by jury, rather than some unaccountable judge in a back room.
For what crime? Last time I checked satanism is just as legal as Christianity.

• Agree
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

Circumcised_Heart

Sep 24, 2017
LA
✟26,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Abortion. I don't care whether the government considers Stanism a religion, it should be outlawed same as terrorism.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

"Religious Freedom for Me but Not for Thee" seems to have become the common theme among many right wing evangelical Christians when it comes to Satanists having religious freedom in America too. It's ironic how some right wing Christians will complain about how Christian religious freedom is being violated because Christians aren't being allowed to discriminate against homosexuals based upon their religious convictions, but then these same Christians say things like Satanism should be outlawed.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Ringo84
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Abortion. I don't care whether the government considers Stanism a religion, it should be outlawed same as terrorism.

All you need to do is come up with a way to designate a non sentient fetus as a "person" while excluding every other non sentient being. Good luck.

• Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Circumcised_Heart

Sep 24, 2017
LA
✟26,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
All you need to do is come up with a way to designate a non sentient fetus as a "person" while excluding every other non sentient being. Good luck.
Why? Murder is murder, irrespective of whether the man or woman killed was legally identified as a person. I don't care for the little games played by the devil and his agents. God's laws are sovereign to such silly rules, and one day, He will return to judge.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Why? Murder is murder, irrespective of whether the man or woman killed was legally identified as a person. I don't care for the little games played by the devil and his agents. God's laws are sovereign to such silly rules, and one day, He will return to judge.

Because that is the way the law works. I don't care about your God or your religious beliefs. You want to change the law you get to deal with human reasoning.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Missouri abortion lawsuit heading to state Supreme Court

Looks like a good test to see if sincere religious beliefs really do exempt people from following the law. People hoping that businesses can refuse service to minority groups should hope the plaintiff succeeds here.
The Salem, Massachusetts-based Satanic Temple doesn’t believe in a literal Satan but sees the biblical Satan as a metaphor for rebellion against tyranny, said Lucien Greaves, co-founder of the Satanic Temple.

Hmm...that does not appear to be a religious belief but more of a political statement.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Abortion is not murder.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

I saw the thread earlier, before anyone posted in it. Then I clicked again, and instead of hoping to the second post, it went to yours.

I was like "Eh, the post seemed kind of baity but how do you get pro-murder out of it? :mmh:"

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,913.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I saw the thread earlier, before anyone posted in it. Then I clicked again, and instead of hoping to the second post, it went to yours.

I was like "Eh, the post seemed kind of baity but how do you get pro-murder out of it? :mmh:"
Lynching? Implies killing people without lawful trial, ergo murder.

Upvote 0

Dawnhammer

Mar 5, 2017
Denmark
✟23,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Satanism is not a religion

It gets bit tricky when you have to prove in court something is religion or not.

Although they have done it

Worshipping the Flying Spaghetti Monster is not a real religion, court rules

The essence of this action," the state wrote, "is that prison officials believe the Plaintiff is not sincere in his religious beliefs about a flying lump of spaghetti that first created 'a mountain, trees, and a midget.'"

So labeling something as not religion it was only necessary to believe they were not sincere.

Somebody passing truth test in believing Flying Spaghetti Monster would make this religion?

Interesting stuff.

Upvote 0