Religion and hatred

Mar 21, 2013
✟18,105.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
How do we escape the cycle of religious hatred and blame? How do we stop seeing people of different faiths as misled, evil, or even as followers of Satan?

As human beings on a single small planet, we can no longer afford hatred, antipathy and violence anymore. Our technology has become far too powerful. How do we let go of our tribalism and embrace our common humanity?

Reactions: nightflight

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
How do we escape the cycle of religious hatred and blame? How do we stop seeing people of different faiths as misled, evil, or even as followers of Satan?

As human beings on a single small planet, we can no longer afford hatred, antipathy and violence anymore. Our technology has become far too powerful. How do we let go of our tribalism and embrace our common humanity?

We don't.
Not as long as people still subscribe to the "I have the one true path and everyone else is wrong and/or evil" mentality.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How do we escape the cycle of religious hatred and blame?

Become a Christian.
John 14:6, John 3:16-17, John 3:3, John 5:24, and then top that off with Romans 10:8-13. :prayer:

p.s. Christianity is not a religion. :wave:

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Become a Christian.
John 14:6, John 3:16-17, John 3:3, John 5:24, and then top that off with Romans 10:8-13. :prayer:

I can't. I'm just going to let it go.

Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Become a Christian.
That doesn't automatically solve the problem. Many Christians are part of the problem. Become a good person and a Christian, sure. The two aren't mutually exclusive by any means, but nor would they form a single circle if you drew a Venn diagram.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Become a Christian.

Awesome! Judaism isn't a religion either!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Then religion doesn't exist at all. Christianity is no different than any other. What term would you prefer that people use to describe the belief systems that are currently known as religions?

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Then religion doesn't exist at all. Christianity is no different than any other. What term would prefer people use to describe the belief systems that are currently known as religions?

Predicting "personal relationship" in 3..2..1...
(Even though it's the exact same "relationship" that's expected from every human being for the rest of time.

Reactions: Mex5150
Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then religion doesn't exist at all. Christianity is no different than any other. What term would you prefer that people use to describe the belief systems that are currently known as religions?

Non-believers.

6-6-2015 OOPS.......... as noted later in this thread, I should have typed "religionists." See additional posts "along the way" to supplement the Truth that "Christianity is not a religion."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Non-believers.
Why would I call anyone that when I'm not a Christian? That wouldn't make sense.

You are absolutely under no obligation to identify as religious, and you are free to think of other people as "non-believers" in the context of your beliefs. But don't pretend that there's anything objective about that or expect your terminology to be universal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Predicting "personal relationship" in 3..2..1...
(Even though it's the exact same "relationship" that's expected from every human being for the rest of time.

Like I said, Judaism isn't a religion either. I've decided never to argue with people who say they don't follow a religion; I just declare that I also don't follow one.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Like I said, Judaism isn't a religion either. I've decided never to argue with people who say they don't follow a religion; I just declare that I also don't follow one.

On the contrary, Judaism is a perfect example of organized religion. Christianity is not.

Reactions: TikvahShua
Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
^_^

I have no problem with people saying they don't identify as religious. It's when they insist that everything else is still a religion that it becomes a problem. How could any research ever get done if everyone decided to agree with that? And why would anyone make that concession for just one particular religion in the first place? It's like when someone says "I don't have a race! I'm just WHITE. That's different. They have race."

Yes, I've heard people say this.

Upvote 0